EXCLUSIVE: The former Secret Circle star is getting Vince Vaughn as a Dad. Britt Robertson will play Kristen in the American remake of the 2011 French-Canadian film Starbuck. Kristen is a troubled teen who is one of the 533 children that Vaughn’s character fathered through sperm donation. Ken Scott, who directed and co-wrote the French-language original, is on board for the new version as is original producer Andre Rouleau. Robertson recently finished filming the bully drama White Rabbit. The CW cancelled The Secret Circle, in which Robertson played lead Cassie Blake, in May 2012 after one season. The actress will be seen in Sony Pictures’ upcoming The First Time. The teen romance, which premiered at the Sundance Film Festival earlier this year, is due out on October 19. Robertson is repped by Innovative Artists.
Vince Vaughn's 'Starbuck' Adds 'Secret Circle's Britt Robertson
What's Hot on Deadline
Cannes Winners: 'Shoplifters' Takes Palme D'Or; Spike Lee's 'BlacKkKlansman' Is Grand Prize - Full List
'Deadpool 2' Sets Fox Record With $176M Overseas Bow; 'Avengers: Infinity War' Tops $1.81B WW - International Box Office
Royal Wedding: Prince Harry Tells Meghan Markle She "Looks Amazing", Bishop Curry's Speech And Other Unforgettable Moments
'SNL' Finale Highlights: Tina Fey Dusts Off Sarah Palin Impersonation, Takes Celebs' Questions, Yes-Ands In 'Chicago Improv'
Latest Film News
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Sets Fox Record With $176M Overseas Bow; ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Tops $1.81B WW – International…
- Patricia Morison Dies: Glamourous Movie Star Of The 1940s Was 103
- 'First Reformed' Nabs Top Spot; 'Pope Francis' Mixed: Specialty Box Office
- Guns On The Playbill? Every Major Studio Has Them This Season
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Swinging In As Second-Best Opening For R-Rated Pic With $125M
- 'No Blood Was Shed': Jury Head Cate Blanchett On Gender, Race And Choosing The 'Right' Palme D'Or