Michael Fassbender just made a pit-stop in Venice before resuming shooting today on Ridley Scott’s The Counselor in London. Now comes word the actor has become attached to Lenny Abrahamson’s Frank. The comedy follows a young wannabe musician played by Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows‘ Domhnall Gleeson, who finds he’s bitten off more than he can chew when he joins an eccentric pop band led by Fassbender’s mysterious Frank. The film is scripted by Jon Ronson, author of The Men Who Stare At Goats, and Peter Straughan who wrote the screenplay for that film as well as for Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. Shooting starts later this year. The Runaway Fridge/Element Pictures co-production will be produced by David Barron, Ed Guiney and Stevie Lee. The UK’s Film4 is co-financing with the Irish Film Board. Exec producers for Film4 are Tessa Ross and Katherine Butler and Element Pictures’ Andrew Lowe. Protagonist has international sales. Abrahamson’s latest picture, What Richard Did, premieres in Toronto.
Michael Fassbender Attached To Lenny Abrahamson Comedy 'Frank'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Shia LaBeouf, Lucas Hedges To Star In ‘Honey Boy’
- ‘Augie’ Review: Fitness Giant’s ALS Struggle Makes For Moving Love Story
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- Female Director Scorecard: MGM’s ‘Taking Flight,’ Others In Wings
- Disney CEO Bob Iger Could Earn Up To $423 Million In Compensation, Advisory Firm Says