The trio and longtime supporters of President Obama would appear Thursday, the same night Obama and Joe Biden will accept the nomination of their party during the final night of the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, NC. CNN reports that the actresses are listed on a tentative schedule and would follow a previously announced performance by Foo Fighters at the Time Warner Arena, and the trio might appear together. Time Warner Arena is the indoor venue in Charlotte; today, convention organizers said an original plan to host Thursday’s convention programming at the outdoor Bank of America Stadium has been scrapped due to the threat of severe weather. If Johansson, Portman and Washington do hit the stage, they will follow fellow Hollywood actors Clint Eastwood and his now-famous empty chair from last week’s GOP convention in Tampa as well as last night’s DNC Day 1 speech by Kal Penn, the Harold & Kumar star who also had a stint in Obama’s Office Of Public Engagment as an associate director.
Scarlett Johansson, Natalie Portman & Kerry Washington On DNC Schedule: CNN
What's Hot on Deadline
Maria Contreras-Sweet-Led Group In Exclusive Negotiations To Acquire Assets Of The Weinstein Company
Latest Film News
- ‘Padmaavat’ Stokes More Violence In India; Laura Linney To Make West End Debut – Global Briefs
- Magnolia Moving Towards Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sundance Docu ‘RBG?’
- Hilary Swank On Family Dysfunction In ‘What They Had' – Sundance Studio
- Netflix Circling ‘Cloverfield’ Sequel ‘God Particle’?
- 'Search' Wins Alfred P. Sloan Foundation Film Prize – Sundance
- ‘Westworld’s Angela Sarafyan Set For Ted Bundy Pic ‘Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil, And Vile’