Gail Steinberg, who was the co-creator and EP on Ricki Lake’s original talk show during the 1990s, is returning to become executive producer of the freshman talker The Ricki Lake Show, effective immediately. Lisa Kridos, who was EP, is exiting to become a programming and development producer for the show’s distributor Twentieth Television. Steinberg is currently EP of Divorce Court, daytime’s longest-running court show, and was a consultant and co-produced this year’s Ricki Lake pilot. “Gail will usher in a fresh perspective bringing in an added relevancy, fun and energy to each episode, while showcasing compelling viewpoints to the female focused topics that remain at the core of the new Ricki Lake Show,” Twentieth EVP Programming and Development Stephen Brown said. Ricki Lake has gotten off to a slow ratings start among the freshman pack of daytime talkers, owning partly to a Tribune-Cablevision carriage dispute that has affected 40% of New York households.
‘Ricki Lake Show’ Changes Exec Producers
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Team
- Scott Pelley Anchors 'CBS Evening News' From Havana - Video
- 'Team America: World Police' Replaces 'The Interview' At Texas Theater
- Michael Roark Joins 'Wild For The Night'; Tina Casciani Cast In 'Bleed For This'
- Hollywood Hits Twitter To Vent Anger About 'The Interview' Being Pulled
- Judd Apatow On 'The Interview' Being Pulled: “Disgraceful”
- David Muir Asks Obama If He Will Visit Cuba In ABC News Exclusive - Video