Episodes of the fourth series of Armando Iannucci’s British political sitcom will be available on Hulu and Hulu Plus beginning Sept. 9, immediately following their broadcast on BBC Two in the UK. In July, Hulu and BBC Worldwide Americas said they were teaming to co-produce the new season of The Thick Of It, marking the first international co-production for the streaming service. Hulu has had exclusive U.S. rights to the first three seasons of the foul-mouthed comedy since July 29. The show focuses on spin doctor Malcolm Tucker and the Department of Social Affairs and Citizenship. After a three-year hiatus, creator Iannucci (Veep, In the Loop) introduces a new Secretary of State to stir things up while Malcolm and MP Nicola Murray adapt to working in the opposition. All seven half-hours will be available via Hulu on Oct. 21.
Hulu Sets Streaming Start For New Season Of Armando Iannucci's 'The Thick Of It'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Revenge' Ratings Leap After Cancellation, 'Secrets & Lies', 'Last Man On Earth' & 'Madam Secretary' Finales Even
Latest TV News
- WGA East To Reality Producers: Let’s Talk Collective Bargaining
- Chiller Unveils First Original Series ‘Slasher’, More New Movies
- ‘Conan’ At Comic-Con: TBS Show To Telecast Wednesday Through Saturday At Confab
- ‘Hollywood Today Live’ Snags Distribution Deal; Matt Doran To Host ‘Crime Watch Daily’
- Peter Chernin: Periscope Didn’t Plan To Help Mayweather-Pacquiao Pirating
- ‘Drunk Wedding’ Filmmaker Nick Weiss Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios