Here’s a clip from Kon-Tiki, which plays the Toronto Film Festival at 5:30 PM today at the Wintergarden Theater after winning the Audience Award when it made its world premiere at the Norwegian International Film Festival a few weeks ago. The film, helmed by Joachim Roenning and Espen Sandberg, was produced by Jeremy Thomas. Roenning and Sandberg’s last film, Max Manus, is the highest-grossing film in Scandinavian history and the 2009 Norwegian Oscar entry for Best Foreign Film. Kon-Tiki opened in Norway last Friday and broke the Max Manus record for biggest opener of a Norwegian movie.
Hot Toronto Trailer: 'Kon-Tiki'
What's Hot on Deadline
Moviegoers Turn Out For The 'Apocalypse' Over Memorial Day & Chop Off 'Alice's Head - Sunday AM Update
'Alice' Sees $65M In Offshore Looking Glass; 'Warcraft' Scores $31.6M; 'X-Men' Cumes $186M - Intl Box Office
Latest Film News
- ‘Alice’ Sees $65M In Offshore Looking Glass; ‘Warcraft’ Scores $31.6M; ‘X-Men’ Cumes $186M – Intl…
- Holdovers 'Weiner,' 'Love & Friendship' & 'The Lobster' Strong: Specialty Box Office
- Sam Mendes: “I Think It's Time For Somebody Else” To Direct Bond
- Dwayne Johnson Teases Furious Future With First In-Character Pic From ‘Fast 8’
- Jeff Bridges Infiltrates ‘Kingsman: The Golden Circle’
- ‘Equals’ Director Drake Doremus On Film’s Love Story, Locations & Audience Response