The host of The Daily Show With Jon Stewart posed the question — “When did fact checking and journalism separate?” — to the longtime NBC newsman last night in a discussion about the coverage of the political conventions. Brokaw gamely defends the news networks, who he says have to operate at “warp speed” but still find opportunities to call out politicians whose factual claims “overreach.” Stewart’s response: “‘Overreach’ seems to be the nicest way to say ‘lie’.”
Jon Stewart And Tom Brokaw On Separation Of Fact-Checking And Journalism: Video
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Lieberman
- Does Alibaba Plan To Take Control Of Lionsgate?
- FCC Postpones Auction Of Broadcast TV Spectrum To 2016
- When Will Big Hollywood Studios Aggressively Produce Original Shows For Digital TV?
- AMC Networks And BBC Chiefs On The Future Of BBC America
- AMC Networks Pays $200M For 49.9% Of BBC America
- Amazon Shares Fall After Q3 Losses Exceed Expectations