Marvel’s Thor: The Dark World just grew by two more demigods. Richard Brake and Clive Russell have been cast in the Alan Taylor–directed film, which is due out November 8, 2013. Brake will play a captain in the elite Einherjar, a warrior team that in the mythology fought alongside Thor on numerous occasions. Blake’s credits include playing Joe Chill, the murderer of Bruce Wayne’s parents, in Christopher Nolan’s 2005 film Batman Begins. Repped by Abrams Artists and Main Title Entertainment, Brake is currently filming The Counselor, which stars Michael Fassbender, Brad Pitt and Cameron Diaz. Russell will play Tyr, the older brother of Thor and Asgard’s god of war. Unlike Thor’s evil brother Loki, Tyr is a natural son of Odin. Russell recently joined Game Of Thrones’ third season as Ser Brynden the Blackfish, a warrior in the House Tully. He also appeared in the Sherlock Holmes franchise.
‘Thor: The Dark World’ Adds Pair To Cast
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
Caitlyn Jenner Slams Donald Trump Over Transgender Military Ban; Hollywood Reacts To POTUS Tweets - Update
'Feud' Lawsuit Feud Escalates As Fox Refutes Olivia de Havilland's Legal Move Against Ryan Murphy & FX - Update
Latest Film News
- Vladar Company & Generation Iron Fitness Network Pump Bodybuilding Doc ‘Ronnie Coleman The King’
- ‘Ask For Jane’: Competing Underground Abortion Project Underway
- Sony Pictures Classics Will Win Annette Bening-Starrer ‘Film Stars Don’t Die In Liverpool’
- Who’s On The James Bond Director Short List?
- ‘The Star’ Trailer: Animals Save The First Christmas In The Greatest Story Never Told
- Verve Launches Communications Arm, Hires Sarah Shulman To Run It