Never one for subtlety, Samuel L. Jackson is front and center in a pro-President Obama and anti-Mitt Romney spot that is a takeoff on Sam’s narration of the bedtime tale Go The F___ To Sleep, the one that became a big viral hit. According to the New York Post, the political spot was done in concert with a PAC called the Jewish Council for Research and Education, funded mostly by George Soros’ 25-year-old son Alexander. There are a lot of Hollywood heavyweights behind Obama, but I doubt anybody will make as much noise as Jackson does here, particularly if this spreads virally the way his last bedtime story did. Maybe Romney better get Clint Eastwood on the phone for a counter:
Samuel L. Jackson’s Wake-Up Call For Obama
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Sony Distribution Prez Tells Deadline: Exhibitors Not Sore Over 'The Interview'
- THR Calls George Clooney And Bryan Lourd Liars: Here's The Backstory On Sony Petition
- Sony Handling Of 'The Interview' Release Puts Big Exhibitors On Warpath; VOD Next Shoe To Drop?
- 'Inherent Vice's Katherine Waterston Lands Lead In Steve Jobs Film
- Star Trek 3's New Director Will Be 'Fast & Furious 6′ Helmer Justin Lin
- 'Today' Show Boots Amy Adams – Just Because She Didn't Want To Discuss Sony Hacking