The Oprah Winfrey Network is bringing some old friends to its schedule. OWN had bought the exclusive cable rights to both Rachael Ray and The Nate Berkus Show. “Rachael and Nate are a natural fit for OWN’s expanding daytime programming lineup. It will be great to have Rachael’s energy and Nate’s upbeat presence on our air,” said OWN president Erik Logan. Starting at 9 AM on September 10, the network will broadcast two episodes of each show back-to-back. Both shows are already part of Oprah’s empire. Winfrey’s Harpo Studios is one of the producers of Rachael Ray, along with CBS Television Distribution, Watch Entertainment and Scripps Network. The show debuted in syndication in 2006. Harpo Studios was also one of the production companies, along with Sony Pictures Television, behind The Nate Berkus Show. A spin-off of Oprah’s talk show, the syndicated Nate Berkus Show ran from September 13 2010 to May 24, 2012 before being cancelled. Reruns are still on the air until September 7. OWN, which is a owned by Harpo and Discovery Communications, acquired Rachael Ray from CBS Television Distribution and Nate Berkus from Harpo Studios. OWN will show episodes from the first five seasons of Rachael Ray and the two seasons of Nate Berkus. The network presently re-airs Dr. Phil, which also is produced by Harpo Studios, as well as Oprah’s Lifeclass and Oprah’s Next Chapter, which are currently produced by Harpo.
OWN Picks Up 'Rachael Ray' & Nate Berkus Show' Cable Rights
What's Hot on Deadline
Sundance Names Jada Pinkett Smith, Octavia Spencer & Chaz Ebert To Jury; Jason Mantzoukas To Host Awards Show
‘70s Screen Icon Pam Grier Speaks On Sex Harassment & Her Biopic With Jay Pharoah Playing Richard Pryor
Eliza Dushku's Former Agent & A Friend Confirm Her Sexual Assault Story On 'True Lies' Set: "Nobody Really Did Anything"
Two More Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Stunt Coordinator Joel Kramer Include One Involving 10th Grade Girl
Latest TV News
- Ellen Pompeo On New ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Deal, The Show’s End Game & Legacy And Her Post-‘Grey’s’ Future…
- Former ‘Today’ Co-Host Ann Curry Not Surprised At Matt Lauer’s Ouster
- Ellen Pompeo Inks New 2-Year Deal For ‘Grey’s Anatomy’, Paving Way For Seasons 15 & 16, Adds Producing…
- UK Production Group Argonon Acquires Like A Shot Entertainment & Staffs Up U.S. Division
- ‘Once Upon A Time’ Actress Lana Parrilla Set To Make Directorial Debut For “Chosen” Episode
- ‘The Shannara Chronicles’ Shopped To Other Networks For Season 3