UPDATE: Lorne Michaels is finding new blood for Saturday Night Live after the departures of Kristen Wiig, Andy Samberg, and Abby Elliott and the expected exit of Jason Sudeikis. Deadline has confirmed what the very reliable Comic’s Comic blog following the standup scene first reported: that SNL will bring Chicago sketch comedians Aidy Bryant and Tim Robinson on board when the show launches production Monday for the first week of Season 38. Many previous SNL alums come from the Windy City comedy scene where Bryant and Robinson are veterans, including Second City, iO, the Annoyance Theater and elsewhere around the city. Seth MacFarlane is hosting the season premiere on September 15 with musical guest Frank Ocean.
'SNL' Adding 2 Chicago Sketch Comedians
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Simon Cowell Makes U.S. TV Return As A Kinder, Gentler ‘America’s Got Talent’ Judge
- ‘Outcast’ Review: Robert Kirkman’s Cinemax Series Not For The Squeamish
- Verne Lundquist Leaving ‘SEC On CBS’ Booth After 2016; Brad Nessler Subbing In
- Universal TV President Bela Bajaria Out; Pearlena Igbokwe Eyed As Replacement
- Don Mischer Will Be Back As Producer Of Primetime Emmy Awards
- Viacom Watchers Wonder: Who’d Step In If Sumner Redstone Cleans House?