Marvel’s Thor: The Dark World just grew by two more demigods. Richard Brake and Clive Russell have been cast in the Alan Taylor–directed film, which is due out November 8, 2013. Brake will play a captain in the elite Einherjar, a warrior team that in the mythology fought alongside Thor on numerous occasions. Blake’s credits include playing Joe Chill, the murderer of Bruce Wayne’s parents, in Christopher Nolan’s 2005 film Batman Begins. Repped by Abrams Artists and Main Title Entertainment, Brake is currently filming The Counselor, which stars Michael Fassbender, Brad Pitt and Cameron Diaz. Russell will play Tyr, the older brother of Thor and Asgard’s god of war. Unlike Thor’s evil brother Loki, Tyr is a natural son of Odin. Russell recently joined Game Of Thrones’ third season as Ser Brynden the Blackfish, a warrior in the House Tully. He also appeared in the Sherlock Holmes franchise.
‘Thor: The Dark World’ Adds Pair To Cast
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Sean Spicer Insists Donald Trump Plugged Judge Jeanine's Show Only Because He Is Fan, "Plain And Simple"
Latest Film News
- Amber Heard Attached To Star In ‘The Kind Worth Killing’
- No. 9 ‘Fantastic Beasts’ Box Office Profits – 2016 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament
- No. 10 ‘Suicide Squad’ Box Office Profits – 2016 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament
- Lionsgate Teams With Roadside For Jake Gyllenhaal Boston Marathon Bombing Drama ‘Stronger’; September Bow Planned
- WGA Members Still Paying For Last Strike
- More Films Are Now Released Than Rated: Just A Blip, Or Digital Disruption?