Here’s a clip from Kon-Tiki, which plays the Toronto Film Festival at 5:30 PM today at the Wintergarden Theater after winning the Audience Award when it made its world premiere at the Norwegian International Film Festival a few weeks ago. The film, helmed by Joachim Roenning and Espen Sandberg, was produced by Jeremy Thomas. Roenning and Sandberg’s last film, Max Manus, is the highest-grossing film in Scandinavian history and the 2009 Norwegian Oscar entry for Best Foreign Film. Kon-Tiki opened in Norway last Friday and broke the Max Manus record for biggest opener of a Norwegian movie.
Hot Toronto Trailer: 'Kon-Tiki'
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Middle' Co-Creator On The "Bittersweet" Series Finale, Devoted Fans And Possible 10-Year Reboot
'The Middle' Series Finale: ABC's Fond Farewell To America's Beloved TV Family Is One "Heck Of A Ride"
'Disenchantment' Teases First Look At Fantastical Characters In Matt Groening's Very Adult Netflix Animated Series
Latest Film News
- Parents of Slain Teen Trayvon Martin Say The Weinstein Co. Owes Them $150,000
- Liam Neeson Suits Up For ‘Men In Black’ Spinoff
- Cohen Media Group Sets ‘Palmer’ Scribe Cheryl Guerriero To Adapt ‘Maiden Voyage’
- Chad Stahelski Set To Direct ‘Analog’ For Lionsgate
- Antoine Fuqua To Direct Nicholas Pileggi-Scripted ‘The Street’ for Tooley Entertainment, eOne, Pressman Films
- Michelle Williams To Star In Underground Abortion Network Drama ‘This Is Jane’ For Amazon Studios