EXCLUSIVE: Katee Sackhoff is joining Oculus, the horror movie from Intrepid Pictures that already has cast Dr Who sidekick Karen Gillan in the lead role. The plot begins a decade after a terrifying family incident left two young children orphans. Although her brother was charged with murder, Kaylie (Gillan) is convinced a haunted antique mirror is the real perpetrator and years later wants to prove that the mirror was responsible for destroying their family. Sackhoff, who stars on A&E’s Longmire, will play Marie, the mother to a younger version of Kaylie. Director Mike Flanagan co-wrote the script with Jeff Howard, and FilmDistrict is distributing in the U.S. It’s going to be a busy 2013 for Sackhoff: The former Battlestar Galactica star will also appear in the Chronicles Of Riddick sequel, Sexy Evil Genius and The Haunting In Georgia. She is repped by the Gersh Agency and managed by Bleu.
'Longmire's Katee Sackhoff Joins 'Oculus'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Patten
- RATINGS RAT RACE: MDA Telethon Even, 'Big Brother' Down & 'Reckless' Surges As CBS Wins Night
- UPDATED: MPAA Weighs In; Action! California Senate Overwhelmingly Passes $330M Film & TV Tax Credit Expansion
- ICM Partners Trying To Head Off Interns' Class Action Lawsuit
- RATINGS RAT RACE: NFL Preseason Preemptions Tackle Primetime
- RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Extant' & 'Motive' Finale Up, 'SYTYCD' Surges, 'America's Got Talent' Steady
- Disney Faces More Heat As Autistic Kids Lawsuit Looks To Expand