Gail Steinberg, who was the co-creator and EP on Ricki Lake’s original talk show during the 1990s, is returning to become executive producer of the freshman talker The Ricki Lake Show, effective immediately. Lisa Kridos, who was EP, is exiting to become a programming and development producer for the show’s distributor Twentieth Television. Steinberg is currently EP of Divorce Court, daytime’s longest-running court show, and was a consultant and co-produced this year’s Ricki Lake pilot. “Gail will usher in a fresh perspective bringing in an added relevancy, fun and energy to each episode, while showcasing compelling viewpoints to the female focused topics that remain at the core of the new Ricki Lake Show,” Twentieth EVP Programming and Development Stephen Brown said. Ricki Lake has gotten off to a slow ratings start among the freshman pack of daytime talkers, owning partly to a Tribune-Cablevision carriage dispute that has affected 40% of New York households.
‘Ricki Lake Show’ Changes Exec Producers
What's Hot on Deadline
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
SAG Awards Analysis: 'Three Billboards' Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC's 'This Is Us' Shakes Things Up On TV Side
Jason Blum's Advice To Burgeoning Producers At Sundance: "Don’t Worry About Your Movie Getting A Theatrical Release"
White House Correspondent April Ryan Tells CNN News Organizations Have Police "On Speed Dial" For Death Threats
Latest TV News
- Starz Pays $5M License Fee For Participant Media Series ‘America To Me’ By ‘Hoop Dreams’ Steve James…
- Senate Reaches Deal To End Government Shutdown On Day 3
- ‘Snowpiercer’ Showrunner Josh Friedman Exits TNT Series
- Sony Launches Free-To-Air Crime Channel In The UK
- ‘Big Little Lies’ Gets Biggest Bump In Consumer Demand Post-Golden Globes
- Megyn Kelly Plays “Hanoi Jane” Card In Feud With Jane Fonda Over Plastic Surgery Question