The Sons Of Anarchy creator said online today that the death of one of the show’s actors Johnny Lewis “was a tragic end for an extremely talented guy, who unfortunately had lost his way.” Lewis was found dead yesterday after apparently falling from the roof of a house in LA’s Los Feliz neighborhood. An 81-year-old woman was also found dead in the house, and the LAPD says Lewis is a suspect in her death. The actor was on the FX series for the show’s first two seasons playing Kip “Half Sack” Epps, a prospective member of the Sons of Anarchy Motorcycle Club. His character was killed off at the end of Season 2. “Johnny wasn’t happy on the show,” Kurt Sutter said in an interview at the time. He said today: “I wish I could say I was shocked by the events last night but I was not. I am deeply sorry that an innocent life had to be thrown into his destructive path. Yes, it’s a day of mourning, but it’s also a day of awareness and gratitude, sadly, some of us carry the message by dying,” he added. Lewis also appeared in roles on The O.C. and Criminal Minds.
Kurt Sutter Says Dead ‘Sons Of Anarchy’ Actor “Lost His Way”
Trending Now on Deadline
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
FINAL: 'Fury' Wins Box Office War With $23.7M; 'Book Of Life' At $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M+; 'Best Of Me' $10M - B.O. Final
Parents & Frequent Moviegoers Are Desensitized To Violence, Sex In Film; Likely So Is MPAA Ratings Board: Study
More From Patten
- 'The Walking Dead' Ratings Solid In Week 2 Against Peyton Manning & 'SNF' Rebound
- 'Femme Fatales' Actress Loses Legal Move Against Cinemax Late Night Series Producer
- 'Sunday Night Football' Ratings Rise, 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' Up Again, ABC's Night Steady
- 'Sunday Night Football' Ratings Soar Behind Peyton Manning's Record-Breaking TD Pass
- 'Amazing Race' Ratings Surge, 'America's Next Top Model' Falls, 'Cristela' Steady In Week 2 As ABC Wins Night In Demo Again
- 'Foo Fighters: Sonic Highways' Review: Dominic Patten Laments HBO & Dave Grohl's Bad Note