BREAKING… The Kung Fu Panda director has come aboard Sherlock Gnomes, the 3D animated sequel to last year’s Disney-released Gnomeo & Juliet. Elton John‘s Rocket Pictures is producing again with the first movie’s co-writers Andy Riley and Kevin Cecil also back for the follow-up, which centers on the characters from the first movie enlisting the help of a famous gnome-detective in solving the sinister disappearance of gnomes from the suburban gardens of England. “John has the perfect sensibility for this movie, together with the vision to build on the first film to create a distinctive, fresh and action-packed adventure,” said Rocket CEO and producer Steve Hamilton Shaw. Stevenson is repped by CAA. Elton John is writing original music for the movie, which is now set to begin production early next year. Rocket Pictures, repped by UTA, also said today that it has hired former Walt Disney Animation production head Carolyn Soper to help oversee production on the pic, working alongside Hamilton Shaw as the company ramps up its animation ambitions. Rocket’s David Furnish and Elton John are also producing.
John Stevenson Tapped To Direct 'Gnomeo & Juliet' Sequel 'Sherlock Gnomes'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Coco' Mints $12M+ Wednesday & Fights 'Justice League' For No. 1 Over Thanksgiving Stretch With $68M
Latest Film News
- ‘Coco’ Mints $12M+ Wednesday & Fights ‘Justice League’ For No. 1 Over Thanksgiving Stretch With $68M
- ‘Dunkirk’ Sound Editor Richard King On Immersing An Audience In A Pivotal WWII Moment
- Andrew Garfield On ‘Breathe’: “It Wasn’t An Acting Challenge, It Was A Living Challenge” – The Contenders…
- Jude Law In Negotiations To Join Cast Of ‘Captain Marvel’
- ‘The Big Sick’: Emily V. Gordon On Turning Life Into Art & How The Film Got Its Title
- 'Cries From Syria' Director Evgeny Afineevsky Defends Use Of Acquired Video For His Harrowing Doc