Screen Media Films has announced the formation of Primal Screen, a new label horror label that will focus on the development, production, and acquisition of new fright films. Screen Media president Suzanne Blech will oversee this new unit of the company and Michael Dwyer and Seth Needle will be at the Toronto Film Festival looking to scare up titles. That means they’ll haunt the Midnight Madness offerings and get no sleep. “Under our Screen Media Films umbrella, we are excited to launch a branded line of horror titles in this still quite profitable genre,” said Blech. “The brand will focus on connecting with fans by releasing unique genre films that literally appeal to their primal thirst for all things horror.” It furthers Screen Media’s reach into genre fare, as they have already released titles that include Night Of The Living Dead 3D: Reanimation, FDR: American Badass, Inkubus, and I Sell The Dead.
Toronto: Screen Media Hatches Horror Label Primal Screen
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Jennifer Aniston May Be On The Fast Track To Oscar As Awards Groups Shower Her With Best Actress Nominations
More From Fleming Jr
- Ben Affleck, Others Stumping For Bradley Cooper's 'American Sniper' Performance
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- Did We All Help North Korea Hackers Murder Free Speech This Week?
- Sony Pictures Acquires Robert Rodriguez & His Frank Frazetta Homage 'Fire And Ice'
- Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
- Anthony Mackie, Helmer Justin Simien 'Make A Wish' At Paramount