FX‘s new Cold War series The Americans will debut at Mipcom’s World Premiere TV Screenings next month in Cannes. The confab says the Oct. 8 screening will be followed by a Q&A with the leads and production team. Keri Russell, Matthew Rhys and Noah Emmerich star in the period series about the complex marriage of two KGB spies posing as Americans in suburban Washington DC shortly after Ronald Reagan is elected President. Creator Joe Weisberg is exec producer/showrunner, alongside exec producer Graham Yost. Darryl Frank and Justin Falvey of DreamWorks Television, who initially approached Weisberg with the idea, also exec produce. The pilot, directed by Warrior‘s Gavin O’Connor, was picked up to series with a 13-episode order from FX in August. It’s being sold internationally by Twentieth Century Fox Television Distribution. Fox Television Studios president David Madden and FX head of series development & EVP FX productions, Eric Schrier, will also be on hand for the debut. The Americans starts production in October and airs in early 2013.
Mipcom: Spy Drama 'The Americans' To Screen In World Premiere
What's Hot on Deadline
Earth Will Feel The Power Of The Force Again: Disney's 'Rogue One' On Course For $280M-$350M Global Opening - Preview
'Office Christmas Party' Gets Louder With $17M+, Though 'Moana' Still Has Leading Luau; 'La La Land' Huge - Noon Update
'Spider-Man: Homecoming 2' Shoots Web Around Independence Day 2019; 'Bad Boys 4' Moves To Memorial Day
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
Latest TV News
- ‘Shameless’ Emmy Rossum’s Salary Demands Vs. Television’s Parity Rule
- Anna Kendrick, Laura Dern & Don Cheadle To Announce 2017 Golden Globes Nominees
- Gurney Productions: “Business As Usual” For Staffers In Wake Of Founders’ Ouster
- Ian Somerhalder & Nikki Reed Producing ‘Transience’ Drama Project For the CW
- Seána Kerslake Inks With Paradigm & Untitled; Van Johnson Company Signs Jason Stuart
- Fox Buys ‘Basket Case’ Crime Drama From Jeff Eastin & Jason Winer Based On Book