HBO‘s political talk show Real Time With Bill Maher averaged 1.4 million viewers on Friday, marking the biggest audience for the show in almost eight years. The episode fell between the hot-button GOP and Democratic national conventions and featured a tense interview between Maher — an ardent supporter of President Obama who earlier this year donated $1M to his re-election campaign — and filmmaker-author Dinesh D’Souza. D’Souza made the anti-Obama documentary 2016 Obama’s America, which finished in the top 10 at the weekend box office this past frame and is now the fifth-highest-grossing political documentary of all time, most recently surpassing Michael Moore’s Capitalism: A Love Story. A combined 1.9 million watched the episode across two plays Friday night.
'Real Time With Bill Maher' Nets Biggest Audience In 8 Years
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
'Justice League' Currently Stumbling With $97M+ Opening: Are 'Wonder' & 'Thor' Cutting Into Business?
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
'The Royals' Female Cast & Crew Members Speak Out, Accuse Showrunner Mark Schwahn Of Sexual Harassment
Latest TV News
- Netflix Orders Comedy Series Starring Rev Run From Amblin TV & ABC Signature
- Actress Accuses ‘Girls’ EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him
- ‘She’s Gotta Have It’ Review: Gotta Watch Spike Lee’s TV Version Of 1986 Movie
- CBS Gives ‘S.W.A.T’ Full-Season Order, Picks Up 3 More Episodes Of ‘9JKL’, No Decision Yet On ‘Wisdom Of the Crowd…
- ‘Dietland’ Casts Ricardo Davila As Regular; Dale Whibley Joins ‘Ice’
- Liza Koshy To Star In New YouTube Red Comedy Series ‘Liza On Demand’