HBO‘s political talk show Real Time With Bill Maher averaged 1.4 million viewers on Friday, marking the biggest audience for the show in almost eight years. The episode fell between the hot-button GOP and Democratic national conventions and featured a tense interview between Maher — an ardent supporter of President Obama who earlier this year donated $1M to his re-election campaign — and filmmaker-author Dinesh D’Souza. D’Souza made the anti-Obama documentary 2016 Obama’s America, which finished in the top 10 at the weekend box office this past frame and is now the fifth-highest-grossing political documentary of all time, most recently surpassing Michael Moore’s Capitalism: A Love Story. A combined 1.9 million watched the episode across two plays Friday night.
'Real Time With Bill Maher' Nets Biggest Audience In 8 Years
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
John Oliver: Donald Trump Tyrannizes TV News Week With "Bat-Sh*t Crazy" News Conference, Terrorism-In-Sweden Speech
Latest TV News
- Seth Meyers: Donald Trump’s Past Few Years In Office Have Only Been One Month
- Greta Van Susteren To Donald Trump: “Back Off”
- Harold Lloyd Pics To Be Animated; INTV Adds Li Ruigang Keynote – Global Briefs
- ‘Timeless’ Season Finale: Shawn Ryan On Big Twist & Reset For Potential Season 2
- ‘Timeless’ Awaits Renewal Decision By NBC As Season 1 Ends: Is It Out Of Time?
- Conan O’Brien Makes Guest Appearance On Mexican Telenovela ‘Mi Adorable Maldición’