Episodes of the fourth series of Armando Iannucci’s British political sitcom will be available on Hulu and Hulu Plus beginning Sept. 9, immediately following their broadcast on BBC Two in the UK. In July, Hulu and BBC Worldwide Americas said they were teaming to co-produce the new season of The Thick Of It, marking the first international co-production for the streaming service. Hulu has had exclusive U.S. rights to the first three seasons of the foul-mouthed comedy since July 29. The show focuses on spin doctor Malcolm Tucker and the Department of Social Affairs and Citizenship. After a three-year hiatus, creator Iannucci (Veep, In the Loop) introduces a new Secretary of State to stir things up while Malcolm and MP Nicola Murray adapt to working in the opposition. All seven half-hours will be available via Hulu on Oct. 21.
Hulu Sets Streaming Start For New Season Of Armando Iannucci's 'The Thick Of It'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Int'l Box Office Update: 'The Equalizer' Clocks $19M In Debut; 'Maze Runner' Races To $92.3M; 'Gone Girl' On Deck; More
- 'Downton Abbey' UK Ratings: Overnights Decline, But Don't Tell Whole Story
- Roland Emmerich's 'Stonewall' Sells To Warner Bros Germany In 1st Major Deal
- UK Producers Liza Marshall, Kris Thykier Launch Archery Pictures
- Jon Hamm, Oona Chaplin, Rafe Spall Board C4's Mind-Bending 'Black Mirror' Christmas Special