EXCLUSIVE: Sought-after pilot director Marc Buckland is venturing into his own development with an hourlong project, which has sold to NBC through Universal TV. Titled This Thing Called Love, it is described as a comedic documentary that explores the minutae of modern relationships through the eyes of several very disparate couples. Buckland will write, direct and executive produce under his development deal with Universal TV. Under the pact, Buckland made his pilot-writing debut last season with single-camera comedy RIP, which also was set up at NBC. Both pilots Buckland directed for NBC the past two seasons — drama Grimm and comedy Next Caller Please — went to series. His directing work on the pilot for another NBC series, single-camera comedy My Name Is Earl, earned him an Emmy. ICM Partners-repped Buckland is currently helming single-camera comedy pilot Paging Dr. Freed for NBC sibling USA Network.
Marc Buckland Sells Relationship Comedic Drama To NBC
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- HBO Developing Musical Comedy From Bruce Eric Kaplan
- Mark Burnett & Roma Downey Producing Guardian Angels Drama For NBC
- Ellen Pompeo To Produce Cop Drama For ABC
- Astronaut Family Comedy Lands At ABC With Pilot Production Commitment
- Bow Wow To Co-Star In CBS' 'CSI: Cyber'
- TBS To Air First Season Of CBS Comedy 'Mom'