Audrey Tautou stars in French director Claude Miller’s Therese Desqueyroux, which was the closing-night film this year at Cannes and was Miller final film before he died. MPI Pictures has acquired all U.S. rights here at the Toronto Film Festival and plans a theatrical release in major markets in Spring 2013, followed by VOD and DVD releases. Based on the novel by Francois Mauriac, the redo of the original 1962 Georges Franju pic is a drama that centers on a woman who resorts to extreme measures to escape her suffocating marriage.
Toronto: Final Claude Miller Pic 'Therese Desqueyroux' Acquired By MPI
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest Film News
- ‘Taskmaster’ Bumper Order; Pro7 CEO; London LGBTQ+ Film Festival – Global Briefs
- ‘The Domestics’ Special Effects Coordinator Says He Shares Blame in “Wigging” Incident
- Meryl Streep Rips “Pathetic” Harvey Weinstein For Using Her Name In Lawsuit
- Guillermo Del Toro Denies ‘Shape Of Water’ Was Influenced By 1969 Play: “I Never Saw It”
- Director Roland Joffé Inks With Gersh
- ‘Annihilation’ Review: Natalie Portman Ramps Up The Action In Alex Garland’s Smart, Scary Journey Into…