Julliard-trained actor Michael O’Hare who helped launch the Babylon 5 sci-fi TV series by portraying Commander Jeffrey Sinclair in its first season, passed away Friday night from complications of cardiac arrest. He was 60. The show’s creator J Michael Straczynski posted on his Facebook page that O’Hare had been in a coma since suffering a heart attack on September 23rd. In Season 2, O’Hare’s character was replaced for the remainder of the show’s 5-year run by Bruce Boxleitner’s Captain John Sheridan. But O’Hare reprised the role in Seasons 2 and 3 during guest appearances. He appeared on many TV series, including Kate & Allie, The Equalizer, Tales from the Darkside, The Cosby Mysteries, and Law & Order.
R.I.P. Michael O’Hare
What's Hot on Deadline
'Westworld' Finale Postmortem: EP Jonathan Nolan On Season 2's Samurai World, Missing Characters & Dr. Ford's Fate
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $180M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
Shake-Up At 'Duck Dynasty' Producer Gurney Productions: Founders Placed On "Temporary Leave Of Absence"
Latest TV News
- ‘Animal Kingdom’: ‘Suicide Squad’s Alex Meraz Set To Recur In Season 2
- Samantha Bee Anticipates Donald Trump’s Thank-You Tour Stop In North Carolina With Look At Governor Race
- Van Jones To Trevor Noah On Donald Trump Presidency: “Welcome To Hell”
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Actor Peter Vaughan Dies At The Age Of 93
- Jimmy Kimmel On Oscar Hosting: Taiwan President Called To Offer Congratulations
- Margaret Whitton Dies: ‘Major League’ Actress & Producer-Director Was 67