EXCLUSIVE: Katee Sackhoff is joining Oculus, the horror movie from Intrepid Pictures that already has cast Dr Who sidekick Karen Gillan in the lead role. The plot begins a decade after a terrifying family incident left two young children orphans. Although her brother was charged with murder, Kaylie (Gillan) is convinced a haunted antique mirror is the real perpetrator and years later wants to prove that the mirror was responsible for destroying their family. Sackhoff, who stars on A&E’s Longmire, will play Marie, the mother to a younger version of Kaylie. Director Mike Flanagan co-wrote the script with Jeff Howard, and FilmDistrict is distributing in the U.S. It’s going to be a busy 2013 for Sackhoff: The former Battlestar Galactica star will also appear in the Chronicles Of Riddick sequel, Sexy Evil Genius and The Haunting In Georgia. She is repped by the Gersh Agency and managed by Bleu.
'Longmire's Katee Sackhoff Joins 'Oculus'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Josh Duhamel To Make Directing Debut On WWE Studios’ ‘The Buddy Games’
- ‘Fahrenheit 451’: Laura Harrier Cast As Millie In HBO Movie
- ‘War For The Planet Of The Apes’ Review: All Hail Caesar In Summer’s Crown Jewel Blockbuster
- MRC’s Modi Wiczyk Explains Risks Of Summer Originals ‘Baby Driver’ And ‘The Dark Tower’
- ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ Rises To $199M Overseas, $267M+ Global Bow – International Box Office
- ‘The Conjuring 3’ Is Summoned By New Line; David Leslie Johnson Hired To Script