EXCLUSIVE: UTA emerged from a competitive pursuit and has signed Italian filmmaker Luca Guadagnino. UTA becomes the first U.S. agency for Guadagnino, best known for helming I Am Love (Io Sono L’amore), the film that starred Tilda Swinton. It was nominated last year for Golden Globe and BAFTA awards for Best Foreign Language Film. Guadagnino already is capitalizing on the film that put him on the map. He’s next going to direct a remake for Studio Canal of the 1969 pic La Piscine, which will be entitled A Bigger Splash. Scripted by Dave Kajganich, the film will begin production early next year. Guadagnino is also currently in post-production on the Bernardo Bertolluci docu Bertolucci On Bertolucci. He is additionally in discussions with financiers on the James Ellroy novel The Big Nowhere, which will be produced by Heyday’s David Heyman and Jeffrey Clifford, along with Maurizio Grimaldi. Guadagnino is also producing a remake of Dario Argento’s classic horror film Suspiria. The helmer will continue to be repped by Cinetic Media and attorney Stephen Saltzman.
UTA Signs 'Io Sono L'amore' Helmer Luca Guadagnino
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Martin Scorsese's 'The Irishman,' Starring Robert De Niro Heading To Netflix?
- Leah Adler Dies: Steven Spielberg’s Mother Was 97
- Uma Thurman Regrets Turning Down ‘Lord Of The Rings’ Role
- UCLA Diversity Report Downplays Gains Made By Industry’s Women and Minorities
- ‘Logan’ Review: The Marvel Comic Book Movie For People Who Hate Marvel Comic Book Movies
- Simon Kinberg Looking To Direct Next ‘X-Men’?