HBO‘s political talk show Real Time With Bill Maher averaged 1.4 million viewers on Friday, marking the biggest audience for the show in almost eight years. The episode fell between the hot-button GOP and Democratic national conventions and featured a tense interview between Maher — an ardent supporter of President Obama who earlier this year donated $1M to his re-election campaign — and filmmaker-author Dinesh D’Souza. D’Souza made the anti-Obama documentary 2016 Obama’s America, which finished in the top 10 at the weekend box office this past frame and is now the fifth-highest-grossing political documentary of all time, most recently surpassing Michael Moore’s Capitalism: A Love Story. A combined 1.9 million watched the episode across two plays Friday night.
'Real Time With Bill Maher' Nets Biggest Audience In 8 Years
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Team
- Zach Gilford & Jonathan Cake Join USA Pilot 'Stanistan'
- Hot Trailer: Robert Downey Jr & Robert Duvall In 'The Judge'
- Paramount Shifts 'Scouts Vs Zombies', 'Paranormal Activity 5′ Release Dates
- TNT Nabs Rights To Five Upcoming Marvel Pics Including 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron'
- Bill Hader To Host 'SNL' October 11
- Veria Living Rebrands And Gets New Name – Now Z Living