Episodes of the fourth series of Armando Iannucci’s British political sitcom will be available on Hulu and Hulu Plus beginning Sept. 9, immediately following their broadcast on BBC Two in the UK. In July, Hulu and BBC Worldwide Americas said they were teaming to co-produce the new season of The Thick Of It, marking the first international co-production for the streaming service. Hulu has had exclusive U.S. rights to the first three seasons of the foul-mouthed comedy since July 29. The show focuses on spin doctor Malcolm Tucker and the Department of Social Affairs and Citizenship. After a three-year hiatus, creator Iannucci (Veep, In the Loop) introduces a new Secretary of State to stir things up while Malcolm and MP Nicola Murray adapt to working in the opposition. All seven half-hours will be available via Hulu on Oct. 21.
Hulu Sets Streaming Start For New Season Of Armando Iannucci's 'The Thick Of It'
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Tartaglione
- 'Mockingjay', 'Penguins' & 'Horrible Bosses 2′ Cook Up T-Giving Box Office
- Talking Turkey: Endemol Feasts On New Series In Bountiful Market (Video)
- Mel Brooks To Voice Adam Sandler's Vampire Dad In 'Hotel Transylvania 2′
- ITV Has Faith In 'Grantchester', Orders 2nd Season Of Period Mystery Series
- Guest Stars Set For 'Downton Abbey' Christmas Episode; Endemol Inks With Amber TV: Global Showbiz Briefs
- Justin Chatwin, James Frain Join BBC America's 'Orphan Black' For Season 3