FX‘s new Cold War series The Americans will debut at Mipcom’s World Premiere TV Screenings next month in Cannes. The confab says the Oct. 8 screening will be followed by a Q&A with the leads and production team. Keri Russell, Matthew Rhys and Noah Emmerich star in the period series about the complex marriage of two KGB spies posing as Americans in suburban Washington DC shortly after Ronald Reagan is elected President. Creator Joe Weisberg is exec producer/showrunner, alongside exec producer Graham Yost. Darryl Frank and Justin Falvey of DreamWorks Television, who initially approached Weisberg with the idea, also exec produce. The pilot, directed by Warrior‘s Gavin O’Connor, was picked up to series with a 13-episode order from FX in August. It’s being sold internationally by Twentieth Century Fox Television Distribution. Fox Television Studios president David Madden and FX head of series development & EVP FX productions, Eric Schrier, will also be on hand for the debut. The Americans starts production in October and airs in early 2013.
Mipcom: Spy Drama 'The Americans' To Screen In World Premiere
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
'Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle' Review: Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart & Jack Black Are In The Game, But Laughs Don't Come Easily
Latest TV News
- Jenna Coleman To Return As ITV & PBS Bring Back Royal Drama ‘Victoria’
- ‘Twin Peaks’: Kyle MacLachlan Responds To Landing Golden Globe Nomination 26 Years After Winning For…
- Fareed Zakaria To Conan: Donald Trump Has Taken Over Media
- Jimmy Kimmel And Billy Blast Congress For Holding CHIP Hostage In Bid To Seal Billionaire Tax Cuts
- Stephen Colbert To Would-Be Times Square Bomber: “Seriously?”
- Netflix Inks Int’l Distribution Deal For NBC's 'Good Girls': Inside New Model That Partners the SVOD Giant With…