The former No. 2 to Twitter fan Rupert Murdoch is one of the top choices among the people being interviewed for the part-time gig, All Things D reports. But the site says it hears from unnamed sources that Twitter management is just beginning its search, and Peter Chernin is still mulling whether he even wants the job. The privately held company — believed to be a prime candidate to go public once it solidifies its business model — has a seat to fill in the board room following the recent departure of Flipboard’s Mike McCue. (He’s said to be concerned that his company might soon compete with Twitter.) Chernin has strong credentials: At News Corp he was one of the architects of Hulu. Since he left, his Chernin Entertainment has been a prolific developer of TV shows (including Fox’ New Girl) and movies (such as Fox’ Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes).
Peter Chernin Under Consideration For Seat On Twitter Board: Report
What's Hot on Deadline
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
'Black Panther' Keeps Box Office Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; 'I Can Only Imagine' Sings $17M High Note
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Director Terry Gilliam Says #MeToo "Got Silly", "Monster" Harvey Weinstein "Opened The Door" For Some
Latest Business News
- The Roots Cancel SXSW Concert After Bomb Threat
- Ellen Barkin Says “Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam” After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
- Kathy Griffin Comeback Show At Carnegie Hall Nearly Sells Out In A Day
- Trump-Linked Cambridge Analytica Stole Data From 50M Facebook Users And “Targeted Their Inner Demons”…
- Charlize Theron Says Arming Teachers With Guns Is “So Outrageous”
- Attorney General Jeff Sessions Fires FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe