EXCLUSIVE: Kate Walsh is about to get scary – Scary Movie 5 that is. The Private Practice star has signed up to do a cameo in the latest installment of the mock horror franchise. She joins the just named Heather Locklear and Molly Shannon in the movie. Malcolm Lee is directing Scary Movie 5 from a script by David Zucker, who wrote and directed 2003’s Scary Movie 3 and 2006’s Scary Movie 4. Besides her Dr. Addison Montgomery role on the ABC series, Walsh appears in The Perks of Being A Wallflower as the mother of Logan Lerman’s Charlie character. Paul Rudd and Dylan McDermott co-star along with Emma Watson and Ezra Miller. The coming-of-age movie debuts this weekend at the Toronto International Film Festival and opens on September 27. Walsh is repped by CAA and Evolution Entertainment.
'Private Practice's Kate Walsh Signs Up For 'Scary Movie 5'
What's Hot on Deadline
Veteran ‘Criminal Minds’, Comedies 'Life In Pieces' & ‘Kevin Can Wait’ Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
'The Equalizer 2' Trailer: Denzel Washington Returns As Justice-Seeker In Antoine Fuqua Action Thriller
Cannes Adds Lars Von Trier, Whitney Houston Doc, Michael B. Jordan Sci-Fi, Terry Gilliam's 'Don Quixote', More
Latest Film News
- Bill Cosby Trial Could Be Sent To Jury Early Next Week
- ‘Songwriter’ Director Murray Cummings On Evolution In Ed Sheeran’s Songwriting Process — Tribeca Studio
- Peter Bart: Scaling Up Through Mergers No Fun Anymore For Moguls
- Ethan Hawke & Noomi Rapace Learn True Meaning Of ‘Stockholm’ Syndrome — Tribeca Studio
- ‘Old Man & The Gun’ Gets Release Date From Fox Searchlight
- Mattel Names Endemol And Maker Studios Alum Ynon Kreiz As New CEO