Marvel’s Thor: The Dark World just grew by two more demigods. Richard Brake and Clive Russell have been cast in the Alan Taylor–directed film, which is due out November 8, 2013. Brake will play a captain in the elite Einherjar, a warrior team that in the mythology fought alongside Thor on numerous occasions. Blake’s credits include playing Joe Chill, the murderer of Bruce Wayne’s parents, in Christopher Nolan’s 2005 film Batman Begins. Repped by Abrams Artists and Main Title Entertainment, Brake is currently filming The Counselor, which stars Michael Fassbender, Brad Pitt and Cameron Diaz. Russell will play Tyr, the older brother of Thor and Asgard’s god of war. Unlike Thor’s evil brother Loki, Tyr is a natural son of Odin. Russell recently joined Game Of Thrones’ third season as Ser Brynden the Blackfish, a warrior in the House Tully. He also appeared in the Sherlock Holmes franchise.
‘Thor: The Dark World’ Adds Pair To Cast
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev 'Mortal Engines'; Directing Debut For 'Hobbit' VFX Protege Christian Rivers
Latest Film News
- Jack O’Connell Cast As Alexander McQueen In Pathé’s Untitled Biopic
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Cuffs $31.5M But ‘Mechanic’ Throws Wrench Into China – Intl Box Office
- Aardman, Studiocanal Reunite Flock For ‘Shaun The Sheep Movie 2’ – AFM
- ‘American Pastoral’ Review: Ewan McGregor’s Directorial Debut Deserves A Better Reception
- Warner Bros Sues Innovative Artists For Oscar Screener Piracy Of ‘Creed’ + More
- EuropaCorp Boards English-Language Remake of Japanese Thriller 'Shield of Straw'