Good Morning America beat rival Today last week in total viewers and the adults 25-54 demo by the widest margin in 18 years. GMA outperformed its NBC morning-show rival by 883,000 total viewers for the week of August 27-31, the largest victory for the ABC show since the week of May 16, 1994. Among the key demo, GMA has 1.969 million compared to Today’s 1.817 million, the widest gap since the week of August 15, 1994. It was a week of upheaval on GMA last week: As expected, anchor Robin Roberts announced that August 31 would be her last day on the air before leaving to undergo a bone marrow transplant. Still, except for a bump during the London Olympics, Today has lagged GMA for eight of the past 10 weeks this summer.
'GMA' Pulls Ahead Of 'Today' By Biggest Margin In Decades
What's Hot on Deadline
'Westworld' Finale Postmortem: EP Jonathan Nolan On Season 2's Samurai World, Missing Characters & Dr. Ford's Fate
Shake-Up At 'Duck Dynasty' Producer Gurney Productions: Founders Placed On "Temporary Leave Of Absence"
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $180M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
Latest TV News
- Jimmy Kimmel On Oscar Hosting: Taiwan President Called To Offer Congratulations
- First Look At Madonna Carpool Voguing With James Corden
- Note To Oscar Host Jimmy Kimmel: Johnny Carson’s Suit Patterns Are Up For Sale
- ‘Big Little Lies’ Trailer: Watch HBO’s Murderous Moms Of Monterey
- Jimmy Kimmel To Host The Oscars
- Shake-Up At ‘Duck Dynasty’ Producer Gurney Productions: Founders Placed On “Temporary Leave Of Absence”…