The former No. 2 to Twitter fan Rupert Murdoch is one of the top choices among the people being interviewed for the part-time gig, All Things D reports. But the site says it hears from unnamed sources that Twitter management is just beginning its search, and Peter Chernin is still mulling whether he even wants the job. The privately held company — believed to be a prime candidate to go public once it solidifies its business model — has a seat to fill in the board room following the recent departure of Flipboard’s Mike McCue. (He’s said to be concerned that his company might soon compete with Twitter.) Chernin has strong credentials: At News Corp he was one of the architects of Hulu. Since he left, his Chernin Entertainment has been a prolific developer of TV shows (including Fox’ New Girl) and movies (such as Fox’ Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes).
Peter Chernin Under Consideration For Seat On Twitter Board: Report
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale & Aftershow: "A.D." Mystery Solved; Cast Would Say Yes To Reunion - Update
'Baby Driver' Starts Its Engine Tuesday Night; 'Wonder Woman' Beating 'Suicide Squad' With $325M+ Running Cume
Latest Business News
- Elvis Presley Prequel ‘Heartbreak Hotel’ Is Broadway Bound. Or Not.
- Court Frees Steven Mnuchin From Relativity Media-Related Fraud Case
- Beau Willimon Will Be Next WGA East President
- Mercedes Ruehl Joins Harvey Fierstein’s ‘Torch Song’ Revival
- ABC News Reaches Settlement In “Pink Slime” Defamation Lawsuit
- Scripps Networks Interactive Joins FuboTV Line Up