The producing and directing duo behind the 1999 film 10 Things I Hate About You is reuniting for 10 Things I Hate About Life. London-based Intandem Films has greenlighted the project from writer-director Gil Junger and producer Andrew Lazar. Despite the similar titles, the romantic comedy that’s set in Los Angeles is not a sequel to the 1999 film that starred Heath Ledger, Julia Stiles and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Rather, it’s about a young man and woman who meet while each is attempting to commit suicide. Love develops and the pair realize life is worth living. Intandem CEO Gary Smith, who’s also producing, tells me, “It’s an uplifiting story but takes on the subject of misunderstood people.” The couple is currently being cast by Marcia Ross. Intandem is financing and selling the film, which will also be released in the UK by the company’s new distribution arm. Production starts in LA in November where Smith says the film wouldn’t have been able to shoot without help from the California Film Commission, which invested in the roughly $10M budget. Junger’s been busy in TV lately, directing episodes of Harry’s Law, Hot In Cleveland and the 10 Things I Hate About You series. He’ll also produce with Lazar and Smith. Lazar’s also working on Barry Sonnenfeld’s upcoming Lore. Intandem’s Sepideh Bakhtiari and Ben White are exec producers.
Intandem Greenlights ‘10 Things I Hate About Life’ From ‘10 Things’ Team
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest Film News
- Hounds At His Heels, Brad Grey Fights For Paramount’s Future –Part 1
- Doug Liman On The Challenges Of Shooting In The Virtual Reality Format
- SAG-AFTRA Teams With ATA To Pay Actors’ Unclaimed Residuals
- Topher Grace Joins Cast Of ‘Under The Silver Lake’
- Eric Bana To Star Opposite Forest Whitaker In Desmond Tutu Pic ‘The Forgiven’
- The Night State Sen. Ron Calderon Offered To Sell Out The Film Industry For A Bribe