Former Disney technology executive Bob Lambert died September 7 at his home in Glendale. He was 55. A 25-year veteran of Disney, Lambert served as the company’s senior technology executive. In that role, he oversaw Disney Feature Animation’s shift to CGI production and brought Pixar onboard to work on the software. Disney received a Sci-Tech Academy Award as a result of Lambert’s strategy; Lambert was appointed to the Academy’s Sci-Tech Council last year. As SVP for worldwide technology strategy and development, Lambert was charged with transforming Disney’s digital landscape, especially the move from celluloid film to digital. He left the company in 2010 after a reorganization. A member of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, Lambert became the chairman of Digital Cinema Initiatives, a joint project among Disney, Fox, Paramount, Sony Pictures Entertainment, Universal and Warner Bros, when it was created in 2002. DCI is intended to create industry-wide technical standards and quality control in digital cinema. Most recently, Lambert served as the chief strategic officer and chairman emeritus of the USC Entertainment Technology Center, which was founded in 1993 with assistance from Star Wars creator George Lucas.
R.I.P. Bob Lambert
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Sean Spicer Insists Donald Trump Plugged Judge Jeanine's Show Only Because He Is Fan, "Plain And Simple"
Latest Film News
- WGA West's Board Votes Tonight On Whether To Send Strike-Authorization Ballots To Members
- Paramount Sets Release Dates For ‘Suburbicon’, ‘Action Point’ & ‘A Quiet Place…
- Amber Heard Attached To Star In ‘The Kind Worth Killing’
- No. 9 ‘Fantastic Beasts’ Box Office Profits – 2016 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament
- No. 10 ‘Suicide Squad’ Box Office Profits – 2016 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament
- Lionsgate Teams With Roadside For Jake Gyllenhaal Boston Marathon Bombing Drama ‘Stronger’; September Bow Planned