Gail Steinberg, who was the co-creator and EP on Ricki Lake’s original talk show during the 1990s, is returning to become executive producer of the freshman talker The Ricki Lake Show, effective immediately. Lisa Kridos, who was EP, is exiting to become a programming and development producer for the show’s distributor Twentieth Television. Steinberg is currently EP of Divorce Court, daytime’s longest-running court show, and was a consultant and co-produced this year’s Ricki Lake pilot. “Gail will usher in a fresh perspective bringing in an added relevancy, fun and energy to each episode, while showcasing compelling viewpoints to the female focused topics that remain at the core of the new Ricki Lake Show,” Twentieth EVP Programming and Development Stephen Brown said. Ricki Lake has gotten off to a slow ratings start among the freshman pack of daytime talkers, owning partly to a Tribune-Cablevision carriage dispute that has affected 40% of New York households.
‘Ricki Lake Show’ Changes Exec Producers
Trending Now on Deadline
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
More From Team
- UPDATE: Hollywood Reacts, R.I.P. Fashion Designer Oscar De La Renta
- Lucas Hedges & Penn Badgley Join 'The Slap' Miniseries On NBC; 'Full Circle' Sets Cast
- 'Gold Rush' 5th Season Debut Hits Ratings Motherlode For Discovery
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'
- Disney Animation Unveils 'Moana' From 'Little Mermaid' Filmmakers For November 2016