EXCLUSIVE: Katee Sackhoff is joining Oculus, the horror movie from Intrepid Pictures that already has cast Dr Who sidekick Karen Gillan in the lead role. The plot begins a decade after a terrifying family incident left two young children orphans. Although her brother was charged with murder, Kaylie (Gillan) is convinced a haunted antique mirror is the real perpetrator and years later wants to prove that the mirror was responsible for destroying their family. Sackhoff, who stars on A&E’s Longmire, will play Marie, the mother to a younger version of Kaylie. Director Mike Flanagan co-wrote the script with Jeff Howard, and FilmDistrict is distributing in the U.S. It’s going to be a busy 2013 for Sackhoff: The former Battlestar Galactica star will also appear in the Chronicles Of Riddick sequel, Sexy Evil Genius and The Haunting In Georgia. She is repped by the Gersh Agency and managed by Bleu.
'Longmire's Katee Sackhoff Joins 'Oculus'
What's Hot on Deadline
Red Nose Day Actually: 'Love Actually' Short-Film Sequel With Hugh Grant, Keira Knightley, Bill Nighy & More
Latest Film News
- TWC Schedules ‘Paddington 2’ For Wide Release
- Paramount Nudges ‘Sherlock Gnomes’ To Later Release Date
- Which Festival Debuts In The South Of France Might Travel All The Way To Oscar? — Cannes
- Emma Booth Cast In Universal’s ‘Extinction’; Andy Buckley Horror Indie ‘All Light Will End’
- XYZ Films Spotlights Undiscovered International Talent — Deadline Disruptors
- The Horse’s Mouth 8: The Importance Of Feeling Important