Gail Steinberg, who was the co-creator and EP on Ricki Lake’s original talk show during the 1990s, is returning to become executive producer of the freshman talker The Ricki Lake Show, effective immediately. Lisa Kridos, who was EP, is exiting to become a programming and development producer for the show’s distributor Twentieth Television. Steinberg is currently EP of Divorce Court, daytime’s longest-running court show, and was a consultant and co-produced this year’s Ricki Lake pilot. “Gail will usher in a fresh perspective bringing in an added relevancy, fun and energy to each episode, while showcasing compelling viewpoints to the female focused topics that remain at the core of the new Ricki Lake Show,” Twentieth EVP Programming and Development Stephen Brown said. Ricki Lake has gotten off to a slow ratings start among the freshman pack of daytime talkers, owning partly to a Tribune-Cablevision carriage dispute that has affected 40% of New York households.
‘Ricki Lake Show’ Changes Exec Producers
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson Confirms Ashley Judd & Mira Sorvino Claims Harvey Weinstein Blacklisted Them From 'LOTR'
Latest TV News
- “Hello, Clarice” – Jodie Foster Visits Stephen Colbert For Special Probe Into Lecter Ties To Trump
- ‘Exorcist’ EPs Talk Tonight’s Finale, Possible Season 3 & Disney/Fox Deal
- ‘The Trade’: Morgan Spurlock Dropped As Executive Producer Of Showtime’s Sundance-Bound Docu Series
- Filming On TNT Unscripted Series ‘Who Rules The World’ Suspended As Producers Sever Ties With Morgan Spurlock
- Liz Mahoney, Megan Moss Pachon, Bryna Rifkin & Heidi Lopata Form New PR Shingle Narrative
- ‘Watergate’ Limited Series From George Clooney & Matt Charman In Works At Netflix