EXCLUSIVE: Kate Walsh is about to get scary – Scary Movie 5 that is. The Private Practice star has signed up to do a cameo in the latest installment of the mock horror franchise. She joins the just named Heather Locklear and Molly Shannon in the movie. Malcolm Lee is directing Scary Movie 5 from a script by David Zucker, who wrote and directed 2003’s Scary Movie 3 and 2006’s Scary Movie 4. Besides her Dr. Addison Montgomery role on the ABC series, Walsh appears in The Perks of Being A Wallflower as the mother of Logan Lerman’s Charlie character. Paul Rudd and Dylan McDermott co-star along with Emma Watson and Ezra Miller. The coming-of-age movie debuts this weekend at the Toronto International Film Festival and opens on September 27. Walsh is repped by CAA and Evolution Entertainment.
'Private Practice's Kate Walsh Signs Up For 'Scary Movie 5'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Patten
- California Film Commission Appointments: IATSE VP & PMK*BNC Boss Added
- World Series Ratings: Game 1 Strikes Out With New Low
- Warner Bros Says “No Merit” To 'Conjuring' Producer's “Money Laundering” Charge Against New Line
- 'Alpha House' Review: Dominic Patten Welcomes Back Amazon's D.C. Boys
- World Series Ratings Fall From 2013, 'Flash' & 'Marry Me' Down, 'Selfie' & 'NCIS: NOLA' Steady
- Fox Hit With $250M 'Simpsons' Lawsuit By 'Goodfellas' Actor