Here’s a clip from Kon-Tiki, which plays the Toronto Film Festival at 5:30 PM today at the Wintergarden Theater after winning the Audience Award when it made its world premiere at the Norwegian International Film Festival a few weeks ago. The film, helmed by Joachim Roenning and Espen Sandberg, was produced by Jeremy Thomas. Roenning and Sandberg’s last film, Max Manus, is the highest-grossing film in Scandinavian history and the 2009 Norwegian Oscar entry for Best Foreign Film. Kon-Tiki opened in Norway last Friday and broke the Max Manus record for biggest opener of a Norwegian movie.
Hot Toronto Trailer: 'Kon-Tiki'
What's Hot on Deadline
TV & Film Casting Biz Disrupted: Fox's Decision To Drop Breakdown Services For Casting Networks & Its Fallout
Spirit Award Nominations: 'Call Me By Your Name', 'Lady Bird', 'Get Out', 'The Rider', 'Florida Project' Best Pics
Latest Film News
- In Hollywood, Few Female Stunt Performers Are Allowed To Drive
- Ashley Hamilton To Helm ‘Gothic Harvest’; UTA Inks Jason Kohn; Comedy Dynamics Nabs Two Titles…
- Tig Notaro To Host Artios Awards; Nicole Kidman To Present Award To Kevin Huvane
- ‘The Meyerowitz Stories’ Director Noah Baumbach On His Personally Rooted Penchant For New York Stories
- John Lasseter’s Leave Of Absence At Disney/Pixar Comes As Women Detail Unwanted Behavior
- Canadian Actors Union Branch President Says She Was Sexually Assaulted Four Times