Lionsgate is pushing back the release of its I, Frankenstein to September 13, 2013. That makes room for Summit‘s Dwayne Johnson-starrer Snitch, which has now been set for Frankenstein‘s original date of February 22, 2013. The Ric Roman Waugh-directed Snitch stars Johnson in action mode as a father whose teenage son is wrongly accused of a drug crime and is looking at a mandatory 10-year sentence. Desperate to rescue his son at all costs, he makes a deal with the U.S. Attorney to work as an undercover informant and infiltrate a drug cartel on a dangerous mission. Susan Sarandon, Benjamain Bratt and Barry Pepper co-star in the pic inspired by true events. Frankenstein stars Aaron Eckhart, Bill Nighy and Yvonne Strahovski in the CG-rich tale, based on the graphic novel, about the monster in present day who finds himself in the middle of a war between two immortal clans. Stuart Beattie directed.
Lionsgate Dates Dwayne Johnson's 'Snitch', Moves 'I Frankenstein'
What's Hot on Deadline
‘Boyhood’, 'Grand Budapest', 'Lego Movie' Score Big At 65th ACE Eddie Awards -- Complete Winners List
Bryan Cranston & David Shore's ‘Sneaky Pete’, Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
More From Team
- HBO Nabs ‘3 1/2 Minutes’ Documentary From Participant Media — Sundance
- Fox’s Lines Up Super Bowl Ad For ‘Kingsman: The Secret Service’ – Video
- Sony Nabs Rights To Sci-Fi Comic Book Series ‘Descender’
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Official Season 5 Trailer
- Fairuza Balk & Shree Crooks Join Showtime Drama ‘Ray Donovan’
- Horatio Sanz, Matt Walsh Get The Riot Act: 'A Better You' At SBIFF – Hot Clip