The companies’ newly launched Sierra/Engine Television creates a new distribution and production venture for the global TV marketplace. The entity will debut at MIPCOM this year and combine Sierra/Affinity‘s international film sales and distribution expertise with Engine Entertainment‘s strength as a distributor of TV programming for global audiences. It will be run by Engine CEO Chris Philip. It’s the latest move into the TV business for Sierra/Affinity, which earlier this month pacted with Georgeville Television to distribute overseas Georgeville’s Crossbones, a 10-episode order for NBC from Luther creator Neil Cross and producers Walter Parkes and Laurie MacDonald; Hunters (aka Epidemic), a 13-episode order for ABC from J. Michael Straczynski and Will Smith’s Overbrook Entertainment. The new Sierra/Engine will offer the titles to MIPCOM next month.
Sierra/Affinity Furthers Move Into TV Biz With Engine Entertainment Venture
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Dodgers Clinch World Series Berth; Can Yankees Complete Major TV Market Sweep?
- Fox Buys Native American Family Comedy From Lucas Brown Eyes & ‘It’s KatzSmith
- Sean Penn Calls Netflix’s ‘El Chapo’ Docu “Cheap” & “Reckless”; It’s Still…
- CBS Developing ‘Whistleblower’ Drama From Chris Silber & Jerry Bruckheimer TV
- ‘The Loud House' Creator Chris Savino Fired By Nickelodeon Following Sexual Harassment Allegations
- NBC Buys ‘Close To Heaven’ Church Comedy From Brad Copeland & Aaron Kaplan With Put Pilot Commitment