Gail Steinberg, who was the co-creator and EP on Ricki Lake’s original talk show during the 1990s, is returning to become executive producer of the freshman talker The Ricki Lake Show, effective immediately. Lisa Kridos, who was EP, is exiting to become a programming and development producer for the show’s distributor Twentieth Television. Steinberg is currently EP of Divorce Court, daytime’s longest-running court show, and was a consultant and co-produced this year’s Ricki Lake pilot. “Gail will usher in a fresh perspective bringing in an added relevancy, fun and energy to each episode, while showcasing compelling viewpoints to the female focused topics that remain at the core of the new Ricki Lake Show,” Twentieth EVP Programming and Development Stephen Brown said. Ricki Lake has gotten off to a slow ratings start among the freshman pack of daytime talkers, owning partly to a Tribune-Cablevision carriage dispute that has affected 40% of New York households.
‘Ricki Lake Show’ Changes Exec Producers
What's Hot on Deadline
'Alice' Sees $62.7M In Offshore Looking Glass; 'Warcraft' Scores $31.7M; 'X-Men' Cumes $183.4M - Int'l Box Office Final
Moviegoers Turn Out For The 'Apocalypse' Over Memorial Day & Chop Off 'Alice's Head - Monday AM Update
Latest TV News
- Universal TV President Bela Bajaria Exits, Pearlena Igbokwe Eyed As Replacement
- Don Mischer Will Be Back As Producer Of Primetime Emmy Awards
- Viacom Watchers Wonder: Who’d Step In If Sumner Redstone Cleans House?
- WGA West Pencils In $4 Million Surplus For Fiscal 2016
- ‘Roots’ Opens With Cable’s Biggest Overall Miniseries Audience In 3 Years
- ‘Legion’: FX Picks Up Marvel’s X-Men Pilot Starring Dan Stevens To Series