Looks like the Republican won the Hispanic vote — at least on TV. By a sliver, Mitt Romney’s Wednesday appearance on Univision’s Meet The Candidates beat President Obama’s Thursday visit. Romney’s hourlong sitdown, moderated by Jorge Ramos and Maria Elena Salinas, pulled in an average of 2.8 million total viewers, which the president averaged 2.7 million total viewers. Among adults 18-49, Romney got 1.4 million while Obama got 1.3 million in the demo. In the 25-54 demo, the situation was reversed: Romney drew 1.3 million and Obama drew 1.4 million. Neither candidate did as well as the show regularly seen in that time slot, as the recently launched novella Armor Bravio pulls in 3.2 million total viewers. Still, Obama and Romney’s pre-taped appearances were tops in adults 18-49 in Houston, Phoenix and LA. The town hall visits — a first for the network by both sides in a general election — were organized after the Commission on Presidential Debates rejected Univision’s request for a fourth debate between the two aimed at Hispanic voters. About 9% of all voters are Hispanic, and they could be a significant bloc for November’s election in swing states like New Mexico, Arizona, Florida, Nevada, and Colorado.
Romney Edges Obama In Univision Viewers
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Unveils Unscripted Slate With 6 New & 18 Returning Series; More 'Real Housewives' & 'Vanderpump Rules'
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir 'Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?' For TV
Latest TV News
- ‘Bachelor’ Alum Chris Soules’ Lawyers Insist He Didn’t Leave Scene Of Fatal Accident
- BET Greenlights New Series From Kevin Hart, Steve Harvey, Wanda Sykes & More – Upfronts
- Warner Bros. TV Ups Peter Girardi To Dual EVP Roles
- AMC Networks’ Josh Sapan Made $30.5M In 2016, Up 72.4%, Proxy Shows
- ‘Shooter’: Patrick Sabongui, Troy Garity & Jaina Lee Ortiz Set To Recur In Season 2
- ‘Timeless’ EP Eric Kripke On The Moment He Realized He Was Telling A James Bond Story — AwardsLine…