UPDATE: Lorne Michaels is finding new blood for Saturday Night Live after the departures of Kristen Wiig, Andy Samberg, and Abby Elliott and the expected exit of Jason Sudeikis. Deadline has confirmed what the very reliable Comic’s Comic blog following the standup scene first reported: that SNL will bring Chicago sketch comedians Aidy Bryant and Tim Robinson on board when the show launches production Monday for the first week of Season 38. Many previous SNL alums come from the Windy City comedy scene where Bryant and Robinson are veterans, including Second City, iO, the Annoyance Theater and elsewhere around the city. Seth MacFarlane is hosting the season premiere on September 15 with musical guest Frank Ocean.
'SNL' Adding 2 Chicago Sketch Comedians
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Amazon Has No Regrets As ‘Man In The High Castle’ Ad Campaign Pulled From NYC Subway – Update
- ‘Grease Live’ First-Look Promo: Hand Jives & Fast Times At Rydell High
- College Sex Scandal Drama From Jessica Mecklenburg & Rod Lurie Lands At NBC
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?
- David Canary Dies: ‘All My Children’ Star Was 77
- ‘Superstore’ Review: America Ferrera NBC Comedy Proves Big Not Better