Universal has hired scribe David Guggenheim to try drafting a sequel to Safe House, the hit drama that Daniel Espinosa directed with Denzel Washington and Ryan Reynolds. It’s far from a sure thing, as Washington isn’t really a sequels guy. But the film did well enough where you have to try. Guggenheim scripted the first installment. Scribe’s repped by Paradigm and Madhouse.
Universal Sets Scribe For Potential 'Safe House' Sequel
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Murphy On '9-1-1's Ratings Success, Season 2 Details, Connie Britton's Future On the Show & Potential Spinoff Series
'The Assassination Of Gianni Versace' Season Finale: What Does Designer's Murder Mean 20 Years Later?
'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Deleted Scene Features Tom Hardy, Prince Harry & Prince William As Storm Troopers
'Once Upon A Time' Series Finale: Ginnifer Goodwin, Jennifer Morrison, Josh Dallas & Emilie de Ravin Returning
Hallmark Channel Upfront Presentation Canceled Due To Storm; Net Makes Announcements, Including ‘When Calls the Heart’ Renewal, At Central Park Event
Latest Film News
- ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Deleted Scene Features Tom Hardy, Prince Harry & Prince William As Storm Troopers
- On Eve Of AT&T-DOJ Trial, Media Business Weighs The Stakes
- Melina Kanakaredes To Co-Write & Produce Film Based On Life Of ‘On Death & Dying’ Author…
- Kyra Sedgwick, Jeffrey Donovan Join Dark Comedy Film ‘Villains’
- Triple Threat Alexandria Bombach Signs With UTA
- Tessa Thompson Joins Sony’s ‘Men In Black’ Offshoot