The trio and longtime supporters of President Obama would appear Thursday, the same night Obama and Joe Biden will accept the nomination of their party during the final night of the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, NC. CNN reports that the actresses are listed on a tentative schedule and would follow a previously announced performance by Foo Fighters at the Time Warner Arena, and the trio might appear together. Time Warner Arena is the indoor venue in Charlotte; today, convention organizers said an original plan to host Thursday’s convention programming at the outdoor Bank of America Stadium has been scrapped due to the threat of severe weather. If Johansson, Portman and Washington do hit the stage, they will follow fellow Hollywood actors Clint Eastwood and his now-famous empty chair from last week’s GOP convention in Tampa as well as last night’s DNC Day 1 speech by Kal Penn, the Harold & Kumar star who also had a stint in Obama’s Office Of Public Engagment as an associate director.
Scarlett Johansson, Natalie Portman & Kerry Washington On DNC Schedule: CNN
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Director Terry Gilliam Says #MeToo "Got Silly", "Monster" Harvey Weinstein "Opened The Door" For Some
Latest Film News
- ‘The Shape Of Water’ Has Fairy Tale $10M+ China Opening; Crosses $100M Overseas
- Paramount’s ‘Dora The Explorer’ Movie Set For Australia Shoot After Tax Break Concession
- ‘First Match’ And ‘TransMilitary’ Are Among SXSW Audience Award Winners
- Shia LaBeouf, Lucas Hedges To Star In ‘Honey Boy’
- ‘Augie’ Review: Fitness Giant’s ALS Struggle Makes For Moving Love Story
- ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ First Look Trailer Showcases Melissa McCarthy As Literary Forger Lee Israel