After executive producing the London Olympics’ closing ceremony, Stephen Daldry is turning his attention to another live spectacle with The Audience, a stage play written by The Queen scribe Peter Morgan. The Queen Oscar winner Helen Mirren will return to the stage and the role of Queen Elizabeth II for the run in London’s West End beginning February 15, 2013. For 60 years, the Queen has met with each of 12 Prime Ministers from Winston Churchill to David Cameron in a weekly audience at Buckingham Palace. The meetings are private with an unspoken agreement never to reveal their contents. The Audience imagines a series of pivotal, sometimes revealing meetings between the Queen and the PMs. Matthew Byam Shaw for Playful Productions, Robert Fox and Andy Harries are producing.
Helen Mirren, Stephen Daldry, Peter Morgan Team For West End Drama ‘The Audience’
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Plans 80 Movies In 2018, Up From Eight In Current Quarter; "People Will Start Seeing The Potential"
Latest International News
- TV Azteca, Keshet Team For Super Series; Acorn Looks ‘Straight Forward’ – Mipcom
- Amazon Scraps London Showcase Event That Roy Price Was Set To Attend
- Review: ‘The Siege’ From Palestinian Freedom Theatre; Also, Betty Buckley’s Master Class
- Roy Dotrice Dies: Tony Winner & ‘Amadeus’ Actor Was 94
- ‘House Of Cards’ Helped Russia Plant Anti-Hillary Messages During Presidential Race: Report
- HBO CEO Richard Plepler Talks Growth, ‘Game Of Thrones’, Bringing Offshore Originals To U.S. – Mipcom