John Ingle, best known as patriarch Edward Quartermaine on ABC’s General Hospital, has died after a battle with cancer. He was 84. Ingle’s passing on Sunday was first reported by a family member on Facebook and General Hospital executive producer Frank Valentini confirmed the news on Twitter. “We love him and will miss him. John will always be part of the #GH family,” Valentini wrote. The Oklahoma native took on the role of Edward Quartermaine in 1993 after retiring as an English and theater teacher. He taught at both Hollywood High Beverly Hills High School until 1985. Among his students were Nicolas Cage, Richard Dreyfuss, David Schwimmer and Albert Brooks. Ingle was fired from GH in 2003 and the role of Edward was to be killed off, but outraged fans spoke out and he was rehired. He left the show for a couple years to play Mickey Horton on Days Of Our Lives. He returned to GH as Edward in 2006 and made his final appearance in an episode that aired just last week. His other television credits include Beverly Hills, 90210, Cheers, Dallas and Doogie Howser, M.D. His film credits include Heathers, Robocop 2 and Batman & Robin.
R.I.P. John Ingle
What's Hot on Deadline
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Latest TV News
- AMPTP To Stuntwomen: If You See Something, Say Something
- WGA Contract Talks Coming Down To Wire
- Amazon Near Pickups Of Comedy Pilots From Michael Patrick King, George Saunders & Diarra Kilpatrick
- ‘Being Mary Jane’ Casts Raney Branch; Falk Hentschel Joins ‘The Alienist’
- Justice Department Settles Suit Over DirecTV’s Effort To Keep Dodgers Games Dark – Update
- Final Member Of Movie & Music Counterfeiting Ring Sentenced To Prison