Julliard-trained actor Michael O’Hare who helped launch the Babylon 5 sci-fi TV series by portraying Commander Jeffrey Sinclair in its first season, passed away Friday night from complications of cardiac arrest. He was 60. The show’s creator J Michael Straczynski posted on his Facebook page that O’Hare had been in a coma since suffering a heart attack on September 23rd. In Season 2, O’Hare’s character was replaced for the remainder of the show’s 5-year run by Bruce Boxleitner’s Captain John Sheridan. But O’Hare reprised the role in Seasons 2 and 3 during guest appearances. He appeared on many TV series, including Kate & Allie, The Equalizer, Tales from the Darkside, The Cosby Mysteries, and Law & Order.
R.I.P. Michael O’Hare
What's Hot on Deadline
Hallmark Channel Upfront Presentation Canceled Due To Storm; Net Makes Announcements, Including ‘When Calls the Heart’ Renewal, At Central Park Event
Ryan Murphy On '9-1-1's Ratings Success, Season 2 Details, Connie Britton's Future On the Show & Potential Spinoff Series
Latest TV News
- Major London Film & TV Studio Moves Ahead After $140m Deal With Pacifica Ventures
- ‘The Terror’: AMC To Launch Entire First Season For Premiere Customers
- Rex Tillerson’s “Very Mean-Spirited Town” Exit Speech Goes Over Big In D.C.
- Weinstein Co. TV Exec Megan Spanjian Moves To UTA
- AT&T And Government Trade Opening Salvos As Antitrust Showdown Begins
- CNN’s Jeff Zucker Says Fox News Is State-Run Propaganda: “TASS Has Nothing On Them”