Lionsgate is pushing back the release of its I, Frankenstein to September 13, 2013. That makes room for Summit‘s Dwayne Johnson-starrer Snitch, which has now been set for Frankenstein‘s original date of February 22, 2013. The Ric Roman Waugh-directed Snitch stars Johnson in action mode as a father whose teenage son is wrongly accused of a drug crime and is looking at a mandatory 10-year sentence. Desperate to rescue his son at all costs, he makes a deal with the U.S. Attorney to work as an undercover informant and infiltrate a drug cartel on a dangerous mission. Susan Sarandon, Benjamain Bratt and Barry Pepper co-star in the pic inspired by true events. Frankenstein stars Aaron Eckhart, Bill Nighy and Yvonne Strahovski in the CG-rich tale, based on the graphic novel, about the monster in present day who finds himself in the middle of a war between two immortal clans. Stuart Beattie directed.
Lionsgate Dates Dwayne Johnson's 'Snitch', Moves 'I Frankenstein'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- The Orchard Lands Sam Elliott Drama ‘The Hero:’ Sundance
- Rashida Jones Praises Netflix For Backing “Risky” ‘Hot Girls Wanted: Turned On’ Docuseries – Sundance…
- Cancelled Sundance Screenings Get New Slots With Power Back On At Venue – Update
- Alden Ehrenreich, Tye Sheridan And Jack Huston Tap The Trauma Of War With ‘The Yellow Birds’ – Sundance Studio
- Focus Features Mounts ‘Thoroughbred’ For $5M: Sundance
- Neon In Mid-7 Figure NA Rights Deal For ‘Ingrid Goes West’: Sundance