Lionsgate is pushing back the release of its I, Frankenstein to September 13, 2013. That makes room for Summit‘s Dwayne Johnson-starrer Snitch, which has now been set for Frankenstein‘s original date of February 22, 2013. The Ric Roman Waugh-directed Snitch stars Johnson in action mode as a father whose teenage son is wrongly accused of a drug crime and is looking at a mandatory 10-year sentence. Desperate to rescue his son at all costs, he makes a deal with the U.S. Attorney to work as an undercover informant and infiltrate a drug cartel on a dangerous mission. Susan Sarandon, Benjamain Bratt and Barry Pepper co-star in the pic inspired by true events. Frankenstein stars Aaron Eckhart, Bill Nighy and Yvonne Strahovski in the CG-rich tale, based on the graphic novel, about the monster in present day who finds himself in the middle of a war between two immortal clans. Stuart Beattie directed.
Lionsgate Dates Dwayne Johnson's 'Snitch', Moves 'I Frankenstein'
What's Hot on Deadline
Relativity Changes Coming Fast Today -- Sports Division Head And Co-Chief Out; Ron Burkle Takes Over
'Fresh Off The Boat' Inches Up As Fox Comedies & 'The Muppets' Drop; The CW Fall Kickoff OK With 'The Flash', 'iZombie'
Latest Film News
- Nielsen’s NRG Takers Slimming As New Tracking Measures Unveiled
- Chantal Akerman Will Be Remembered At ‘No Home Movie’ Screening – New York Film Festival
- Kevin Corcoran Dies: ‘Old Yeller’ Actor And TV Producer Was 66
- ‘Pali Road’ First Look: Missing Memories On Hawaii’s Haunted Highway
- Relativity Changes Coming Fast Today — Sports Division Head And Co-Chief Out; Ron Burkle Takes Over
- Edie Falco Set For Biopic ‘Megan Leavey’