Just read on a rival site that The Weinstein Company is moving aggressively toward a deal after making an offer on Derek Cianfrance’s The Place Beyond The Pines. Only problem, I’m told by sources inside The Weinstein Company, is that they haven’t made an offer. At least not yet. I’m told from the other side of the table that there are as many as six suitors that are really interested in this film and perhaps have made offers. Small wonder, with the cast of Ryan Gosling, Bradley Cooper and Eva Mendes. I was also told TWC isn’t on that list. At least not yet. That means the movie is still in play. The movie made an impression during yesterday’s screening, but buyers are mulling the usual issues. The one I keep hearing is, will Cianfrance cut a movie that is looong? This is arguably the acquisition title that came in with the most heat, and it will certainly sell. Maybe even to TWC. Probably before the weekend is over. But it may very well go to a place beyond the Weinsteins. Stay tuned.
Toronto: Insider Says No Weinstein Company Offer On 'Place Beyond The Pines'
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest Film News
- ‘Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales’ To World Premiere In Shanghai
- Deadline Studio at Tribeca 2017 – Day 5 – Milo Ventimiglia, Cobie Smulders, Justin Long, Martin Landau & More
- Jeff Goldblum Books Trip To ‘Jurassic World’ Sequel
- WGA Contract Talks Over For The Day, Will Resume Wednesday – Update
- Universal’s ‘Half To Death’ & ‘The Snowman’ Swap Slots; ‘Insidious: Chapter 4’ Moves Off 2017 Schedule…
- Netflix Picks Up Alfre Woodard-Starring Drama ‘Juanita’