EXCLUSIVE: Katee Sackhoff is joining Oculus, the horror movie from Intrepid Pictures that already has cast Dr Who sidekick Karen Gillan in the lead role. The plot begins a decade after a terrifying family incident left two young children orphans. Although her brother was charged with murder, Kaylie (Gillan) is convinced a haunted antique mirror is the real perpetrator and years later wants to prove that the mirror was responsible for destroying their family. Sackhoff, who stars on A&E’s Longmire, will play Marie, the mother to a younger version of Kaylie. Director Mike Flanagan co-wrote the script with Jeff Howard, and FilmDistrict is distributing in the U.S. It’s going to be a busy 2013 for Sackhoff: The former Battlestar Galactica star will also appear in the Chronicles Of Riddick sequel, Sexy Evil Genius and The Haunting In Georgia. She is repped by the Gersh Agency and managed by Bleu.
'Longmire's Katee Sackhoff Joins 'Oculus'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- BAFTA Breakthrough Brits Opened Up; Ben-Hur Races To Cinecitta: Global Briefs
- OddLot Bags Spec ‘Septillion To One’
- ‘Power Of The Dog’ Author Don Winslow Firms Sequel Book And Movie Plans
- Matt Lanter Boards ‘USS Indianapolis’ With Nicholas Cage; Two More Jump In ‘The Lake’
- Bill Block Slams “Ridiculous” QED Infringement Lawsuit
- ‘The Gift’ Trailer: Joel Edgerton’s Directing Debut Might Make You Rethink Nostalgia