EXCLUSIVE: UTA emerged from a competitive pursuit and has signed Italian filmmaker Luca Guadagnino. UTA becomes the first U.S. agency for Guadagnino, best known for helming I Am Love (Io Sono L’amore), the film that starred Tilda Swinton. It was nominated last year for Golden Globe and BAFTA awards for Best Foreign Language Film. Guadagnino already is capitalizing on the film that put him on the map. He’s next going to direct a remake for Studio Canal of the 1969 pic La Piscine, which will be entitled A Bigger Splash. Scripted by Dave Kajganich, the film will begin production early next year. Guadagnino is also currently in post-production on the Bernardo Bertolluci docu Bertolucci On Bertolucci. He is additionally in discussions with financiers on the James Ellroy novel The Big Nowhere, which will be produced by Heyday’s David Heyman and Jeffrey Clifford, along with Maurizio Grimaldi. Guadagnino is also producing a remake of Dario Argento’s classic horror film Suspiria. The helmer will continue to be repped by Cinetic Media and attorney Stephen Saltzman.
UTA Signs 'Io Sono L'amore' Helmer Luca Guadagnino
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Jack Reacher' Cuffs $31M But 'Mechanic' Puts Wrench Into China Perf; 'Girl', 'Inferno', 'Peregrine' Advance - Intl Box Office
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest Film News
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Cuffs $31M But ‘Mechanic’ Puts Wrench Into China Perf; ‘Girl’, ‘Inferno’, ‘Peregrine’ Advance – Intl…
- ‘Ouija: Origin Of Evil’: The Newton Brothers Talk Their Horror Film Score
- 'Moonlight' & ‘Michael Moore In TrumpLand' Top 2016 Theater Averages – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Madea’ To Push Well Past $27M As ‘Jack Reacher’ Takes $22M to $23M; ‘Joneses’ Can’t Keep Up – Sun…
- Matthew McConaughey To Be Honored At Napa Valley Film Festival
- Dan Porter, WME’s Head Of Digital, To Exit Agency