We’re getting more details on who will be stepping in as Good Morning America guest hosts while Robin Roberts is on medical leave. Stephen Colbert, the cast of Modern Family and Rob Lowe will be coming up soon, the Associated Press reports. The show’s senior executive producer Tom Cibrowski says a different cast member of Modern Family will be featured each day for a week as the new television season begins. As GMA did with Jessica Simpson last week, celebrities will be featured during the second hour alongside show regulars George Stephanopoulos, Josh Elliott, Lara Spencer and Amy Robach. “It shows them in a different light for a little bit and you get to see them do something different,” Cibrowski said. “It might be a little funny if they have to read the prompter and there’s some slip-up. It’s all spontaneous.” Roberts went on medical leave on August 30 for treatment of MDS, a blood and bone marrow disease. She’s due to undergo a bone marrow transplant this week.
Stephen Colbert, 'Modern Family' Cast To Guest Host On 'Good Morning America'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Running Out Of Gas With $15.6M Opening Day; CinemaScore Dips To B+ - Update
Latest TV News
- Newcomer Katherine Langford On ’13 Reasons Why’: “It Was The Best First Show I Could Have Ever Done”
- ‘A World In Disarray’: Vice Examines American Foreign Policy In Special Report On HBO
- 'Trumped: The Musical'? Ron Howard Hopes Somebody Does It – Cannes Lions
- Dennis Rodman Takes Credit For North Korea’s Release Of Otto Warmbier On ‘GMA’
- Jimmy Kimmel On Senate Trumpcare Plan: “And These Guys Wonder Why We Hate Them”
- Donald Trump Insists To ‘Fox & Friends’ That His Tape Bluff “Wasn’t Very Stupid”