UPDATED: Seth MacFarlane’s R-rated comedy Ted starring Mark Wahlberg from Universal Pictures and Media Rights Capital will pass on Monday that other R-rated blockbuster The Hangover’s international lifetime total of $190+M. it now becomes the highest grossing original R-rated comedy of all time overseas. Filmmakers redubbed the pic not only by country but also by region which helped solve the problem that American comedy doesn’t always translate overseas. Combined with the domestic estimate, Ted has reached $400+M worldwide box office on Sunday. It has to amass another $60M to beat Warner Bros’ The Hangover worldwide but lso has 17 territories still to open overseas. Goes to show that raunchy teddy bears, just like raunchy bachelor parties, are universally funny. ures and Media Rights Capital’s TED passed the $400 million marker worldwide today. In North America, Ted ranks as the 2nd highest R-rated original comedy behind the The Hangover.
'Ted' To Pass 'The Hangover' Gross Abroad
What's Hot on Deadline
DGA Awards: Alejandro G. Iñárritu Wins Feature Film Award For 'The Revenant'; HBO Cleans Up With Wins For 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep' & 'Bessie' - Full List
'Kung Fu Panda 3' Does Touchdown Dance With $21M As Super Bowl Weekend Slaughters 'Zombies', 'Choice': Sunday B.O.
DGA Awards: Inarritu's Big Win Gives Momentum To 'Revenant' But Keeps Best Picture Race In The Undecided Column
'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Reaches Unprecedented Height At Domestic B.O. With $900M, $2B Worldwide
'Revenant', 'Martian' Land New Global Milestones; 'Kung Fu Panda 3' Tops $100M In China - Intl Box Office
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Revenant’, ‘Martian’ Land New Global Milestones; ‘Kung Fu Panda 3’ Tops $100M In China – Intl…
- Newcomers ‘Regression’, ‘Southbound’ Open Slow Against Oscar Contenders – Specialty Box Office
- ‘Kung Fu Panda 3’ Does Touchdown Dance With $21M As Super Bowl Weekend Slaughters ‘Zombies’, ‘Choice’…
- Pics With Jason Sudeikis & Rebecca Hall, Ethan Hawke & Emma Watson Battle Horror Fare – Specialty Preview
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Reaches Unprecedented Height At Domestic B.O. With $900M, $2B Worldwide
- Box Office Plays Defense Against Super Bowl With Younger-Skewing Fare: Preview