Looks like the Republican won the Hispanic vote — at least on TV. By a sliver, Mitt Romney’s Wednesday appearance on Univision’s Meet The Candidates beat President Obama’s Thursday visit. Romney’s hourlong sitdown, moderated by Jorge Ramos and Maria Elena Salinas, pulled in an average of 2.8 million total viewers, which the president averaged 2.7 million total viewers. Among adults 18-49, Romney got 1.4 million while Obama got 1.3 million in the demo. In the 25-54 demo, the situation was reversed: Romney drew 1.3 million and Obama drew 1.4 million. Neither candidate did as well as the show regularly seen in that time slot, as the recently launched novella Armor Bravio pulls in 3.2 million total viewers. Still, Obama and Romney’s pre-taped appearances were tops in adults 18-49 in Houston, Phoenix and LA. The town hall visits — a first for the network by both sides in a general election — were organized after the Commission on Presidential Debates rejected Univision’s request for a fourth debate between the two aimed at Hispanic voters. About 9% of all voters are Hispanic, and they could be a significant bloc for November’s election in swing states like New Mexico, Arizona, Florida, Nevada, and Colorado.
Romney Edges Obama In Univision Viewers
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
'American Horror Story' At Paley Fest: Is Sarah Paulson's Supreme 'Coven' Character Returning In Season 7?
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
Latest TV News
- ‘American Horror Story’ At Paley Fest: Is Sarah Paulson’s Supreme ‘Coven’ Character Returning In…
- Sean Hannity Defends Himself After Ted Koppel Says “He's Bad For America” On 'CBS Sunday Morning'
- ‘Scandal’ Cast Tease 100th Episode & Characters’ Fates At Emotional Panel – PaleyFest
- CNN Hires “Silly, Craven” Conservatives, Podcaster Jon Lovett Says…On CNN
- The President Trumpets Jeanine Pirro: Is Paul Ryan Just Collateral Damage?
- ‘Westworld’ Team On The Series’ Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution…