After executive producing the London Olympics’ closing ceremony, Stephen Daldry is turning his attention to another live spectacle with The Audience, a stage play written by The Queen scribe Peter Morgan. The Queen Oscar winner Helen Mirren will return to the stage and the role of Queen Elizabeth II for the run in London’s West End beginning February 15, 2013. For 60 years, the Queen has met with each of 12 Prime Ministers from Winston Churchill to David Cameron in a weekly audience at Buckingham Palace. The meetings are private with an unspoken agreement never to reveal their contents. The Audience imagines a series of pivotal, sometimes revealing meetings between the Queen and the PMs. Matthew Byam Shaw for Playful Productions, Robert Fox and Andy Harries are producing.
Helen Mirren, Stephen Daldry, Peter Morgan Team For West End Drama ‘The Audience’
What's Hot on Deadline
‘Sherlock’ Creators & Cast On Season 4 Finale's Thrills & Heart; Is This Really ‘The Final Problem’ For The Baker Street Boys?
'Hidden Figures' Calculates $25M+ Weekend, But Why Are So Many Movies Bombing Over MLK? - Monday AM Update
Latest International News
- Isabelle Huppert Adds Another Honor As Oscar Noms Loom
- Cannes Film Festival Re-Elects Pierre Lescure As President; Lionsgate Inks Deals For ‘Kicking & Screaming’…
- Donald Trump Praises Brexit, Slams EU & NATO In First Euro Post-Election Interview
- ‘Sherlock’ Season 4 Finale Hits Series Low; BBC Probing Russian Online Leak
- 'Sherlock' Creators & Cast On Season 4 Finale’s Thrills & Heart; Is This Really 'The Final Problem' For The Baker…
- ‘Rogue One’ Rises To $980M Global; ‘Passengers’ Takes Over Offshore No. 1 – International…