The fall rollout of syndicated shows continued yesterday with the season premieres of veterans Wheel Of Fortune and Jeopardy!. Wheel Of Fortune delivered an average of 6.3 household rating in the metered markets, up 9% over its lead-ins and 15% from its time periods’ September 2011 averages. Jeopardy! posted a 5.9 HH rating, up 16% over its lead-ins and 23% from last year. Both game shows scored far better than any syndicated talk show season/series premieres this fall. Among Adults 25-54, the WOF opener delivered a 1.6 rating in the 25 Local People Markets, up a tenth over its Sept ’11 time periods; Jeopardy! posted a 1.7, up 21%. The ratings gains for WOF and Jeopardy! came despite the shows’ changing stations in seven mid-season markets after Scripps Television Station Group decided to replace the game shows with locally-produced fare. All Scripps stations that ran WOF and Jeopardy! in the 7-8 PM hour leading to their primetime, saw their ratings in the time period drop between 31%-67%. Meanwhile, the ratings for the new stations in the markets that picked up the syndicated game shows shot up in the time slot 100%-650%.
'Jeopardy' & 'Wheel Of Fortune' Post Gains In Return, Boost Ratings On New Stations
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver: Donald Trump Tyrannizes TV News Week With "Bat-Sh*t Crazy" News Conference, Terrorism-In-Sweden Speech
Latest TV News
- Seth Meyers: Donald Trump’s Past Few Years In Office Have Only Been One Month
- Greta Van Susteren To Donald Trump: “Back Off”
- Harold Lloyd Pics To Be Animated; INTV Adds Li Ruigang Keynote – Global Briefs
- ‘Timeless’ Season Finale: Shawn Ryan On Big Twist & Reset For Potential Season 2
- ‘Timeless’ Awaits Renewal Decision By NBC As Season 1 Ends: Is It Out Of Time?
- Conan O’Brien Makes Guest Appearance On Mexican Telenovela ‘Mi Adorable Maldición’