EXCLUSIVE: Katee Sackhoff is joining Oculus, the horror movie from Intrepid Pictures that already has cast Dr Who sidekick Karen Gillan in the lead role. The plot begins a decade after a terrifying family incident left two young children orphans. Although her brother was charged with murder, Kaylie (Gillan) is convinced a haunted antique mirror is the real perpetrator and years later wants to prove that the mirror was responsible for destroying their family. Sackhoff, who stars on A&E’s Longmire, will play Marie, the mother to a younger version of Kaylie. Director Mike Flanagan co-wrote the script with Jeff Howard, and FilmDistrict is distributing in the U.S. It’s going to be a busy 2013 for Sackhoff: The former Battlestar Galactica star will also appear in the Chronicles Of Riddick sequel, Sexy Evil Genius and The Haunting In Georgia. She is repped by the Gersh Agency and managed by Bleu.
'Longmire's Katee Sackhoff Joins 'Oculus'
What's Hot on Deadline
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
PGA Awards: 'The Shape Of Water' Wins Outstanding Producer; 'Handmaid's Tale', 'Mrs. Maisel' Tops In TV - Full Winners List
'SNL' Highlights: Stormy Does Update, Robert Mueller Bursts At Seams, Jessica Chastain Hosts Anti-Trump Game Show
White House Correspondent April Ryan Tells CNN News Organizations Have Police "On Speed Dial" For Death Threats
Latest Film News
- SAG Awards Analysis: ‘Three Billboards’ Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC’s ‘This Is Us’ Shakes…
- SAG Awards Backstage: Allison Janney Calls #MeToo Movement “Watershed Moment” For Hollywood
- SAG Awards: ‘Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri’ Wins For Film Ensemble – Complete Winners List
- Ashley Judd Seeks Gender Parity At WME & ‘Berlin Station’ – Sundance Film Festival
- Ethan Hawke Talks Sundance Memories, Directing ‘Blaze’ & Outlaw Country
- ‘Dark Money’ Exclusive Clip: Feature Doc Premieres At Sundance Tomorrow