The producing and directing duo behind the 1999 film 10 Things I Hate About You is reuniting for 10 Things I Hate About Life. London-based Intandem Films has greenlighted the project from writer-director Gil Junger and producer Andrew Lazar. Despite the similar titles, the romantic comedy that’s set in Los Angeles is not a sequel to the 1999 film that starred Heath Ledger, Julia Stiles and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Rather, it’s about a young man and woman who meet while each is attempting to commit suicide. Love develops and the pair realize life is worth living. Intandem CEO Gary Smith, who’s also producing, tells me, “It’s an uplifiting story but takes on the subject of misunderstood people.” The couple is currently being cast by Marcia Ross. Intandem is financing and selling the film, which will also be released in the UK by the company’s new distribution arm. Production starts in LA in November where Smith says the film wouldn’t have been able to shoot without help from the California Film Commission, which invested in the roughly $10M budget. Junger’s been busy in TV lately, directing episodes of Harry’s Law, Hot In Cleveland and the 10 Things I Hate About You series. He’ll also produce with Lazar and Smith. Lazar’s also working on Barry Sonnenfeld’s upcoming Lore. Intandem’s Sepideh Bakhtiari and Ben White are exec producers.
Intandem Greenlights ‘10 Things I Hate About Life’ From ‘10 Things’ Team
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘War For The Planet Of The Apes’ Invades New York Comic-Con
- ‘Star Trek’ Alums To Fans: Keep White House Donald Trump Free With Vote For Hillary Clinton
- Angelina Jolie In Talks To Star In TriStar’s ‘Shoot Like A Girl’
- ‘Miss Peregrine’ Eyes $27M-$28M; ‘Deepwater Horizon’ Drilling $21M-$22M – Midday B.O. Update
- Chris Hemsworth & Michael Shannon Saddle Up For Black Label Media, Jerry Bruckheimer’s ‘Horse Soldiers’
- Oscars & The New York Film Festival: How Will The Big Apple Event Affect The Race?