EXCLUSIVE: Katee Sackhoff is joining Oculus, the horror movie from Intrepid Pictures that already has cast Dr Who sidekick Karen Gillan in the lead role. The plot begins a decade after a terrifying family incident left two young children orphans. Although her brother was charged with murder, Kaylie (Gillan) is convinced a haunted antique mirror is the real perpetrator and years later wants to prove that the mirror was responsible for destroying their family. Sackhoff, who stars on A&E’s Longmire, will play Marie, the mother to a younger version of Kaylie. Director Mike Flanagan co-wrote the script with Jeff Howard, and FilmDistrict is distributing in the U.S. It’s going to be a busy 2013 for Sackhoff: The former Battlestar Galactica star will also appear in the Chronicles Of Riddick sequel, Sexy Evil Genius and The Haunting In Georgia. She is repped by the Gersh Agency and managed by Bleu.
'Longmire's Katee Sackhoff Joins 'Oculus'
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest Film News
- Lionsgate’s Newly Branded Studio L Announces Debut Slate Of Digital Content
- Study: Hollywood Films Had Fewer Female Good Guys In 2017
- Idris Elba Eyes More Directorial Projects Following European Launch Of ‘Yardie’ – Berlin
- Jennifer Lawrence Blasts “Predator” Harvey Weinstein For Dredging Up Old Compliments
- Saudi Arabia To Invest $64 Billion In Entertainment Sector
- Karen Elliott Named VP Music Production At Warner Bros Pictures