UPDATE: Lorne Michaels is finding new blood for Saturday Night Live after the departures of Kristen Wiig, Andy Samberg, and Abby Elliott and the expected exit of Jason Sudeikis. Deadline has confirmed what the very reliable Comic’s Comic blog following the standup scene first reported: that SNL will bring Chicago sketch comedians Aidy Bryant and Tim Robinson on board when the show launches production Monday for the first week of Season 38. Many previous SNL alums come from the Windy City comedy scene where Bryant and Robinson are veterans, including Second City, iO, the Annoyance Theater and elsewhere around the city. Seth MacFarlane is hosting the season premiere on September 15 with musical guest Frank Ocean.
'SNL' Adding 2 Chicago Sketch Comedians
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Dice’: Trailer & Release Date For Showtime’s Andrew Dice Clay Comedy — Oh!
- ‘Chicago P.D.’ & ‘SVU’ Ratings Rise With Crossover; ‘Idol’ Dips Again, ‘Arrow…
- Fox And Dish Network Resolve Ad-Skip Dispute, Agreeing To 7-Day Delay
- ‘Flaked’ Trailer: Will Arnett Tries To Be A Better Person In Netflix Comedy – First Look
- Shawn Ashmore Joins ABC’s ‘Conviction’
- Scott Wilson Joins ‘The OA’ Drama Series On Netflix