Screen Media Films has announced the formation of Primal Screen, a new label horror label that will focus on the development, production, and acquisition of new fright films. Screen Media president Suzanne Blech will oversee this new unit of the company and Michael Dwyer and Seth Needle will be at the Toronto Film Festival looking to scare up titles. That means they’ll haunt the Midnight Madness offerings and get no sleep. “Under our Screen Media Films umbrella, we are excited to launch a branded line of horror titles in this still quite profitable genre,” said Blech. “The brand will focus on connecting with fans by releasing unique genre films that literally appeal to their primal thirst for all things horror.” It furthers Screen Media’s reach into genre fare, as they have already released titles that include Night Of The Living Dead 3D: Reanimation, FDR: American Badass, Inkubus, and I Sell The Dead.
Toronto: Screen Media Hatches Horror Label Primal Screen
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- RADiUS To Release SXSW Winner 'The Great Invisible'
- Toronto Finds Bill Murray And Gives Him A Day
- A 'Sophie's Choice': 'Jaws' Or 'Goodfellas'?
- Paul Schrader's 'Dying Of The Light' Acquired By Lionsgate Home Entertainment
- Warner Bros Pre-empts 'Mack Bolan'; Bradley Cooper, Todd Phillips Aboard
- Bart & Fleming: On Robin Williams And Empathetic Star Send-Offs