EXCLUSIVE: Katee Sackhoff is joining Oculus, the horror movie from Intrepid Pictures that already has cast Dr Who sidekick Karen Gillan in the lead role. The plot begins a decade after a terrifying family incident left two young children orphans. Although her brother was charged with murder, Kaylie (Gillan) is convinced a haunted antique mirror is the real perpetrator and years later wants to prove that the mirror was responsible for destroying their family. Sackhoff, who stars on A&E’s Longmire, will play Marie, the mother to a younger version of Kaylie. Director Mike Flanagan co-wrote the script with Jeff Howard, and FilmDistrict is distributing in the U.S. It’s going to be a busy 2013 for Sackhoff: The former Battlestar Galactica star will also appear in the Chronicles Of Riddick sequel, Sexy Evil Genius and The Haunting In Georgia. She is repped by the Gersh Agency and managed by Bleu.
'Longmire's Katee Sackhoff Joins 'Oculus'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fear The Walking Dead' Finale: Gale Anne Hurd On Season 2, 'Walking Dead' Season 6 & No Zombie Apocalypse Crossover
Latest Film News
- George Lopez To Star In ‘Aloha Santa’; Hope Davis Joins ‘Claire’
- ‘Triple 9’ Redband Trailer: Cops, Robbers, Bloodshed, Nudity
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Fonda, Blanchett, Lionel Richie & Oscars For Sale To The Highest Bidder
- Feds Officially Probing Hollywood’s Lack Of Female Directors
- Cannes Hits ‘Son Of Saul’, ‘Ingrid Bergman In Her Own Words’ Score In Gotham: New York Film Festival
- Larry Brezner Dies: Longtime Manager And Producer Was 73