EXCLUSIVE: Kate Walsh is about to get scary – Scary Movie 5 that is. The Private Practice star has signed up to do a cameo in the latest installment of the mock horror franchise. She joins the just named Heather Locklear and Molly Shannon in the movie. Malcolm Lee is directing Scary Movie 5 from a script by David Zucker, who wrote and directed 2003’s Scary Movie 3 and 2006’s Scary Movie 4. Besides her Dr. Addison Montgomery role on the ABC series, Walsh appears in The Perks of Being A Wallflower as the mother of Logan Lerman’s Charlie character. Paul Rudd and Dylan McDermott co-star along with Emma Watson and Ezra Miller. The coming-of-age movie debuts this weekend at the Toronto International Film Festival and opens on September 27. Walsh is repped by CAA and Evolution Entertainment.
'Private Practice's Kate Walsh Signs Up For 'Scary Movie 5'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- The First ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Trailer Hits Like A Punch To The Head
- Kevin Costner To Narrate MMA Doc ‘Hurt Business’; Kickboxer Remake Sequel A Go
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘99 Homes’ Director Ramin Bahrani On Shannon, Garfield & “Web Of Corruption”…
- Bridge Independent & Ketchup Ink Digital Deal
- ‘The Danish Girl’s Tom Hooper On “Moving” Transgender Response To The Film – AwardsLine Screening
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?