Audrey Tautou stars in French director Claude Miller’s Therese Desqueyroux, which was the closing-night film this year at Cannes and was Miller final film before he died. MPI Pictures has acquired all U.S. rights here at the Toronto Film Festival and plans a theatrical release in major markets in Spring 2013, followed by VOD and DVD releases. Based on the novel by Francois Mauriac, the redo of the original 1962 Georges Franju pic is a drama that centers on a woman who resorts to extreme measures to escape her suffocating marriage.
Toronto: Final Claude Miller Pic 'Therese Desqueyroux' Acquired By MPI
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Fleming Jr
- Bart & Fleming: Are Studios Driving The Lazy Road Paved By Detroit Automakers?
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt Circling Edward Snowden Role In Oliver Stone Film
- TIFF 2014: How Chris Rock, New Distribution Blood Fueled Film Deals
- Matt Damon, Zhang Yimou Want To Scale 'The Great Wall' In China
- Roberto Orci's 'Star Trek 3′ Commitment Knocks Him Out Of 'Power Rangers' Pic
- Aussie Thriller 'Kill Me Three Times' Sells To Magnolia: TIFF