Marvel’s Thor: The Dark World just grew by two more demigods. Richard Brake and Clive Russell have been cast in the Alan Taylor–directed film, which is due out November 8, 2013. Brake will play a captain in the elite Einherjar, a warrior team that in the mythology fought alongside Thor on numerous occasions. Blake’s credits include playing Joe Chill, the murderer of Bruce Wayne’s parents, in Christopher Nolan’s 2005 film Batman Begins. Repped by Abrams Artists and Main Title Entertainment, Brake is currently filming The Counselor, which stars Michael Fassbender, Brad Pitt and Cameron Diaz. Russell will play Tyr, the older brother of Thor and Asgard’s god of war. Unlike Thor’s evil brother Loki, Tyr is a natural son of Odin. Russell recently joined Game Of Thrones’ third season as Ser Brynden the Blackfish, a warrior in the House Tully. He also appeared in the Sherlock Holmes franchise.
‘Thor: The Dark World’ Adds Pair To Cast
What's Hot on Deadline
'Westworld' Finale Postmortem: EP Jonathan Nolan On Season 2's Samurai World, Missing Characters & Dr. Ford's Fate
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $177M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
Latest Film News
- Note To Oscar Host Jimmy Kimmel: Johnny Carson’s Suit Patterns Are Up For Sale
- ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ Trailer: Watch Optimus Prime Do Some Heavy Duty Transforming
- Pharrell Williams On ‘Hidden Figures’ Hidden NASA History – The Contenders Video
- Jimmy Kimmel To Host The Oscars
- ‘Sing’ Review: The Tunes In This Terrific ‘Toon Will Have You Dancing In The Aisles
- Martin Scorsese’s ‘Silence’ Plots January Expansion