EXCLUSIVE: Katee Sackhoff is joining Oculus, the horror movie from Intrepid Pictures that already has cast Dr Who sidekick Karen Gillan in the lead role. The plot begins a decade after a terrifying family incident left two young children orphans. Although her brother was charged with murder, Kaylie (Gillan) is convinced a haunted antique mirror is the real perpetrator and years later wants to prove that the mirror was responsible for destroying their family. Sackhoff, who stars on A&E’s Longmire, will play Marie, the mother to a younger version of Kaylie. Director Mike Flanagan co-wrote the script with Jeff Howard, and FilmDistrict is distributing in the U.S. It’s going to be a busy 2013 for Sackhoff: The former Battlestar Galactica star will also appear in the Chronicles Of Riddick sequel, Sexy Evil Genius and The Haunting In Georgia. She is repped by the Gersh Agency and managed by Bleu.
'Longmire's Katee Sackhoff Joins 'Oculus'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Patten
- Animation Studios Lawsuit Wants Judge Who Scuttled Apple Settlement To Preside
- 'Dungeons & Dragons' Movie Rights Trial Starts With Roll Of The Sequel Dice
- UPDATE: ESPN's 'Monday Night Football' Rises In Week Two Of NFL Season
- Gov. Brown Likely To Sign Film & TV Tax Credit Expansion This Week
- FX's 'Sons Of Anarchy' Final Season Premiere Soars In Live+3 Ratings
- RATINGS RAT RACE UPDATE: NBC's 'Sunday Night Football' Down, 'Miss America' & 'American Dad' Fall