EXCLUSIVE: Katee Sackhoff is joining Oculus, the horror movie from Intrepid Pictures that already has cast Dr Who sidekick Karen Gillan in the lead role. The plot begins a decade after a terrifying family incident left two young children orphans. Although her brother was charged with murder, Kaylie (Gillan) is convinced a haunted antique mirror is the real perpetrator and years later wants to prove that the mirror was responsible for destroying their family. Sackhoff, who stars on A&E’s Longmire, will play Marie, the mother to a younger version of Kaylie. Director Mike Flanagan co-wrote the script with Jeff Howard, and FilmDistrict is distributing in the U.S. It’s going to be a busy 2013 for Sackhoff: The former Battlestar Galactica star will also appear in the Chronicles Of Riddick sequel, Sexy Evil Genius and The Haunting In Georgia. She is repped by the Gersh Agency and managed by Bleu.
'Longmire's Katee Sackhoff Joins 'Oculus'
Trending Now on Deadline
Oscar Watch: From Aniston To Bening To Rowlands Best Actress Dark Horses Make Their Move In "Thin" Field
More From Patten
- 'Constantine' Ratings Rise, 'Last Man Standing' Down, 'Shark Tank' Up, 'Blue Bloods' Even; ABC Wins Night In Demo
- Latin Grammy Ratings: Preempted By Obama Speech, Univision Broadcast Steady With 2013
- 'Hello Ladies – The Movie' Review: Dominic Patten Says Goodbye To HBO Show
- Disney Hit With New Lawsuits By Kids With Autism; Many More Expected
- 'American Idol' $250M Racism Case Dismissed, Win For Fox
- 'Lost Songs: The Basement Tapes Continued' Review: Dominic Patten On Dylan Homage