Marvel’s Thor: The Dark World just grew by two more demigods. Richard Brake and Clive Russell have been cast in the Alan Taylor–directed film, which is due out November 8, 2013. Brake will play a captain in the elite Einherjar, a warrior team that in the mythology fought alongside Thor on numerous occasions. Blake’s credits include playing Joe Chill, the murderer of Bruce Wayne’s parents, in Christopher Nolan’s 2005 film Batman Begins. Repped by Abrams Artists and Main Title Entertainment, Brake is currently filming The Counselor, which stars Michael Fassbender, Brad Pitt and Cameron Diaz. Russell will play Tyr, the older brother of Thor and Asgard’s god of war. Unlike Thor’s evil brother Loki, Tyr is a natural son of Odin. Russell recently joined Game Of Thrones’ third season as Ser Brynden the Blackfish, a warrior in the House Tully. He also appeared in the Sherlock Holmes franchise.
‘Thor: The Dark World’ Adds Pair To Cast
What's Hot on Deadline
Billy Bob Thornton, Carla Juri & Charlie Hunnam Join Aaron Taylor-Johnson In 'A Million Little Pieces'
Latest Film News
- Turner & Warner Bros Team Up To Launch Movie SVOD Service FilmStruck Globally
- MoviePass Launches MoviePass Ventures: Subsidiary Will Co-Acquire Films With Distributors – Sundance
- Peter Mayle Dies: ‘A Year In Provence’ & ‘A Good Year’ Author Was 78
- Colin Firth Refuses To Work With Woody Allen In The Future
- Bradford Dillman Dies: Star Of Broadway, Film And TV Was 87
- Morgan Neville On His Mister Rogers Sundance Docu, New Netflix Series & Civility