After executive producing the London Olympics’ closing ceremony, Stephen Daldry is turning his attention to another live spectacle with The Audience, a stage play written by The Queen scribe Peter Morgan. The Queen Oscar winner Helen Mirren will return to the stage and the role of Queen Elizabeth II for the run in London’s West End beginning February 15, 2013. For 60 years, the Queen has met with each of 12 Prime Ministers from Winston Churchill to David Cameron in a weekly audience at Buckingham Palace. The meetings are private with an unspoken agreement never to reveal their contents. The Audience imagines a series of pivotal, sometimes revealing meetings between the Queen and the PMs. Matthew Byam Shaw for Playful Productions, Robert Fox and Andy Harries are producing.
Helen Mirren, Stephen Daldry, Peter Morgan Team For West End Drama ‘The Audience’
What's Hot on Deadline
Trevor Noah On Trump Ignoring First 100 Days: If Voters Chose The Number They Preferred "You Wouldn’t Be In The White House”
'Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2' Review: Chris Pratt Leads Best Marvel Cast Ever To Save The Universe (And This Sequel)
'Bates Motel' Shuts Its Doors With Bloody Series Finale; Will Other Hitchcock Pics Find Their Way To TV?
'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Trailer: Julianne Moore, Channing Tatum & Jeff Bridges Join The Action For Round 2
Latest International News
- Netflix Scales Chinese Entry Wall By Striking Licensing Deal With iQiyi
- ‘Transformers’ Tom DeSanto, China’s CITIC Guoan Pact On Co-Productions
- Sundance London Announces Lineup; ‘A Ghost Story’ Set To Close Event
- Directors’ Fortnight Adds Title; Karlovy Vary Sets Tributes – Global Briefs
- Henrik Bastin Re-Ups As CEO At Fabrik Entertainment
- Paradigm, Yucaipa Partner With Big European Music Agency, X-Ray Touring