Episodes of the fourth series of Armando Iannucci’s British political sitcom will be available on Hulu and Hulu Plus beginning Sept. 9, immediately following their broadcast on BBC Two in the UK. In July, Hulu and BBC Worldwide Americas said they were teaming to co-produce the new season of The Thick Of It, marking the first international co-production for the streaming service. Hulu has had exclusive U.S. rights to the first three seasons of the foul-mouthed comedy since July 29. The show focuses on spin doctor Malcolm Tucker and the Department of Social Affairs and Citizenship. After a three-year hiatus, creator Iannucci (Veep, In the Loop) introduces a new Secretary of State to stir things up while Malcolm and MP Nicola Murray adapt to working in the opposition. All seven half-hours will be available via Hulu on Oct. 21.
Hulu Sets Streaming Start For New Season Of Armando Iannucci's 'The Thick Of It'
What's Hot on Deadline
Donald Trump Defends "Restrained" Twitter Bashing Of Alec Baldwin & 'SNL' In Person Of Year Interview
Latest TV News
- ‘@midnight’ Host Chris Hardwick On New Slot, Show’s Political Transformation, Post-Election Plans & ‘Talking Dead…
- ‘Black-ish’ Boss On The Benefits Of Industry Nepotism & Changing The Television World
- Starz Shareholders Formally Endorse Sale To Lionsgate
- House Bill Would Jettison FCC’s Ban On Local Media Cross-Ownership
- Conan O’Brien Skirts Late-Night Political Minefield With Berlin Road Trip
- ‘The Devil’s Defender’: John Henry Browne Autobiography Being Adapted For TV