EXCLUSIVE: UTA emerged from a competitive pursuit and has signed Italian filmmaker Luca Guadagnino. UTA becomes the first U.S. agency for Guadagnino, best known for helming I Am Love (Io Sono L’amore), the film that starred Tilda Swinton. It was nominated last year for Golden Globe and BAFTA awards for Best Foreign Language Film. Guadagnino already is capitalizing on the film that put him on the map. He’s next going to direct a remake for Studio Canal of the 1969 pic La Piscine, which will be entitled A Bigger Splash. Scripted by Dave Kajganich, the film will begin production early next year. Guadagnino is also currently in post-production on the Bernardo Bertolluci docu Bertolucci On Bertolucci. He is additionally in discussions with financiers on the James Ellroy novel The Big Nowhere, which will be produced by Heyday’s David Heyman and Jeffrey Clifford, along with Maurizio Grimaldi. Guadagnino is also producing a remake of Dario Argento’s classic horror film Suspiria. The helmer will continue to be repped by Cinetic Media and attorney Stephen Saltzman.
UTA Signs 'Io Sono L'amore' Helmer Luca Guadagnino
What's Hot on Deadline
Billy Bob Thornton, Carla Juri & Charlie Hunnam Join Aaron Taylor-Johnson In 'A Million Little Pieces'
Latest Film News
- Peter Mayle Dies; ‘A Year In Provence’ & ‘A Good Year’ Author Was 78
- Colin Firth Refuses To Work With Woody Allen In The Future
- Bradford Dillman Dies: Star Of Broadway, Film And TV Was 87
- Morgan Neville On His Mister Rogers Sundance Docu, New Netflix Series & Civility
- A New Day For Sundance Ride-Share Post-Uber Helicopter Fiasco As Lyft Pulls In
- Netflix Seals Deal For ‘Sierra Burgess Is A Loser’