America’s Most Wanted is planning to air a segment on Gavin Smith around the middle of October. A source close to the Lifetime show says the long-running series is “talking directly with the investigators from the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department who haven’t spoken in detail publicly about the case before.” Smith has not been seen since the night of May 1, when he was leaving the Oak Park, CA home of a friend in his black Mercedes. On May 9, the Sheriff’s Department changed the status of the case from a missing person’s probe to a criminal homicide investigation. The family of the 57-year old veteran distribution exec and former UCLA basketball player has offered a $20,000 reward for information about Smith’s whereabouts. After 23 seasons on Fox, America’s Most Wanted began airing on Lifetime in September 2011.
Missing Fox Executive To Be Featured On 'America's Most Wanted'
What's Hot on Deadline
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Bravo Unveils Unscripted Slate With 6 New & 18 Returning Series; More 'Real Housewives' & 'Vanderpump Rules'
'Timeless' EP Eric Kripke On The Moment He Realized He Was Telling A James Bond Story — AwardsLine Screening Series
Latest Film News
- Sony’s Pictures Division Reports Loss Of $719M; Company’s Overall Net Profit Takes 50% Hit
- ‘Firestarter’: Stephen King Classic Reignites With Universal, Blumhouse & Akiva Goldsman Directing
- Tribeca Film Festival Winners: ‘Keep The Change’, ‘Bobbi Jene’ Tops
- Broad Green Pictures Hires Four Execs In Marketing & Legal Departments
- ‘Little Prince’s Mark Osborne & Scribe Adam Kline Link With Fox Animation For Two New Projects
- ‘3 Generations’: Weinstein Co. & MPAA Agree On PG-13 Rating, With GLAAD’s Backing & Some Cuts