EXCLUSIVE: Sought-after pilot director Marc Buckland is venturing into his own development with an hourlong project, which has sold to NBC through Universal TV. Titled This Thing Called Love, it is described as a comedic documentary that explores the minutae of modern relationships through the eyes of several very disparate couples. Buckland will write, direct and executive produce under his development deal with Universal TV. Under the pact, Buckland made his pilot-writing debut last season with single-camera comedy RIP, which also was set up at NBC. Both pilots Buckland directed for NBC the past two seasons — drama Grimm and comedy Next Caller Please — went to series. His directing work on the pilot for another NBC series, single-camera comedy My Name Is Earl, earned him an Emmy. ICM Partners-repped Buckland is currently helming single-camera comedy pilot Paging Dr. Freed for NBC sibling USA Network.
Marc Buckland Sells Relationship Comedic Drama To NBC
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest TV News
- Tara Lipinski, Johnny Weir & Terry Gannon To Host Olympics Closing Ceremony
- eOne Teams With Vicky Jones & Phoebe Waller-Bridge On Romantic Comedy Thriller Series ‘Run’
- ‘Taskmaster’ Bumper Order; Pro7 CEO; London LGBTQ+ Film Festival – Global Briefs
- Electric Ray Developing UK Version Of CTV’s ‘The Launch’ After Distribution Deal with Sony Pictures Television
- Olympics Commentator Goes Wild After Kikkan Randall And Jessie Diggins Win Cross-Country Gold
- Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.