UPDATE: Lorne Michaels is finding new blood for Saturday Night Live after the departures of Kristen Wiig, Andy Samberg, and Abby Elliott and the expected exit of Jason Sudeikis. Deadline has confirmed what the very reliable Comic’s Comic blog following the standup scene first reported: that SNL will bring Chicago sketch comedians Aidy Bryant and Tim Robinson on board when the show launches production Monday for the first week of Season 38. Many previous SNL alums come from the Windy City comedy scene where Bryant and Robinson are veterans, including Second City, iO, the Annoyance Theater and elsewhere around the city. Seth MacFarlane is hosting the season premiere on September 15 with musical guest Frank Ocean.
'SNL' Adding 2 Chicago Sketch Comedians
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘American Horror Story’ At Paley Fest: Is Sarah Paulson’s Supreme ‘Coven’ Character Returning In Season…
- Sean Hannity Defends Himself After Ted Koppel Says “He's Bad For America” On 'CBS Sunday Morning'
- ‘Scandal’ Cast Tease 100th Episode & Characters’ Fates At Emotional Panel – PaleyFest
- CNN Hires “Silly, Craven” Conservatives, Podcaster Jon Lovett Says…On CNN
- The President Trumpets Jeanine Pirro: Is Paul Ryan Just Collateral Damage?
- ‘Westworld’ Team On The Series’ Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution…