EXCLUSIVE: Law & Order alum Jesse L. Martin is returning to NBC with a recurring role on the network’s musical drama Smash. He will play Scott Welker, an Artistic Director of a theater company who has history with a couple of the characters, and I hear he may get involved with Debra Messing’s Julia. Martin is one of several high-profile recurring guest stars on the upcoming second season of Smash along with Jennifer Hudson and Sean Hayes. He has strong Broadway credentials joining a show set on Broadway — he was an original cast member of hit musical Rent among other stage roles. Martin, repped by ICM Partners and manager Bob McGowan, was most recently seen in the feature Joyful Noise.
Jesse L. Martin Joins 'Smash' As Recurring
What's Hot on Deadline
Bloomberg Scrubs White House Correspondents' Dinner Party As Donald Trump Vows To "Do Something" About Press
'Nashville' Creator Callie Khouri On Tragic Twist, Its Inevitability & Aftermath And Why Fans Should Keep Watching
Latest TV News
- WGA Members "Ready To Strike" After Round Of Pre-Contract Talks Meetings
- Pondering The Imponderable: How A Restructured Hollywood Would Deal With Striking Writers
- Univision Pulls Ads For Pulse Shooting Show Segment; Club Owner, Mothers, Victims, GLAAD Press Network To Stop ‘Blood Bath…
- Republican Congressman Darrell Issa’s ‘Real Time’ Surprise Call For Special Prosecutor Gains Traction
- ‘The Good Fight’ Adds Nyambi Nyambi As Recurring
- 'American Girl': Gwendoline Yeo To Star In Amazon's Special 'Ivy & Julie 1976: A Happy Balance'