FX‘s new Cold War series The Americans will debut at Mipcom’s World Premiere TV Screenings next month in Cannes. The confab says the Oct. 8 screening will be followed by a Q&A with the leads and production team. Keri Russell, Matthew Rhys and Noah Emmerich star in the period series about the complex marriage of two KGB spies posing as Americans in suburban Washington DC shortly after Ronald Reagan is elected President. Creator Joe Weisberg is exec producer/showrunner, alongside exec producer Graham Yost. Darryl Frank and Justin Falvey of DreamWorks Television, who initially approached Weisberg with the idea, also exec produce. The pilot, directed by Warrior‘s Gavin O’Connor, was picked up to series with a 13-episode order from FX in August. It’s being sold internationally by Twentieth Century Fox Television Distribution. Fox Television Studios president David Madden and FX head of series development & EVP FX productions, Eric Schrier, will also be on hand for the debut. The Americans starts production in October and airs in early 2013.
Mipcom: Spy Drama 'The Americans' To Screen In World Premiere
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Four Studios Bidding On 'Gone Girl' Author Gillian Flynn's Short Story 'The Grownup': Hot Package Du Jour
Latest TV News
- Samantha Bee Vs. The Guys On Late Night, Plus: The Coming Tony Awards Wars? – Gerard & Roth
- ‘Little People’ Animated Musical Comedy Series To Premiere On Sprout
- Obama Declines To Dance For Ellen DeGeneres’ Show; Republic Still Standing
- ‘Good Place’ NBC Comedy Series Casts William Jackson Harper
- Mark-Paul Gosselaar To Star In Fox Pilot ‘Pitch’
- CBS Comedy Pilot 'Superior Donuts' Casts Maz Jobrani