EXCLUSIVE: Wes Bentley has been cast the first teacher of the future 16th U.S. president in The Green Blade Rises, the Terrence Malick-produced film that chronicles Abraham Lincoln’s youth and those who influenced him growing up. Brit Marling will play Lincoln’s mother Nancy, who died when Lincoln was 9. The duo join a cast that already includes Jason Clarke, who plays Lincoln’s father, and Diane Kruger, who plays his stepmother Sarah. Green Blade Rises is produced by Malick with Nicolas Gonda and Charley Beil. It marks the directing debut of A.J. Edwards, who also wrote the script. He has worked with Malick as an editor on three of Malick’s films including To The Wonder, The Tree Of Life and The New World. Bentley, who appeared in The Hunger Games, is repped by WME and Untitled Entertainment; Marling, whose recent credits include Another Earth, is repped by CAA and Alan Siegel Entertainment.
Terrence Malick-Produced Lincoln Film Adds Wes Bentley & Brit Marling
What's Hot on Deadline
Trevor Noah Fracas "Much Ado About Nothing," Millennials Get Him, Says Aasif Mandvi, Quoting 451-Year-Old Playwright
Citing 'Greatest American Hero' Case, Judge Rules 'Three's Company' Parody Doesn't Violate Copyright: Media
Latest Film News
- Lionsgate Introduces Distribution Unit To Target Next-Gen Audiences
- Canyon Creek Films Acquires YA Horse Race Novel ‘The Glory’ By Lauren St John
- STX Entertainment Pacts With China’s Huayi Bros For 12-15 Pics Per Year
- Exit Hugh Jackman, Enter Josephine Baker: Cush Jumbo’s Changing Times
- ‘American Sniper’ Helmer Clint Eastwood Finds Jewell Project; Can Fox And Warner Bros Work It Out?
- Antonio Banderas In ‘The 33′ Trailer: “I Believe We’ll Make It Out Of Here!”