Julliard-trained actor Michael O’Hare who helped launch the Babylon 5 sci-fi TV series by portraying Commander Jeffrey Sinclair in its first season, passed away Friday night from complications of cardiac arrest. He was 60. The show’s creator J Michael Straczynski posted on his Facebook page that O’Hare had been in a coma since suffering a heart attack on September 23rd. In Season 2, O’Hare’s character was replaced for the remainder of the show’s 5-year run by Bruce Boxleitner’s Captain John Sheridan. But O’Hare reprised the role in Seasons 2 and 3 during guest appearances. He appeared on many TV series, including Kate & Allie, The Equalizer, Tales from the Darkside, The Cosby Mysteries, and Law & Order.
R.I.P. Michael O’Hare
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops 'Transformers' In China - International Box Office
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Five Wide Releases Off The Road With $38.6M Second Weekend - Sunday AM Update
'Dear Basketball' Scribe Kobe Bryant On A Career Built "Piece By Piece" And Life After Basketball — Tribeca Studio
BAFTA TV Craft Award Winners Include 'The Crown', 'The Night Manager', 'National Treasure' -- Full List
Latest TV News
- 'Feud: Bette and Joan' Finale: EP Tim Minear Avoided A "Petty Bitchfest"
- ‘Genius’ Stars Geoffrey Rush & Johnny Flynn On Their Shared Task Of Humanizing Albert Einstein…
- BAFTA TV Craft Award Winners Include ‘The Crown’, ‘The Night Manager’, ‘National Treasure’…
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ Star Yvonne Strahovski: “Women's Rights Are Human Rights”…
- Erin Moran: “We Did Our Best”, Says Child Actor Advocate Paul Petersen
- Ex-Fox Anchor Alisyn Camerota Says Roger Ailes Sexually Harassed Her