Discovery Communications’ TLC network is in discussions to pick up the celebrity genealogy show Who Do You Think You Are?, Bloomberg reported this evening citing people familiar with the discussions. NBC canceled the show, which traced celebrity family trees, earlier this year which resulted in the website associated with the show, Ancestry.com, losing a third of its market value. WDYTYA producers are also said to be in talks with other networks. Revival of the show would likely boost prospects for the sale of Ancestry.com, which has been talking to potential buyers. Shares in Ancestry.com rose less than 1% to $31.42 at market closing but rose as much as 3.7% in after-hours trading. Discovery rose 1.6% to $59.44. Who Do You Think You Are? was adapted from a British show and traced the ancestry of celebrities such as Sarah Jessica Parker, Gwyneth Paltrow and Spike Lee, using Ancestry.com’s genealogical data.
TLC In Talks To Pick Up 'Who Do You Think You Are?': Report
What's Hot on Deadline
Robert Redford Sanguine About Donald Trump But "Depressed" About Partisan Politics At Sundance Opening Presser
'Split' Soars To Mid-$30M After Solid $2M Start; 'xXx,' $1.2M, 'Founder,' $105K In Previews As 'Hidden Figures' Stays Strong - Friday - UPDATE
Hollywood Reacts To Trump Inauguration: "Country Is Lost", Tweets Alec Baldwin; Scott Baio Proud To Be "Deplorable"
Obama Can't Stop Speechifying As President Trump Signs First Bill, Forcing TV Networks To Make Choices
Latest TV News
- Feds Want ‘Dance Moms’ Abby Lee Miller To Get 2.5 Years In Prison For Fraud Case
- Nicollette Sheridan’s ‘Desperate Housewives’ Case Gets Tossed – Again
- Kourtney Kang Coming-Of-Age Comedy Gets NBC Pilot Order, Casts Young Lead
- ‘Queen Of The South’: Yancey Arias Set To Recur In Season 2
- Obama Vs. Trump Inauguration Crowd Size: Photos Tell Story
- ‘Girl Meets World’ Finale: Creator On Topanga’s Choice, New Network Search & Season 4