Longtime movie marketing executive Geoff Ammer has died. He was 62 and died this morning at St. John’s Medical Center in Santa Monica after suffering a heart attack. Ammer most recently served as president and CEO of Clarius Entertainment, an independent marketing and distribution company. Earlier Ammer also ran his own marketing consulting company G2. His most recent studio gig was as worldwide marketing president of Relativity Media, and he held similar high-level positions at Sony Pictures, 20th Century Fox, the Walt Disney Co., Marvel Studios and at Andy Vajna’s Cinergi Pictures Entertainment and Joe Roth’s Revolution Studios. At Marvel he oversaw marketing for the studio’s first self-produced feature films including Iron Man, The Hulk as well as Iron Man 2 and Thor, all of which were distributed by other studios under arrangements made prior to Disney’s acquisition of Marvel. Ammer also served as president of worldwide marketing at Sony Pictures Entertainment where he headed a team that launched dozens of major movies including Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2, Hitch, The Grudge, 50 First Dates, Bad Boys 2, Something’s Gotta Give, Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle, S.W.A.T., XXX, Anger Management, Men in black II, Maid in Manhattan, Panic Room and Black Hawk Down. At Disney, Ammer led campaigns for a diverse group of movies including the live-action 101 Dalmatians, The Rock, Armageddon, Ransom, Friday Night Lights and The Insider, among numerous others. While at Fox, Ammer and his team handled campaigns for Die Hard, Edward Scissorhands, Prizzi’s Honor, Wall Street, Broadcast News, Working Girl and Last Of The Mohicans. Survived by his wife Mia Ricchiuti Ammer, son Geoffrey Jr., daughter Annie and two sisters.
R.I.P. Geoffrey Ammer
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Lands 'Outlaw King'; David Mackenzie Directs Chris Pine As Robert The Bruce In Scottish Epic
'Fate Of The Furious' Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops 'Transformers' In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- E/F/O, Tri G Co-Finance De Niro-Starrer ‘The War With Grandpa’ With Marro Films; Uma Thurman, Rob Riggle…
- ‘Big Little Lies’ Kathryn Newton, Gideon Adlon & Geraldine Viswanathan Make ‘The Pact’
- ‘Fate Of The Furious’ Drives Over Five Newcomers With $38.4M; Second Frame Down 61% – Final B.O.
- Estonian Folk Tale ‘November’ Acquired By Oscilloscope – Tribeca
- ‘Aardvark’ Producer-Star Zachary Quinto On Film’s “Valiant” Exploration Of Mental Illness…
- Black Label, Sony Pictures Firm Team-up On ‘Granite Mountain’ & ‘Soldado’