The It Gets Better Project, which was honored by The Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Board of Governors with its Governors Award on Saturday, will return to MTV and Logo with a new, 60-minute It Gets Better special October 9 at 11 PM — two days ahead of National Coming Out Day. Columnist Dan Savage, co-creator of the It Gets Better Project, will once again anchor the special, which will share stories and experiences of young people who are growing up LGBT. The first special, which premiered on MTV and Logo on February 21, received an Emmy nomination for Outstanding Children’s Nonfiction, Reality or Reality-Competition Program. The two networks commissioned a second special in June.
Second 'It Gets Better' Special To Air In October On MTV & Logo
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Andreeva
- Sam Richardson Upped To Regular On 'Veep'
- Nathan Parsons To Topline Amazon Pilot 'Point Of Honor', Luke Benward To Co-Star
- Rob Golenberg and Alon Aranya's Scripted World Inks First-Look Deal With Fox 21
- ABC Developing True Crime Procedural Set Throughout Los Angeles History
- Fox Nabs DC Entertainment 'Lucifer' Drama From Tom Kapinos As Put Pilot
- NBC Adapting Movie 'Problem Child' As Comedy Written By Scot Armstrong