FX‘s new Cold War series The Americans will debut at Mipcom’s World Premiere TV Screenings next month in Cannes. The confab says the Oct. 8 screening will be followed by a Q&A with the leads and production team. Keri Russell, Matthew Rhys and Noah Emmerich star in the period series about the complex marriage of two KGB spies posing as Americans in suburban Washington DC shortly after Ronald Reagan is elected President. Creator Joe Weisberg is exec producer/showrunner, alongside exec producer Graham Yost. Darryl Frank and Justin Falvey of DreamWorks Television, who initially approached Weisberg with the idea, also exec produce. The pilot, directed by Warrior‘s Gavin O’Connor, was picked up to series with a 13-episode order from FX in August. It’s being sold internationally by Twentieth Century Fox Television Distribution. Fox Television Studios president David Madden and FX head of series development & EVP FX productions, Eric Schrier, will also be on hand for the debut. The Americans starts production in October and airs in early 2013.
Mipcom: Spy Drama 'The Americans' To Screen In World Premiere
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Unveils Unscripted Slate With 6 New & 18 Returning Series; More 'Real Housewives' & 'Vanderpump Rules'
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir 'Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?' For TV
Latest TV News
- Jesse Eisenberg To Star In, Write & Direct Comedy TV Series In Works At Bad Robot
- Sharon Vuong Upped To Head Of Alternative Programming At CBS
- Eurovision 2017 To Air in the US On Logo
- ‘People Of Earth’: Nasim Pedrad Joins TBS Comedy For Season 2
- OddLot Ups Rachel Shane To Chief Creative Officer, Hires Adrian Alperovich As COO
- A&E Doubles Down On Nonfiction, Exits Scripted In Programming Strategy Shift