EXCLUSIVE: Kate Walsh is about to get scary – Scary Movie 5 that is. The Private Practice star has signed up to do a cameo in the latest installment of the mock horror franchise. She joins the just named Heather Locklear and Molly Shannon in the movie. Malcolm Lee is directing Scary Movie 5 from a script by David Zucker, who wrote and directed 2003’s Scary Movie 3 and 2006’s Scary Movie 4. Besides her Dr. Addison Montgomery role on the ABC series, Walsh appears in The Perks of Being A Wallflower as the mother of Logan Lerman’s Charlie character. Paul Rudd and Dylan McDermott co-star along with Emma Watson and Ezra Miller. The coming-of-age movie debuts this weekend at the Toronto International Film Festival and opens on September 27. Walsh is repped by CAA and Evolution Entertainment.
'Private Practice's Kate Walsh Signs Up For 'Scary Movie 5'
What's Hot on Deadline
TV & Film Casting Biz Disrupted: Fox's Decision To Drop Breakdown Services For Casting Networks & Its Fallout
Film Independent Spirit Award Nominations: 'Call Me By Your Name', 'Lady Bird', 'Get Out', 'The Rider', 'Florida Project' Best Pics
Latest Film News
- Andy Serkis Insists Performance Capture Acting Is Not “A Drug-Assisted Sport”
- Spirit Award Nominations: ‘Call Me By Your Name’, ‘Lady Bird’, ‘Get Out’, ‘The Rider’, ‘Florida Project…
- CJ 4DPLEX Continues Euro Expansion With Switzerland’s Kitag Cinemas; INTV Conference Sets Speakers…
- ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Promo: “Light, Darkness — And Something Else”
- ‘Justice League’ Flies Past $101M; ‘Wonder’ Sparks $31M+ As Thanksgiving Week Warms Up
- How Harvey Weinstein Used NDAs And Personal Bank Accounts To Silence Accusers: Report