EXCLUSIVE: UTA emerged from a competitive pursuit and has signed Italian filmmaker Luca Guadagnino. UTA becomes the first U.S. agency for Guadagnino, best known for helming I Am Love (Io Sono L’amore), the film that starred Tilda Swinton. It was nominated last year for Golden Globe and BAFTA awards for Best Foreign Language Film. Guadagnino already is capitalizing on the film that put him on the map. He’s next going to direct a remake for Studio Canal of the 1969 pic La Piscine, which will be entitled A Bigger Splash. Scripted by Dave Kajganich, the film will begin production early next year. Guadagnino is also currently in post-production on the Bernardo Bertolluci docu Bertolucci On Bertolucci. He is additionally in discussions with financiers on the James Ellroy novel The Big Nowhere, which will be produced by Heyday’s David Heyman and Jeffrey Clifford, along with Maurizio Grimaldi. Guadagnino is also producing a remake of Dario Argento’s classic horror film Suspiria. The helmer will continue to be repped by Cinetic Media and attorney Stephen Saltzman.
UTA Signs 'Io Sono L'amore' Helmer Luca Guadagnino
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Looked Un-Prepared At Debate, Hillary Clinton Looked "Like Preparation H"
Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O'Donnell Get The Last Word, For Now
Latest Film News
- Oscars: Italy’s Foreign Language Entry ‘Fire At Sea’ Also Will Be Pushed In Documentary
- ‘Magnificent Seven’ Lassos $59.3M Worldwide & Record $34.7M U.S. Opening For Antoine Fuqua – Monday Final…
- Molly Parker, Miranda July & Newcomer Helena Howard Topline Indie Pic ‘Movie No. 1’
- L.A. OKs 17% Fee Hike For On-Location Fire Safety Officers
- Kyle Bornheimer Joins Netflix’s ‘Little Evil’; Mira Sorvino Goes ‘Behind The Glass’
- ‘Pacific Rim 2’ Adds ‘Emerald City’s Adria Arjona