Universal has hired scribe David Guggenheim to try drafting a sequel to Safe House, the hit drama that Daniel Espinosa directed with Denzel Washington and Ryan Reynolds. It’s far from a sure thing, as Washington isn’t really a sequels guy. But the film did well enough where you have to try. Guggenheim scripted the first installment. Scribe’s repped by Paradigm and Madhouse.
Universal Sets Scribe For Potential 'Safe House' Sequel
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Steve Carell Replacing Zach Galifianakis In 'Freeheld'
- Paradigm Signs Joe Johnston
- Sony Pictures Locks Tom Hanks, Ron Howard For April 'Inferno' Start
- Voltage Sets John Moore And William Wisher For Pierce Brosnan-Starrer 'I.T.'
- Deadline's Mike Fleming Jr And Kurt Sutter Live-Blog The Emmys
- Parkinson's & Robin Williams: Ex-Time Warner Chief Jerry Levin's Personal Reveal – Turning Tragedy Into Legacy