The former No. 2 to Twitter fan Rupert Murdoch is one of the top choices among the people being interviewed for the part-time gig, All Things D reports. But the site says it hears from unnamed sources that Twitter management is just beginning its search, and Peter Chernin is still mulling whether he even wants the job. The privately held company — believed to be a prime candidate to go public once it solidifies its business model — has a seat to fill in the board room following the recent departure of Flipboard’s Mike McCue. (He’s said to be concerned that his company might soon compete with Twitter.) Chernin has strong credentials: At News Corp he was one of the architects of Hulu. Since he left, his Chernin Entertainment has been a prolific developer of TV shows (including Fox’ New Girl) and movies (such as Fox’ Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes).
Peter Chernin Under Consideration For Seat On Twitter Board: Report
What's Hot on Deadline
Global Scam Ravaging Hollywood: Silver-Tongued Imposter Poses As Top Female Producers To Catfish Victims
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Latest Business News
- ‘How To Get Away With Murder’ Actress Karla Souza Accuses Mexican Producer Of Sexual Assault
- ‘The Domestics’ Special Effects Coordinator Says He Shares Blame in “Wigging” Incident
- Roku’s Earnings Beat Street, But Stock Plunges 21% On Forecast
- Meryl Streep Rips “Pathetic” Harvey Weinstein For Using Her Name In Lawsuit
- Director Roland Joffé Inks With Gersh
- Sinclair Lays Out Plans To Divest Stations To Win FCC Approval Of Tribune Acquisition