Lionsgate is pushing back the release of its I, Frankenstein to September 13, 2013. That makes room for Summit‘s Dwayne Johnson-starrer Snitch, which has now been set for Frankenstein‘s original date of February 22, 2013. The Ric Roman Waugh-directed Snitch stars Johnson in action mode as a father whose teenage son is wrongly accused of a drug crime and is looking at a mandatory 10-year sentence. Desperate to rescue his son at all costs, he makes a deal with the U.S. Attorney to work as an undercover informant and infiltrate a drug cartel on a dangerous mission. Susan Sarandon, Benjamain Bratt and Barry Pepper co-star in the pic inspired by true events. Frankenstein stars Aaron Eckhart, Bill Nighy and Yvonne Strahovski in the CG-rich tale, based on the graphic novel, about the monster in present day who finds himself in the middle of a war between two immortal clans. Stuart Beattie directed.
Lionsgate Dates Dwayne Johnson's 'Snitch', Moves 'I Frankenstein'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sylvester Stallone & Antoine Fuqua Plot TV Series 'Omerta,' 'The Godfather' Author Mario Puzo's Last Novel
Latest Film News
- AMC Entertainment CEO Says Carmike Deal On Track, Likely With Divestitures
- A Call To Action As Chaiken, Berlanti Honored at Inaugural Alliance of Women Directors Awards
- Invincible Smuggles ‘Yoga Hosers’ Across The Border With Wide Release & Limited Tour
- ‘The Nice Guys’ Extremely Accurate 70s Retro Trailer: Like A Hug From A Pet Rock
- Cohen Film Nabs Landmark ‘Daughters Of The Dust’ With Re-Release Planned For Fall – Cannes
- Lionsgate Sets Release Date For Ewan McGregor’s Directorial Debut ‘American Pastoral’