Marvel’s Thor: The Dark World just grew by two more demigods. Richard Brake and Clive Russell have been cast in the Alan Taylor–directed film, which is due out November 8, 2013. Brake will play a captain in the elite Einherjar, a warrior team that in the mythology fought alongside Thor on numerous occasions. Blake’s credits include playing Joe Chill, the murderer of Bruce Wayne’s parents, in Christopher Nolan’s 2005 film Batman Begins. Repped by Abrams Artists and Main Title Entertainment, Brake is currently filming The Counselor, which stars Michael Fassbender, Brad Pitt and Cameron Diaz. Russell will play Tyr, the older brother of Thor and Asgard’s god of war. Unlike Thor’s evil brother Loki, Tyr is a natural son of Odin. Russell recently joined Game Of Thrones’ third season as Ser Brynden the Blackfish, a warrior in the House Tully. He also appeared in the Sherlock Holmes franchise.
‘Thor: The Dark World’ Adds Pair To Cast
What's Hot on Deadline
Trevor Noah On Trump Ignoring First 100 Days: If Voters Chose The Number They Preferred "You Wouldn’t Be In The White House”
'Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2' Review: Chris Pratt Leads Best Marvel Cast Ever To Save The Universe (And This Sequel)
'Bates Motel' Shuts Its Doors With Bloody Series Finale; Will Other Hitchcock Pics Find Their Way To TV?
'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Trailer: Julianne Moore, Channing Tatum & Jeff Bridges Join The Action For Round 2
Latest Film News
- Dustin Hoffman Grills Noah Baumbach (And Gets Grilled Too): Tribeca Film Festival
- ‘Kingsman: The Golden Circle’ Trailer: Julianne Moore, Channing Tatum & Jeff Bridges Join The Action For…
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2’ Review: Chris Pratt Leads Best Marvel Cast Ever To Save The Universe (And…
- Madonna Biopic ‘Blonde Ambition’ Lands At Universal
- Gilles Marini Enlists In WWII Pic ‘Burning At Both Ends’; Margot Bingham Joins ‘Departures’
- WGA Members Approve Strike Authorization In Historic Turnout