EXCLUSIVE: Wes Bentley has been cast the first teacher of the future 16th U.S. president in The Green Blade Rises, the Terrence Malick-produced film that chronicles Abraham Lincoln’s youth and those who influenced him growing up. Brit Marling will play Lincoln’s mother Nancy, who died when Lincoln was 9. The duo join a cast that already includes Jason Clarke, who plays Lincoln’s father, and Diane Kruger, who plays his stepmother Sarah. Green Blade Rises is produced by Malick with Nicolas Gonda and Charley Beil. It marks the directing debut of A.J. Edwards, who also wrote the script. He has worked with Malick as an editor on three of Malick’s films including To The Wonder, The Tree Of Life and The New World. Bentley, who appeared in The Hunger Games, is repped by WME and Untitled Entertainment; Marling, whose recent credits include Another Earth, is repped by CAA and Alan Siegel Entertainment.
Terrence Malick-Produced Lincoln Film Adds Wes Bentley & Brit Marling
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest Film News
- Karen Elliott Named VP Music Production At Warner Bros Pictures
- ‘Radioactive’: Sam Riley & More Board Marie Curie Biopic Led By Rosamund Pike
- ‘Taskmaster’ Bumper Order; Pro7 CEO; London LGBTQ+ Film Festival – Global Briefs
- ‘The Domestics’ Special Effects Coordinator Says He Shares Blame in “Wigging” Incident
- Meryl Streep Rips “Pathetic” Harvey Weinstein For Using Her Name In Lawsuit
- Guillermo Del Toro Denies ‘Shape Of Water’ Was Influenced By 1969 Play: “I Never Saw It”