EXCLUSIVE: Katee Sackhoff is joining Oculus, the horror movie from Intrepid Pictures that already has cast Dr Who sidekick Karen Gillan in the lead role. The plot begins a decade after a terrifying family incident left two young children orphans. Although her brother was charged with murder, Kaylie (Gillan) is convinced a haunted antique mirror is the real perpetrator and years later wants to prove that the mirror was responsible for destroying their family. Sackhoff, who stars on A&E’s Longmire, will play Marie, the mother to a younger version of Kaylie. Director Mike Flanagan co-wrote the script with Jeff Howard, and FilmDistrict is distributing in the U.S. It’s going to be a busy 2013 for Sackhoff: The former Battlestar Galactica star will also appear in the Chronicles Of Riddick sequel, Sexy Evil Genius and The Haunting In Georgia. She is repped by the Gersh Agency and managed by Bleu.
'Longmire's Katee Sackhoff Joins 'Oculus'
What's Hot on Deadline
Veteran ‘Criminal Minds’, Comedies 'Life In Pieces' & ‘Kevin Can Wait’ Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
'The Equalizer 2' Trailer: Denzel Washington Returns As Justice-Seeker In Antoine Fuqua Action Thriller
Cannes Adds Lars Von Trier, Whitney Houston Doc, Michael B. Jordan Sci-Fi, Terry Gilliam's 'Don Quixote', More
Latest Film News
- ‘Tully’ Director Jason Reitman On Working With Charlize Theron & Diablo Cody: ‘We’re Strangely Writing This Diary Together’…
- Bill Cosby Trial Could Be Sent To Jury Early Next Week
- ‘Songwriter’ Director Murray Cummings On Evolution In Ed Sheeran’s Songwriting Process — Tribeca Studio
- Peter Bart: Scaling Up Through Mergers No Fun Anymore For Moguls
- Ethan Hawke & Noomi Rapace Learn True Meaning Of ‘Stockholm’ Syndrome — Tribeca Studio
- ‘Old Man & The Gun’ Gets Release Date From Fox Searchlight