Lionsgate is pushing back the release of its I, Frankenstein to September 13, 2013. That makes room for Summit‘s Dwayne Johnson-starrer Snitch, which has now been set for Frankenstein‘s original date of February 22, 2013. The Ric Roman Waugh-directed Snitch stars Johnson in action mode as a father whose teenage son is wrongly accused of a drug crime and is looking at a mandatory 10-year sentence. Desperate to rescue his son at all costs, he makes a deal with the U.S. Attorney to work as an undercover informant and infiltrate a drug cartel on a dangerous mission. Susan Sarandon, Benjamain Bratt and Barry Pepper co-star in the pic inspired by true events. Frankenstein stars Aaron Eckhart, Bill Nighy and Yvonne Strahovski in the CG-rich tale, based on the graphic novel, about the monster in present day who finds himself in the middle of a war between two immortal clans. Stuart Beattie directed.
Lionsgate Dates Dwayne Johnson's 'Snitch', Moves 'I Frankenstein'
What's Hot on Deadline
'X-Men: Apocalypse' Firing Off $90M, 'Alice' Taking A Spill With $40M Over 4-Day Memorial Day Holiday - Noon Update
Daniel Craig And Katherine Heigl Finalizing Deals To Join Steven Soderbergh's 'Logan Lucky' As James Bond News Surfaces
Latest Film News
- Viacom’s Battle With Sumner Redstone Could Hurt Credit, S&P Says
- ‘Carnage Park’ Gets Summer Release Date From IFC Midnight
- Johnny Depp’s Wife Amber Heard Granted Restraining Order As Disney’s ‘Alice’ 2 Bows
- Thora Birch, Johnny Knoxville Join Phillip Noyce’s ‘Above Suspicion’
- ‘Warcraft’ Game With $9.3M Start In Early Offshore Openings – Intl Box Office
- Angela Paton Dies: ‘Groundhog Day’ Actress Was 86