The Earl of Grantham is doing one for the kids. Downton Abbey star Hugh Bonneville will play the title role in BBC One children’s novel adaptation Mr. Stink. The family comedy is based on the book by comic actor David Walliams, best known as half of the Little Britain duo. Walliams and Simon Nye are adapting. BBC In-house is producing. The story follows a lonely 12-year-old girl who befriends a local tramp, Mr. Stink. When she invites him to hide out in her yard, she must try to conceal him while coping with her complicated family. Harish Patel (David Schwimmer’s Run Fat Boy Run) and Walliams also star. Bonneville may be stiff-upper-lipped as Downton‘s Robert Crawley, but he’s no stranger to comedy. He recently starred in BBC Olympics mockumentary Twenty Twelve which also ran on BBC America and won the 2011 British Comedy Award for best sitcom. Shooting starts on Mr. Stink in October for broadcast later this year. Ab Fab‘s Jo Sargent is producing, the BBC’s Mark Freeland is exec producing and Declan Lowney directs.
Hugh Bonneville To Star In BBC One Family Comedy ‘Mr. Stink’
What's Hot on Deadline
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
'The Resident' Writer Zachary Lutsky Under Review In Light Of Past Sexual Harassment Allegations On 'Code Black'
Jason Blum's Advice To Burgeoning Producers At Sundance: "Don’t Worry About Your Movie Getting A Theatrical Release"
SAG Awards Analysis: 'Three Billboards' Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC's 'This Is Us' Shakes Things Up On TV Side
Latest International News
- Sony Launches Free-To-Air Crime Channel In The UK
- Megyn Kelly Plays “Hanoi Jane” Card In Feud With Jane Fonda Over Plastic Surgery Question
- British TV Host Billie JD Porter Details Vice Harassment Allegations
- Caryn Mandabach Prods Developing Kazuo Ishiguro’s ‘When We Were Orphans’
- Peter Jackson To Direct First World War Feature Documentary
- ‘Jumanji’ At $768M WW Intensity & 4th #1 In A Row Overseas; ‘Maze Runner: Death Cure’ Debuts – International…