EXCLUSIVE: Katee Sackhoff is joining Oculus, the horror movie from Intrepid Pictures that already has cast Dr Who sidekick Karen Gillan in the lead role. The plot begins a decade after a terrifying family incident left two young children orphans. Although her brother was charged with murder, Kaylie (Gillan) is convinced a haunted antique mirror is the real perpetrator and years later wants to prove that the mirror was responsible for destroying their family. Sackhoff, who stars on A&E’s Longmire, will play Marie, the mother to a younger version of Kaylie. Director Mike Flanagan co-wrote the script with Jeff Howard, and FilmDistrict is distributing in the U.S. It’s going to be a busy 2013 for Sackhoff: The former Battlestar Galactica star will also appear in the Chronicles Of Riddick sequel, Sexy Evil Genius and The Haunting In Georgia. She is repped by the Gersh Agency and managed by Bleu.
'Longmire's Katee Sackhoff Joins 'Oculus'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Downton Abbey' Finale: Exec Producer Gareth Neame On Allen Leech & Lily James' Future, Season 7 & That Proposal
John Oliver Sexes Up '60 Minutes' Report On Nation's Crumbling Infrastructure With Ed Norton And Steve Buscemi
More From Patten
- ‘Battle Creek’ Review: Vince Gilligan’s Old Script Witty Addition To CBS’ Sunday, Says Dominic Patten
- 6;Last Man Standing’ & ‘Cristela’ Ratings Up, ‘Hawaii Five-O’ Down,’ ‘Glee…
- Kelly Osbourne Exits ‘Fashion Police’
- Obama On Leonard Nimoy: “I Loved Spock”
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 Key Art Unveiled – New Horizons
- ‘The Last Man On Earth’ Review: Will Forte Show Funny & Original, Says Dominic Patten