If the National Hockey League and its players union fail to reach a new labor agreement and avoid a lockout, NBC could be scrambling for a replacement for one of the linchpins of NBC Sports programming. NBC signed a $2 billion, 10-year contract with the NHL last year. Any delay in the upcoming season would stall any momentum the network established with the London Olympics. Talks between the NHL and players union broke down last week over economic issues such as revenue sharing. Team owners owners have threatened to lock out players if they don’t have a deal by September 15. As of this afternoon, Reuters reported that talks between the two sides had not resumed. Comcast was counting on hockey to strengthen its NBC Sports Network. A lockout would result in major holes to fill in the fledgling network’s prime-time lineup.
Specter Of NHL Lockout Or Delay Looms For NBC Sports: Reuters
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert Feels "Blessed" By Donald Trump's Pick Of Potty-Mouth Scaramucci As Communications Chief
'Devil's Bargain': Blumhouse TV Acquires Book About Steve Bannon & Donald Trump For Limited Series Adaptation
Mario Cantone Debuts As Potty-Mouth White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci On 'The President Show'
Latest TV News
- ‘Mozart In The Jungle’: Michael Emerson Set To Recur In Season 4
- Rob Lowe Talks Hollow Moon, Ghost Sensing Gadgets, ‘The Lowe Files’ – TCA
- ‘Phelps Vs Shark’ Breaks Shark Week Ratings Record For Discovery
- HBO’s ‘All Def Comedy’ To Return As Series In December
- Anthony Scaramucci’s Politicon Participation Now Not Even Remotely Likely
- Lifetime Greenlights Simone Biles Biopic, Sets Fall Movie Premiere Dates – TCA