A lot of Netflix customers still feel burned by its decision last year to split its streaming and DVD rental services, raising the price for the combination by 60%, according to a survey by GfK. Some 51% of the 1,051 people between ages 13-54 that the firm surveyed in June said that they’d be willing to dump Netflix in favor of a similar streaming service from their pay TV company. That’s up from 45% who said they’s switch in a similar survey last year. “Netflix clearly has built a model worth emulating — but it will have to fight harder to sustain brand loyalty and its position as market leader,” says GfK Media SVP David Tice. Netflix subscribers depend on the service: The average user spends about 8 hours a week watching shows. GfK figures it at about 5.1 TV shows and 3.4 movies each week. (It measures the average TV show at 30 minutes and the typical movie at 1.5 hours.)
Half Of Netflix Subscribers Would Switch To A Pay TV Streaming Service: Study
What's Hot on Deadline
'Justice League' Currently Stumbling With $97M+ Opening: Are 'Wonder' & 'Thor' Cutting Into Business?
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
Latest Film News
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: WGA Nixes ‘Three Billboards’; Bleecker Puts Lumps Of Coal In Critics’ Stockings; ‘Get Out…
- ‘Get Out’s Jordan Peele Responds To Golden Globes Category
- Douglas Booth In Talks To Play Nikki Sixx In Motley Crue Biopic ‘The Dirt’
- New Regency Lands ‘The Skies Belong To Us’ Based On Story Of Historic Hijacking