EXCLUSIVE: Kate Walsh is about to get scary – Scary Movie 5 that is. The Private Practice star has signed up to do a cameo in the latest installment of the mock horror franchise. She joins the just named Heather Locklear and Molly Shannon in the movie. Malcolm Lee is directing Scary Movie 5 from a script by David Zucker, who wrote and directed 2003’s Scary Movie 3 and 2006’s Scary Movie 4. Besides her Dr. Addison Montgomery role on the ABC series, Walsh appears in The Perks of Being A Wallflower as the mother of Logan Lerman’s Charlie character. Paul Rudd and Dylan McDermott co-star along with Emma Watson and Ezra Miller. The coming-of-age movie debuts this weekend at the Toronto International Film Festival and opens on September 27. Walsh is repped by CAA and Evolution Entertainment.
'Private Practice's Kate Walsh Signs Up For 'Scary Movie 5'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Patten
- NBCU Slammed In Second Age-Discrimination Lawsuit By Emmy-Winning Former KNBC Producer
- 'Survivor' Editors Win IATSE Contract With Mark Burnett Company
- 'Criminal Minds' Star Sued By Ex-Manager Over Commissions
- RATINGS RAT RACE: 'America's Got Talent' & 'Extreme Weight Loss' Down, 'Food Fighters' Rises As NBC Wins Night
- UPDATE: Al Gore's “Celebrity Lawyer” Trying To Grab Headlines With Lawsuit, Says Al Jazeera
- AMC Renews 'Halt And Catch Fire' For A Second Season