EXCLUSIVE: Katee Sackhoff is joining Oculus, the horror movie from Intrepid Pictures that already has cast Dr Who sidekick Karen Gillan in the lead role. The plot begins a decade after a terrifying family incident left two young children orphans. Although her brother was charged with murder, Kaylie (Gillan) is convinced a haunted antique mirror is the real perpetrator and years later wants to prove that the mirror was responsible for destroying their family. Sackhoff, who stars on A&E’s Longmire, will play Marie, the mother to a younger version of Kaylie. Director Mike Flanagan co-wrote the script with Jeff Howard, and FilmDistrict is distributing in the U.S. It’s going to be a busy 2013 for Sackhoff: The former Battlestar Galactica star will also appear in the Chronicles Of Riddick sequel, Sexy Evil Genius and The Haunting In Georgia. She is repped by the Gersh Agency and managed by Bleu.
'Longmire's Katee Sackhoff Joins 'Oculus'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Hitman's Bodyguard' Shooting Toward $19M-$20M; 'Logan Lucky' Not So Fortunate With $7M-$8M - Midday Update
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
Barcelona Terrorist Investigation Grows As Police Thwart Second Attack; 14 Dead, 100+ Hurt In Broad Plot - Update
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
Latest Film News
- Roman Polanski Denied Dismissal Of 1977 Rape Case
- Sony Pictures Hires Exec From Focus, Promotes Another Prior To Toronto
- David Mackenzie’s ‘Outlaw King’ Adds Billy Howle
- Dale Spina Dies: Ad Exec Worked On Warner Bros.’ ‘Batman,’ ‘Chariots Of Fire’
- ‘Hitman’s Bodyguard’ Shooting Toward $19M-$20M; ‘Logan Lucky’ Not So Fortunate With $7M-$8M…
- Another Presidential Council, This One Focused On The Arts, Quits On Donald Trump