The Sons Of Anarchy creator said online today that the death of one of the show’s actors Johnny Lewis “was a tragic end for an extremely talented guy, who unfortunately had lost his way.” Lewis was found dead yesterday after apparently falling from the roof of a house in LA’s Los Feliz neighborhood. An 81-year-old woman was also found dead in the house, and the LAPD says Lewis is a suspect in her death. The actor was on the FX series for the show’s first two seasons playing Kip “Half Sack” Epps, a prospective member of the Sons of Anarchy Motorcycle Club. His character was killed off at the end of Season 2. “Johnny wasn’t happy on the show,” Kurt Sutter said in an interview at the time. He said today: “I wish I could say I was shocked by the events last night but I was not. I am deeply sorry that an innocent life had to be thrown into his destructive path. Yes, it’s a day of mourning, but it’s also a day of awareness and gratitude, sadly, some of us carry the message by dying,” he added. Lewis also appeared in roles on The O.C. and Criminal Minds.
Kurt Sutter Says Dead ‘Sons Of Anarchy’ Actor “Lost His Way”
What's Hot on Deadline
'Collateral Beauty' Director Alfonso Gomez-Rejon Exits Project Over Creative Differences With Studio
Latest TV News
- ‘Gotham’ EP On Tonight’s Joker Origin Shocker & Honoring The Batman Legacy
- Roger Bart Joins ‘Graves’ On Epix; Tembi Locke In USA Pilot ‘Shooter’
- Harvey Weinstein & BBC Debut ‘War And Peace’ Footage, Talk Future Collaborations – Mipcom
- Does Lionsgate Have Starz In Its Eyes?
- Nancy Drew Drama Series In Works At CBS
- Endemol Shine CEO Defends TV Business: “We Have Never Had It So Good” – Mipcom