EXCLUSIVE: Katee Sackhoff is joining Oculus, the horror movie from Intrepid Pictures that already has cast Dr Who sidekick Karen Gillan in the lead role. The plot begins a decade after a terrifying family incident left two young children orphans. Although her brother was charged with murder, Kaylie (Gillan) is convinced a haunted antique mirror is the real perpetrator and years later wants to prove that the mirror was responsible for destroying their family. Sackhoff, who stars on A&E’s Longmire, will play Marie, the mother to a younger version of Kaylie. Director Mike Flanagan co-wrote the script with Jeff Howard, and FilmDistrict is distributing in the U.S. It’s going to be a busy 2013 for Sackhoff: The former Battlestar Galactica star will also appear in the Chronicles Of Riddick sequel, Sexy Evil Genius and The Haunting In Georgia. She is repped by the Gersh Agency and managed by Bleu.
'Longmire's Katee Sackhoff Joins 'Oculus'
What's Hot on Deadline
PGA Awards: 'Birdman' Wins Top Film Prize, 'Breaking Bad' Takes Drama Trophy & 'Orange Is The New Black' Nabs Comedy
'American Sniper' Praised By Michael Moore; Calls Bradley Cooper's Performance "One Of The Best Of The Year" - Update
More From Patten
- Eli Roth Talks “Great Thrill” Of Sundance Debut & Keanu Reeves Joining ‘Knock Knock’ – Video
- Ethan Hawke At Sundance: Talks 'Boyhood', "Studios Are Making Less & Less Movies" & What Audiences Want To See…
- ‘A Walk In The Woods’ Gala Evokes Paul Newman & “Generosity” – Sundance
- Ted Sarandos At Sundance: Netflix “Isn’t Anti-Theaters, Just Pro-Movies”, Talks Oscars & ‘The Interview’…
- Netflix Makes 4-Pic Pact With Duplass Brothers – Sundance