Episodes of the fourth series of Armando Iannucci’s British political sitcom will be available on Hulu and Hulu Plus beginning Sept. 9, immediately following their broadcast on BBC Two in the UK. In July, Hulu and BBC Worldwide Americas said they were teaming to co-produce the new season of The Thick Of It, marking the first international co-production for the streaming service. Hulu has had exclusive U.S. rights to the first three seasons of the foul-mouthed comedy since July 29. The show focuses on spin doctor Malcolm Tucker and the Department of Social Affairs and Citizenship. After a three-year hiatus, creator Iannucci (Veep, In the Loop) introduces a new Secretary of State to stir things up while Malcolm and MP Nicola Murray adapt to working in the opposition. All seven half-hours will be available via Hulu on Oct. 21.
Hulu Sets Streaming Start For New Season Of Armando Iannucci's 'The Thick Of It'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Edinburgh: Channel 4 Boss David Abraham Says UK TV Biz Showing U.S. How It's Done
- Edinburgh: Channel 4 Orders North Korea Political Thriller By Matt Charman
- Edinburgh: Judi Dench & More Join Benedict Cumberbatch In BBC Two's 'Richard III'
- Edinburgh: Channel 4 Joins Acquisition Bandwagon With Stakes In 4 Indies
- Global Showbiz Briefs: BBC Unveils 'Doctor Who' Web Series; 'Coronation Street' & 'Emmerdale' Staying On Aussie TV Into 2020
- Global Showbiz Briefs: Tom Cruise, 'Edge Of Tomorrow' Score Japan Cool Prizes; Bloomsbury Set Circled For 'Life In Squares'