EXCLUSIVE: Kate Walsh is about to get scary – Scary Movie 5 that is. The Private Practice star has signed up to do a cameo in the latest installment of the mock horror franchise. She joins the just named Heather Locklear and Molly Shannon in the movie. Malcolm Lee is directing Scary Movie 5 from a script by David Zucker, who wrote and directed 2003’s Scary Movie 3 and 2006’s Scary Movie 4. Besides her Dr. Addison Montgomery role on the ABC series, Walsh appears in The Perks of Being A Wallflower as the mother of Logan Lerman’s Charlie character. Paul Rudd and Dylan McDermott co-star along with Emma Watson and Ezra Miller. The coming-of-age movie debuts this weekend at the Toronto International Film Festival and opens on September 27. Walsh is repped by CAA and Evolution Entertainment.
'Private Practice's Kate Walsh Signs Up For 'Scary Movie 5'
What's Hot on Deadline
PGA Awards: 'Birdman' Wins Top Film Prize, 'Breaking Bad' Takes Drama Trophy & 'Orange Is The New Black' Nabs Comedy
'American Sniper' Praised By Michael Moore; Calls Bradley Cooper's Performance "One Of The Best Of The Year" - Update
Ethan Hawke At Sundance: Talks ‘Boyhood’, “Studios Are Making Less & Less Movies” & What Audiences Want To See - Video
More From Patten
- Eli Roth Talks “Great Thrill” Of Sundance Debut & Keanu Reeves Joining ‘Knock Knock…
- Ethan Hawke At Sundance: Talks 'Boyhood', "Studios Are Making Less & Less Movies" & What Audiences Want To See…
- ‘A Walk In The Woods’ Gala Evokes Paul Newman & “Generosity” – Sundance
- Ted Sarandos At Sundance: Netflix “Isn’t Anti-Theaters, Just Pro-Movies”, Talks Oscars & ‘The Interview…
- Netflix Makes 4-Pic Pact With Duplass Brothers – Sundance