EXCLUSIVE: Wes Bentley has been cast the first teacher of the future 16th U.S. president in The Green Blade Rises, the Terrence Malick-produced film that chronicles Abraham Lincoln’s youth and those who influenced him growing up. Brit Marling will play Lincoln’s mother Nancy, who died when Lincoln was 9. The duo join a cast that already includes Jason Clarke, who plays Lincoln’s father, and Diane Kruger, who plays his stepmother Sarah. Green Blade Rises is produced by Malick with Nicolas Gonda and Charley Beil. It marks the directing debut of A.J. Edwards, who also wrote the script. He has worked with Malick as an editor on three of Malick’s films including To The Wonder, The Tree Of Life and The New World. Bentley, who appeared in The Hunger Games, is repped by WME and Untitled Entertainment; Marling, whose recent credits include Another Earth, is repped by CAA and Alan Siegel Entertainment.
Terrence Malick-Produced Lincoln Film Adds Wes Bentley & Brit Marling
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Patten
- Sony Hack: 'Interview' Social Media Pulled; Billboards Coming Down In LA
- 'Amazing Race' Ratings Fall In Finale, 'Caught On Camera' Debuts OK As NBC Wins Night
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- North Korean Link To Sony Hack Shifts Legal Landscape For Studio
- North Korea “Responsible” For Sony Hack, FBI Confirms
- WME Owned IMG Hit With Latest Intern Class Action Lawsuit