Marvel’s Thor: The Dark World just grew by two more demigods. Richard Brake and Clive Russell have been cast in the Alan Taylor–directed film, which is due out November 8, 2013. Brake will play a captain in the elite Einherjar, a warrior team that in the mythology fought alongside Thor on numerous occasions. Blake’s credits include playing Joe Chill, the murderer of Bruce Wayne’s parents, in Christopher Nolan’s 2005 film Batman Begins. Repped by Abrams Artists and Main Title Entertainment, Brake is currently filming The Counselor, which stars Michael Fassbender, Brad Pitt and Cameron Diaz. Russell will play Tyr, the older brother of Thor and Asgard’s god of war. Unlike Thor’s evil brother Loki, Tyr is a natural son of Odin. Russell recently joined Game Of Thrones’ third season as Ser Brynden the Blackfish, a warrior in the House Tully. He also appeared in the Sherlock Holmes franchise.
‘Thor: The Dark World’ Adds Pair To Cast
What's Hot on Deadline
Veteran ‘Criminal Minds’, Comedies 'Life In Pieces' & ‘Kevin Can Wait’ Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
'The Equalizer 2' Trailer: Denzel Washington Returns As Justice-Seeker In Antoine Fuqua Action Thriller
Cannes Adds Lars Von Trier, Whitney Houston Doc, Michael B. Jordan Sci-Fi, Terry Gilliam's 'Don Quixote', More
'Homeland': Claire Danes Confirms Series Will End With Season 8, New Pregnancy Not Expected To Impact Production
Latest Film News
- Cannes Adds Special Screening, Cornerstone Boards ‘Judy And Punch’, Salon Spy Doc, ‘Goes To…’ Lineup…
- ‘Untogether’ Tribeca Clip: Is Jamie Dornan A Horrible Person?
- Courtney Braun Named Head Legal Affairs Exec At Endeavor
- Brad William Henke, Karl Glusman Cast In Babak Anvari's Untitled Drama For Annapurna
- Toronto Film Festival Ups Cameron Bailey To Co-Head
- Shares In MoviePass Parent Company Plunge 40% After New Stock Issue