Here’s a clip from Kon-Tiki, which plays the Toronto Film Festival at 5:30 PM today at the Wintergarden Theater after winning the Audience Award when it made its world premiere at the Norwegian International Film Festival a few weeks ago. The film, helmed by Joachim Roenning and Espen Sandberg, was produced by Jeremy Thomas. Roenning and Sandberg’s last film, Max Manus, is the highest-grossing film in Scandinavian history and the 2009 Norwegian Oscar entry for Best Foreign Film. Kon-Tiki opened in Norway last Friday and broke the Max Manus record for biggest opener of a Norwegian movie.
Hot Toronto Trailer: 'Kon-Tiki'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pretty Little Liars' Spinoff 'The Perfectionists' Starring Sasha Pieterse & Janel Parrish Gets Freeform Pilot Order
Latest Film News
- Oscars: Italy Enters Scorsese-Shepherded ‘A Ciambra’ In Foreign Language Race
- Emily Mortimer To Star Opposite Gary Oldman In Supernatural Thriller ‘Mary’
- Austin Film Festival: ‘Chappaquiddick,’ ‘Call Me By Your Name’, ‘The Darkest Hour’ Round…
- AMC Buys Into VR, Investing $20 Million In Dreamscape Theatrical Rollout
- CAA Stake Acquired By Singapore’s Temasek
- ‘Avatar’ Starts Production Today On Four Consecutive Sequels At Over $1 Billion Budget