Marvel’s Thor: The Dark World just grew by two more demigods. Richard Brake and Clive Russell have been cast in the Alan Taylor–directed film, which is due out November 8, 2013. Brake will play a captain in the elite Einherjar, a warrior team that in the mythology fought alongside Thor on numerous occasions. Blake’s credits include playing Joe Chill, the murderer of Bruce Wayne’s parents, in Christopher Nolan’s 2005 film Batman Begins. Repped by Abrams Artists and Main Title Entertainment, Brake is currently filming The Counselor, which stars Michael Fassbender, Brad Pitt and Cameron Diaz. Russell will play Tyr, the older brother of Thor and Asgard’s god of war. Unlike Thor’s evil brother Loki, Tyr is a natural son of Odin. Russell recently joined Game Of Thrones’ third season as Ser Brynden the Blackfish, a warrior in the House Tully. He also appeared in the Sherlock Holmes franchise.
‘Thor: The Dark World’ Adds Pair To Cast
What's Hot on Deadline
Sarah Silverman Calls Fellow Bernie Sanders Supporters "Ridiculous"; Al Franken Rips Donald Trump At DNC - Update
DNC Gavels In As Talk Swirls Of Bernie Sanders' Name Being Put In Nomination; Ohio Rep. Made Convention Chair
'Star Trek Beyond' $30M Debut; 'Lights Out' $8.5M; Jackie Chan's 'Skiptrace' Nails $64M Bow - Int'l Box Office Final
Latest Film News
- Panama Papers Movie Set At Netflix; John Wells Teams With Journos Who Broke Story
- Festival Fever Begins: Will ‘Magnificent Seven’ Saddle Up As Toronto Opener?
- ‘Indignation’ Review: Ex-Focus Boss James Schamus’ Directorial Debut Is Exceptional
- Disney Unveils ‘Moana’ Details After Tease At Comic-Con
- Hollywood Has Collected More Than $860M In Foreign Levies
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Launches To $59M; ‘Lights Out’ Electrifies; ‘Ice Age’ Tepid; ‘Ghostbusters’ No Cinderella Story – Box…