BREAKING… The Errol Morris-directed The Unknown Known: The Life And Times Of Donald Rumsfeld has been a hot topic ever since promo material for the controversial feature documentary was shown this year at Cannes. Now History Films, Radius-TWC and Participant Media in association with Moxie Pictures have come aboard for the pic, which The Weinstein Company label Radius-TWC will release theatrically sometime next year. Netflix and international sales agent Hanway Films also have joined the project, which draws on hours of filmed interviews and never-before-seen material from Rumsfeld’s private archive and looks at the Washington power player’s role in American history from Watergate to 9/11. The deals were negotiated by Submarine’s Josh Braun, who will also be an executive producer on the film; attorneys Sue Bodine of Cowan Debaets Abrahams & Sheppard; Peter Grossman of Lichter Grossman Nichols Adler & Feldman; and Participant COO Jeff Ivers.
Toronto: Radius-TWC, Participant And History Team For Errol Morris' Donald Rumsfeld Doc 'The Unknown Known'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Christopher McQuarrie Accepts ‘Mission: Impossible 6’
- The Weinstein Co. Puts ‘The Alchemist’ In Turnaround
- RealD Says Potential Bidders Backed Off Over Concerns About 3D’s Prospects
- Fullscreen Taps Ex-Hulu Boss Andy Forssell As COO
- Slamdance Film Festival Slate Announced
- Russian Film Director Eldar Ryazanov, Icon Of Romantic Satire, Dies At 88