Lionsgate is pushing back the release of its I, Frankenstein to September 13, 2013. That makes room for Summit‘s Dwayne Johnson-starrer Snitch, which has now been set for Frankenstein‘s original date of February 22, 2013. The Ric Roman Waugh-directed Snitch stars Johnson in action mode as a father whose teenage son is wrongly accused of a drug crime and is looking at a mandatory 10-year sentence. Desperate to rescue his son at all costs, he makes a deal with the U.S. Attorney to work as an undercover informant and infiltrate a drug cartel on a dangerous mission. Susan Sarandon, Benjamain Bratt and Barry Pepper co-star in the pic inspired by true events. Frankenstein stars Aaron Eckhart, Bill Nighy and Yvonne Strahovski in the CG-rich tale, based on the graphic novel, about the monster in present day who finds himself in the middle of a war between two immortal clans. Stuart Beattie directed.
Lionsgate Dates Dwayne Johnson's 'Snitch', Moves 'I Frankenstein'
What's Hot on Deadline
'It' Becoming Biggest Horror Pic Ever Beating 'The Exorcist'; 'Annabelle: Creation' Scares Up $100M+
Brian Kilmeade Whines Jimmy Kimmel "Attacked Me" After Being Called "Phony Little Creep" In Health Care Fracas
Latest Film News
- The Deadline Podcast: “Fired Directors”, With Guest Ted Kotcheff
- Tom Hanks To Star In ‘A Man Called Ove’ Remake
- Wes Anderson’s ‘Isle Of Dogs’ Trailer Is Most Fetching
- Samuel Goldwyn Films Acquires NA Rights To ‘Sweet Country’
- Disney Intl Names Rebecca Campbell President For Europe, Middle East & Africa
- ‘Poster Boy’: David Parfitt Producing Story Of 1930s Tennis Ace Gottfried Von Cramm