Gail Steinberg, who was the co-creator and EP on Ricki Lake’s original talk show during the 1990s, is returning to become executive producer of the freshman talker The Ricki Lake Show, effective immediately. Lisa Kridos, who was EP, is exiting to become a programming and development producer for the show’s distributor Twentieth Television. Steinberg is currently EP of Divorce Court, daytime’s longest-running court show, and was a consultant and co-produced this year’s Ricki Lake pilot. “Gail will usher in a fresh perspective bringing in an added relevancy, fun and energy to each episode, while showcasing compelling viewpoints to the female focused topics that remain at the core of the new Ricki Lake Show,” Twentieth EVP Programming and Development Stephen Brown said. Ricki Lake has gotten off to a slow ratings start among the freshman pack of daytime talkers, owning partly to a Tribune-Cablevision carriage dispute that has affected 40% of New York households.
‘Ricki Lake Show’ Changes Exec Producers
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'The Blacklist' Season 2: Hot TV Trailer
- Academy Unveils Finalists For Nicholl Fellowships In Screenwriting
- Charles Manson Book 'The Family' To Become Movie With 'American Psycho' Screenwriter Penning It
- Alibaba's Big Day Shifts Focus To Yahoo
- Daniel Sauli Joins HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'; Daren Kagasoff in Fox's 'Red Band Society'
- Sam Elliott & Garret Dillahunt Join FX's 'Justified'