Gail Steinberg, who was the co-creator and EP on Ricki Lake’s original talk show during the 1990s, is returning to become executive producer of the freshman talker The Ricki Lake Show, effective immediately. Lisa Kridos, who was EP, is exiting to become a programming and development producer for the show’s distributor Twentieth Television. Steinberg is currently EP of Divorce Court, daytime’s longest-running court show, and was a consultant and co-produced this year’s Ricki Lake pilot. “Gail will usher in a fresh perspective bringing in an added relevancy, fun and energy to each episode, while showcasing compelling viewpoints to the female focused topics that remain at the core of the new Ricki Lake Show,” Twentieth EVP Programming and Development Stephen Brown said. Ricki Lake has gotten off to a slow ratings start among the freshman pack of daytime talkers, owning partly to a Tribune-Cablevision carriage dispute that has affected 40% of New York households.
‘Ricki Lake Show’ Changes Exec Producers
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Team
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Is “Resting Comfortably”, Says Daughter Melissa
- No Hollywood Credits For Obama IP Czar Nominee
- Hot Trailer: Jon Stewart's 'Rosewater'
- David Hyde Pierce Joins 'The Good Wife' In Recurring Role
- TNT's 'Proof', Netflix's 'Narcos' & Amazon Pilot 'Man In The High Castle' Add Cast
- Academy Unveils 2014 Governors Awards: Harry Belafonte, Jean-Claude Carrière, Hayao Miyazaki, Maureen O'Hara