Episodes of the fourth series of Armando Iannucci’s British political sitcom will be available on Hulu and Hulu Plus beginning Sept. 9, immediately following their broadcast on BBC Two in the UK. In July, Hulu and BBC Worldwide Americas said they were teaming to co-produce the new season of The Thick Of It, marking the first international co-production for the streaming service. Hulu has had exclusive U.S. rights to the first three seasons of the foul-mouthed comedy since July 29. The show focuses on spin doctor Malcolm Tucker and the Department of Social Affairs and Citizenship. After a three-year hiatus, creator Iannucci (Veep, In the Loop) introduces a new Secretary of State to stir things up while Malcolm and MP Nicola Murray adapt to working in the opposition. All seven half-hours will be available via Hulu on Oct. 21.
Hulu Sets Streaming Start For New Season Of Armando Iannucci's 'The Thick Of It'
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev 'Mortal Engines'; Directing Debut For 'Hobbit' VFX Protege Christian Rivers
Latest TV News
- CBS Buys Liz Feldman Family Comedy
- Lauren Ambrose Lands Female Lead In TNT Drama Pilot ‘Monsters Of God’
- ‘The Punisher’: Michael Nathanson Joins Cast Of New Marvel Series For Netflix
- Obama Wins Late-Night As ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’ Tops Preliminary Ratings
- ‘Married At First Sight’ Renewed For Season 5 On FYI
- ‘Notorious’ Order Cut To 10 Episodes By ABC