EXCLUSIVE: UTA emerged from a competitive pursuit and has signed Italian filmmaker Luca Guadagnino. UTA becomes the first U.S. agency for Guadagnino, best known for helming I Am Love (Io Sono L’amore), the film that starred Tilda Swinton. It was nominated last year for Golden Globe and BAFTA awards for Best Foreign Language Film. Guadagnino already is capitalizing on the film that put him on the map. He’s next going to direct a remake for Studio Canal of the 1969 pic La Piscine, which will be entitled A Bigger Splash. Scripted by Dave Kajganich, the film will begin production early next year. Guadagnino is also currently in post-production on the Bernardo Bertolluci docu Bertolucci On Bertolucci. He is additionally in discussions with financiers on the James Ellroy novel The Big Nowhere, which will be produced by Heyday’s David Heyman and Jeffrey Clifford, along with Maurizio Grimaldi. Guadagnino is also producing a remake of Dario Argento’s classic horror film Suspiria. The helmer will continue to be repped by Cinetic Media and attorney Stephen Saltzman.
UTA Signs 'Io Sono L'amore' Helmer Luca Guadagnino
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest Film News
- Malcolm Young Dies: AC/DC Guitarist Rocked Charts & TV-Film Soundtracks
- ‘Incredibles 2’ Teaser: Little Jack-Jack Shows Off His Baby Superpower
- ‘Justice League’ Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M+ Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened
- ‘Justice League’ Rises To $70.7M Through Friday At International Box Office
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks