Audrey Tautou stars in French director Claude Miller’s Therese Desqueyroux, which was the closing-night film this year at Cannes and was Miller final film before he died. MPI Pictures has acquired all U.S. rights here at the Toronto Film Festival and plans a theatrical release in major markets in Spring 2013, followed by VOD and DVD releases. Based on the novel by Francois Mauriac, the redo of the original 1962 Georges Franju pic is a drama that centers on a woman who resorts to extreme measures to escape her suffocating marriage.
Toronto: Final Claude Miller Pic 'Therese Desqueyroux' Acquired By MPI
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest Film News
- Robert E. Howard’s Conan The Barbarian, Kull And Other Creations Acquired By Fredrik Malmberg
- SXSW Comedy ‘Addicted To Fresno’ Lands At Gravitas Ventures
- Is Bollywood’s Eros International Preparing A Dealmaking Campaign?
- Joe Wright In Talks To Board ‘The Lifeboat’ With Anne Hathaway, Working Title & Focus Features
- Imax Shares Leap As It Announces Hong Kong IPO Plan
- Paramount, Mary Parent To Turn ‘Beyblade’ Into Live Action Feature