Good Morning America beat rival Today last week in total viewers and the adults 25-54 demo by the widest margin in 18 years. GMA outperformed its NBC morning-show rival by 883,000 total viewers for the week of August 27-31, the largest victory for the ABC show since the week of May 16, 1994. Among the key demo, GMA has 1.969 million compared to Today’s 1.817 million, the widest gap since the week of August 15, 1994. It was a week of upheaval on GMA last week: As expected, anchor Robin Roberts announced that August 31 would be her last day on the air before leaving to undergo a bone marrow transplant. Still, except for a bump during the London Olympics, Today has lagged GMA for eight of the past 10 weeks this summer.
'GMA' Pulls Ahead Of 'Today' By Biggest Margin In Decades
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
John Oliver: Donald Trump Tyrannizes TV News Week With "Bat-Sh*t Crazy" News Conference, Terrorism-In-Sweden Speech
Simon & Schuster Cancels Milo Yiannopoulos 'Dangerous' Book Deal After Conservative Blog Digs Up Old Interview
Latest TV News
- ‘Timeless’ Season Finale: Shawn Ryan On Big Twist & Reset For Potential Season 2
- ‘Timeless’ Awaits Renewal Decision By NBC As Season 1 Ends: Is It Out Of Time?
- Conan O’Brien Makes Guest Appearance On Mexican Telenovela ‘Mi Adorable Maldición’
- Brenda Buttner Dies: Fox News ‘Bulls And Bears’ Host Was 55
- Judd Apatow Roasts Donald Trump In Stand-up Routine: “I Feel Like I’ve Just Been Raped”
- Simon & Schuster Cancels Milo Yiannopoulos ‘Dangerous’ Book Deal After Conservative Blog Digs Up Old Interview