Marvel’s Thor: The Dark World just grew by two more demigods. Richard Brake and Clive Russell have been cast in the Alan Taylor–directed film, which is due out November 8, 2013. Brake will play a captain in the elite Einherjar, a warrior team that in the mythology fought alongside Thor on numerous occasions. Blake’s credits include playing Joe Chill, the murderer of Bruce Wayne’s parents, in Christopher Nolan’s 2005 film Batman Begins. Repped by Abrams Artists and Main Title Entertainment, Brake is currently filming The Counselor, which stars Michael Fassbender, Brad Pitt and Cameron Diaz. Russell will play Tyr, the older brother of Thor and Asgard’s god of war. Unlike Thor’s evil brother Loki, Tyr is a natural son of Odin. Russell recently joined Game Of Thrones’ third season as Ser Brynden the Blackfish, a warrior in the House Tully. He also appeared in the Sherlock Holmes franchise.
‘Thor: The Dark World’ Adds Pair To Cast
What's Hot on Deadline
TV Review: Fox's 'A Christmas Story Live!' Brings Oscar & Tony Winners Benj Pasek And Justin Paul To TV Audience
John Skipper Resigns As ESPN President; Admits Substance Abuse Problem; George Bodenheimer New Acting Chairman
Latest Film News
- Oscar-Shortlisted Director Jeff Orlowski On ‘Chasing Coral’ & Threat Posed By Coral Reef Destruction
- Casting Society Issues Open Call To Performers With Disabilities
- The Bart & Fleming Podcast: Codes Of Conduct
- MoMA’s 17th Doc Fortnight Sets Opening And Closing, Jonathan Demme Tribute
- ‘Dear White People’ Star Logan Browning Joins Allison Williams In 'The Perfection'
- ‘The Florida Project’ Cinematographer Alexis Zabe On Gorgeously-Realized ‘Little Rascals’ For The…