EXCLUSIVE: Katee Sackhoff is joining Oculus, the horror movie from Intrepid Pictures that already has cast Dr Who sidekick Karen Gillan in the lead role. The plot begins a decade after a terrifying family incident left two young children orphans. Although her brother was charged with murder, Kaylie (Gillan) is convinced a haunted antique mirror is the real perpetrator and years later wants to prove that the mirror was responsible for destroying their family. Sackhoff, who stars on A&E’s Longmire, will play Marie, the mother to a younger version of Kaylie. Director Mike Flanagan co-wrote the script with Jeff Howard, and FilmDistrict is distributing in the U.S. It’s going to be a busy 2013 for Sackhoff: The former Battlestar Galactica star will also appear in the Chronicles Of Riddick sequel, Sexy Evil Genius and The Haunting In Georgia. She is repped by the Gersh Agency and managed by Bleu.
'Longmire's Katee Sackhoff Joins 'Oculus'
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest Film News
- Damien Chazelle’s ‘La La Land’, An Ode To Musicals, Romance & L.A., Ready To Launch Venice And…
- Karen Gillan Game For Big Role In ‘Jumanji’
- Warren Beatty’s ‘Rules Don’t Apply’ To World Premiere As AFI Fest Opening Night
- Former Paramount & Disney Exec Named CEO Of China-Based Alpha Animation
- Austin Film Festival Lines Up Writers Conference, Packs In A-List Talent From Film and TV
- Jack Reynor, James Franco, Zoe Kravitz, Dennis Quaid Topline Sci-Fi ‘Kin’