Screen Media Films has announced the formation of Primal Screen, a new label horror label that will focus on the development, production, and acquisition of new fright films. Screen Media president Suzanne Blech will oversee this new unit of the company and Michael Dwyer and Seth Needle will be at the Toronto Film Festival looking to scare up titles. That means they’ll haunt the Midnight Madness offerings and get no sleep. “Under our Screen Media Films umbrella, we are excited to launch a branded line of horror titles in this still quite profitable genre,” said Blech. “The brand will focus on connecting with fans by releasing unique genre films that literally appeal to their primal thirst for all things horror.” It furthers Screen Media’s reach into genre fare, as they have already released titles that include Night Of The Living Dead 3D: Reanimation, FDR: American Badass, Inkubus, and I Sell The Dead.
Toronto: Screen Media Hatches Horror Label Primal Screen
What's Hot on Deadline
Arrow/Flash Superhero Team-Up Spinoff In Works At CW; Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, Caity Lotz Star
More From Fleming Jr
- New Regency Acquires Film For ’71’s Yann Demange To Direct, Plan B To Produce
- Bruce Lee Family Plans New Film Biopic
- A Third Robin Hood Script Enters The Fray; This By King Arthur Scribe Joby Harold
- Rob Letterman Doffs ‘Captain Underpants'; ‘Turbo’s David Soren Being Fitted For DWA Pic
- Will ‘The Crow’ Fly With Jack Huston?
- Marc Forster Sets Blake Lively, Jason Clarke For ‘All I See Is You’