UPDATED: Seth MacFarlane’s R-rated comedy Ted starring Mark Wahlberg from Universal Pictures and Media Rights Capital will pass on Monday that other R-rated blockbuster The Hangover’s international lifetime total of $190+M. it now becomes the highest grossing original R-rated comedy of all time overseas. Filmmakers redubbed the pic not only by country but also by region which helped solve the problem that American comedy doesn’t always translate overseas. Combined with the domestic estimate, Ted has reached $400+M worldwide box office on Sunday. It has to amass another $60M to beat Warner Bros’ The Hangover worldwide but lso has 17 territories still to open overseas. Goes to show that raunchy teddy bears, just like raunchy bachelor parties, are universally funny. ures and Media Rights Capital’s TED passed the $400 million marker worldwide today. In North America, Ted ranks as the 2nd highest R-rated original comedy behind the The Hangover.
'Ted' To Pass 'The Hangover' Gross Abroad
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Trump-Linked Cambridge Analytica Stole Data From 50M Facebook Users And "Targeted Their Inner Demons:" Reports
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Black Panther’ Poised For $460M+ Profit; Faith-Based ‘I Can Only Imagine’ Surprises With $15M+
- ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating ‘Black Panther…
- Screen Gems Adds John Cho-Debra Messing Thriller ‘Searching’ To August Schedule
- Dwayne Johnson Announces Release Date For Rawson Marshall Thurber Reteam ‘Red Notice’
- Peter Bart: ‘Black Panther’s Triumph Sends Studios Scurrying To Find The Next Magic Formula
- Charlize Theron Comedy ‘Tully’ Moves To First Weekend Of May