Episodes of the fourth series of Armando Iannucci’s British political sitcom will be available on Hulu and Hulu Plus beginning Sept. 9, immediately following their broadcast on BBC Two in the UK. In July, Hulu and BBC Worldwide Americas said they were teaming to co-produce the new season of The Thick Of It, marking the first international co-production for the streaming service. Hulu has had exclusive U.S. rights to the first three seasons of the foul-mouthed comedy since July 29. The show focuses on spin doctor Malcolm Tucker and the Department of Social Affairs and Citizenship. After a three-year hiatus, creator Iannucci (Veep, In the Loop) introduces a new Secretary of State to stir things up while Malcolm and MP Nicola Murray adapt to working in the opposition. All seven half-hours will be available via Hulu on Oct. 21.
Hulu Sets Streaming Start For New Season Of Armando Iannucci's 'The Thick Of It'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Tartaglione
- Global Showbiz Briefs: Rome Film Festival Reveals First 5 English-Language Titles; Soda Pictures Bringing 'Phoenix' To UK; More
- 'Help! I Can't Cook' Serves Up Record Debut In Israel; Is Keshet In The Sweet Spot Again?
- China: Understanding & Respect Key To Massive Market, But Does Anybody Know Anything?
- Global Showbiz Briefs: BBC's Hugh Bonneville Starrer 'W1A' Back For Season 2; Denmark's TDC Group Paying $2.15B For Norwegian…
- Intl Box Office Final: No. 1 Bragging Rights In China Too Close To Call As 'Storm,' 'Expendables 3′ And 'Apes' Fight It Out
- Patrice Théroux Exiting eOne; Steve Bertram Named President Global Film Group