Fans of the 1987 original are buzzing — not all of it good — after ComingSoon.net over the weekend posted the first shot of the new-look RoboCop from Jose Padilha’s update starring Joel Kinnaman, Gary Oldman, Michael Keaton, Samuel L. Jackson and Abbie Cornish. The outfit does kinda have a Tim Burton’s Batman feel to it — a far cry from Peter Weller’s metallic get-up in the original — but with a cast like the one Padilha’s assembled the movie can’t be all bad can it? MGM/Columbia Pictures’ remake will be released August 9, 2013.
First Photo: 'RoboCop' Re-Activated
Trending Now on Deadline
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
FINAL: 'Fury' Wins Box Office War With $23.7M; 'Book Of Life' At $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M+; 'Best Of Me' $10M - B.O. Final
Parents & Frequent Moviegoers Are Desensitized To Violence, Sex In Film; Likely So Is MPAA Ratings Board: Study
More From Team
- 'Gold Rush' 5th Season Debut Hits Ratings Motherlode For Discovery
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'
- Disney Animation Unveils 'Moana' From 'Little Mermaid' Filmmakers For November 2016
- 'Simpsons World' Debuts Tomorrow
- Disney's 'Cinderella' & 'The Jungle Book' Head To Turner Networks