We’re getting more details on who will be stepping in as Good Morning America guest hosts while Robin Roberts is on medical leave. Stephen Colbert, the cast of Modern Family and Rob Lowe will be coming up soon, the Associated Press reports. The show’s senior executive producer Tom Cibrowski says a different cast member of Modern Family will be featured each day for a week as the new television season begins. As GMA did with Jessica Simpson last week, celebrities will be featured during the second hour alongside show regulars George Stephanopoulos, Josh Elliott, Lara Spencer and Amy Robach. “It shows them in a different light for a little bit and you get to see them do something different,” Cibrowski said. “It might be a little funny if they have to read the prompter and there’s some slip-up. It’s all spontaneous.” Roberts went on medical leave on August 30 for treatment of MDS, a blood and bone marrow disease. She’s due to undergo a bone marrow transplant this week.
Stephen Colbert, 'Modern Family' Cast To Guest Host On 'Good Morning America'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $242M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
'Marvel's Moon Girl And Devil Dinosaur' Animated Series Produced By Laurence Fishburne In Works At Disney Channels
Latest TV News
- Jimmy Kimmel Explains His Caught-On-Camera Reaction To Fergie’s Sultry Singing Of National Anthem
- Stephen Colbert: Houseplant Makes Better Senator Than Marco Rubio After Florida School Shooting
- ‘Staties’: Annie Ilonzeh Cast As Lead Of ABC Drama Pilot
- Tavis Smiley Files Racially Charged Lawsuit Against PBS Over His Firing After Sexual Misconduct Investigation
- Weinstein Co. Bidders Eyeing Sit-Down With New York AG As Lawsuit Stalls Sale
- School Shooting Survivors Tell Jordan Klepper It’s Time To End The “Magic” Of Politician-Purchasing NRA