Paramount announced today that it is extending the theatrical run of its remastered Raiders Of The Lost Ark to more than 300 North American theaters beginning today. The move comes after a one-week IMAX run last week at 267 venues that grossed $1.6 million and is part of the studio’s publicity push for the September 18 Blu-ray release of Steven Spielberg’s and George Lucas’ Indiana Jones: The Complete Collection. The remastered pic was the No. 2 matinee last Friday — not bad for a 30-year-old movie.
'Raiders Of The Lost Ark' Run Extended
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops 'Transformers' In China - International Box Office
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Five Wide Releases Off The Road With $38.6M Second Weekend - Sunday AM Update
Latest Box Office News
- Broadway Review: Warner Bros Bets On ‘Charlie And The Chocolate Factory’ Redo
- ‘Fate Of The Furious’ Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops ‘Transformers’ In China – International…
- Docs 'Citizen Jane' & 'Jeremiah Tower' Rule Quiet Weekend – Specialty B.O.
- Max Winkler’s Teenage Comedy ‘Flower’ Plants Itself At The Orchard – Tribeca
- ‘Fate Of The Furious’ Drives Five Wide Releases Off The Road With $38.6M Second Weekend – Sunday AM Update
- ‘Deadpool 2’, ‘New Mutants’ & ‘Dark Phoenix’ Find 2018 Dates Among Fox’s Slew Of Release Changes…