EXCLUSIVE: Wes Bentley has been cast the first teacher of the future 16th U.S. president in The Green Blade Rises, the Terrence Malick-produced film that chronicles Abraham Lincoln’s youth and those who influenced him growing up. Brit Marling will play Lincoln’s mother Nancy, who died when Lincoln was 9. The duo join a cast that already includes Jason Clarke, who plays Lincoln’s father, and Diane Kruger, who plays his stepmother Sarah. Green Blade Rises is produced by Malick with Nicolas Gonda and Charley Beil. It marks the directing debut of A.J. Edwards, who also wrote the script. He has worked with Malick as an editor on three of Malick’s films including To The Wonder, The Tree Of Life and The New World. Bentley, who appeared in The Hunger Games, is repped by WME and Untitled Entertainment; Marling, whose recent credits include Another Earth, is repped by CAA and Alan Siegel Entertainment.
Terrence Malick-Produced Lincoln Film Adds Wes Bentley & Brit Marling
What's Hot on Deadline
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Director Terry Gilliam Says #MeToo "Got Silly", "Monster" Harvey Weinstein "Opened The Door" For Some
Latest Film News
- ‘First Match’ And ‘TransMilitary’ Are Among SXSW Audience Award Winners
- Shia LaBeouf, Lucas Hedges To Star In ‘Honey Boy’
- ‘Augie’ Review: Fitness Giant’s ALS Struggle Makes For Moving Love Story
- ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ First Look Trailer Showcases Melissa McCarthy As Literary Forger Lee Israel
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- Female Director Scorecard: MGM’s ‘Taking Flight,’ Others In Wings