Universal has hired scribe David Guggenheim to try drafting a sequel to Safe House, the hit drama that Daniel Espinosa directed with Denzel Washington and Ryan Reynolds. It’s far from a sure thing, as Washington isn’t really a sequels guy. But the film did well enough where you have to try. Guggenheim scripted the first installment. Scribe’s repped by Paradigm and Madhouse.
Universal Sets Scribe For Potential 'Safe House' Sequel
What's Hot on Deadline
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
World's Biggest YouTuber Vows To Delete Channel Citing Traffic, Race-Based Complaints About Video Service
Latest Film News
- Peter, Paul & Mary Tune ‘Puff The Magic Dragon’ In Fox Deal With ‘Troll’s Helmer Mike Mitchell
- 21st Century Fox Reaches Preliminary Deal To Acquire UK’s Sky
- Tooley Prods Snaps Up ‘Pics Or It Didn’t Happen’ Spec By Abby McDonald
- ‘Fast 8’ Officially Titled ‘The Fate Of The Furious’ As First Look Emerges
- ‘Westworld’s Luke Hemsworth Saddles Up For Western ‘Leaving Abilene’
- Amy Adams Set To Be Honored At Palm Springs Festival