Just read on a rival site that The Weinstein Company is moving aggressively toward a deal after making an offer on Derek Cianfrance’s The Place Beyond The Pines. Only problem, I’m told by sources inside The Weinstein Company, is that they haven’t made an offer. At least not yet. I’m told from the other side of the table that there are as many as six suitors that are really interested in this film and perhaps have made offers. Small wonder, with the cast of Ryan Gosling, Bradley Cooper and Eva Mendes. I was also told TWC isn’t on that list. At least not yet. That means the movie is still in play. The movie made an impression during yesterday’s screening, but buyers are mulling the usual issues. The one I keep hearing is, will Cianfrance cut a movie that is looong? This is arguably the acquisition title that came in with the most heat, and it will certainly sell. Maybe even to TWC. Probably before the weekend is over. But it may very well go to a place beyond the Weinsteins. Stay tuned.
Toronto: Insider Says No Weinstein Company Offer On 'Place Beyond The Pines'
What's Hot on Deadline
Samantha Geimer, Victim In Roman Polanski Sex Case, Strongly Defends Him Inside And Outside Of Court
Latest Film News
- PGA Awards Unveil Documentary Feature Nominees
- ‘Coco’ Review: Pixar Does It Again With Dazzling New Toon
- Can ‘Coco’ Whip ‘Justice League’ For Top Spot Over Thanksgiving Stretch? – Box Office Preview
- AT&T Boss In Wake Of DOJ Lawsuit: Any Deal Harming CNN Is “A Non-Starter”
- Alexandra Shipp In Final Negotiations To Join Samuel L. Jackson, Richard Roundtree In ‘Shaft’