Episodes of the fourth series of Armando Iannucci’s British political sitcom will be available on Hulu and Hulu Plus beginning Sept. 9, immediately following their broadcast on BBC Two in the UK. In July, Hulu and BBC Worldwide Americas said they were teaming to co-produce the new season of The Thick Of It, marking the first international co-production for the streaming service. Hulu has had exclusive U.S. rights to the first three seasons of the foul-mouthed comedy since July 29. The show focuses on spin doctor Malcolm Tucker and the Department of Social Affairs and Citizenship. After a three-year hiatus, creator Iannucci (Veep, In the Loop) introduces a new Secretary of State to stir things up while Malcolm and MP Nicola Murray adapt to working in the opposition. All seven half-hours will be available via Hulu on Oct. 21.
Hulu Sets Streaming Start For New Season Of Armando Iannucci's 'The Thick Of It'
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Tartaglione
- Will Sony Hack Impact UK Channel 4's North Korea Spy Thriller 'Opposite Number'?
- Q&A: Adopt Films' Tim Grady On Getting Americans To See Foreign-Lingo Movies
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: A Preview Of Possibilities, Part 3
- 'The Interview' A No-Go Internationally As Well
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: A Preview Of Possibilities, Part 2
- Japan-North Korea Talks Seen Unaffected By Sony Hack Attack Revelations