The companies’ newly launched Sierra/Engine Television creates a new distribution and production venture for the global TV marketplace. The entity will debut at MIPCOM this year and combine Sierra/Affinity‘s international film sales and distribution expertise with Engine Entertainment‘s strength as a distributor of TV programming for global audiences. It will be run by Engine CEO Chris Philip. It’s the latest move into the TV business for Sierra/Affinity, which earlier this month pacted with Georgeville Television to distribute overseas Georgeville’s Crossbones, a 10-episode order for NBC from Luther creator Neil Cross and producers Walter Parkes and Laurie MacDonald; Hunters (aka Epidemic), a 13-episode order for ABC from J. Michael Straczynski and Will Smith’s Overbrook Entertainment. The new Sierra/Engine will offer the titles to MIPCOM next month.
Sierra/Affinity Furthers Move Into TV Biz With Engine Entertainment Venture
What's Hot on Deadline
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Comcast Agrees To Add YouTube App To Xfinity Platform
- Viola Davis & Mahershala Ali’s Oscar Wins Prove Successful Film & TV Careers Can Co-Exist
- Oscars: Donald Trump Dominates Until Best Picture Snafu Steals Spotlight
- Oscars TV Review: Stellar Show Spoiled By Best Picture Fiasco
- Kimmel Tweets To Donald Trump During Oscars
- Jimmy Kimmel Taunts Donald Trump In Political Oscars Opening Monologue – Watch