The companies’ newly launched Sierra/Engine Television creates a new distribution and production venture for the global TV marketplace. The entity will debut at MIPCOM this year and combine Sierra/Affinity‘s international film sales and distribution expertise with Engine Entertainment‘s strength as a distributor of TV programming for global audiences. It will be run by Engine CEO Chris Philip. It’s the latest move into the TV business for Sierra/Affinity, which earlier this month pacted with Georgeville Television to distribute overseas Georgeville’s Crossbones, a 10-episode order for NBC from Luther creator Neil Cross and producers Walter Parkes and Laurie MacDonald; Hunters (aka Epidemic), a 13-episode order for ABC from J. Michael Straczynski and Will Smith’s Overbrook Entertainment. The new Sierra/Engine will offer the titles to MIPCOM next month.
Sierra/Affinity Furthers Move Into TV Biz With Engine Entertainment Venture
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Team
- Judd Apatow On 'The Interview' Being Pulled: “Disgraceful”
- David Muir Asks Obama If He Will Visit Cuba In ABC News Exclusive - Video
- Legendary Options Andrew Pyper's 'The Damned'
- Channing Tatum, Craig Zadan & Neil Meron Launch 'Team Oscar'
- Bryan Singer Sex Abuse Accuser Indicted For Fraud
- FilmBuff To Bow Matthew Gray Gubler & Kat Dennings Starrer 'Suburban Gothic'