A lot has been written about the decline of broadcast’s 10 PM hour at the hands of cable drama that is starting to catch up with its network competitors in the ratings. The trend was in full force last night when FX’s Sons Of Anarchy beat two broadcast dramas to finish second in the 10 PM time period in adults 18-49 and 18-34. In adults 18-49, SOA averaged a 2.1 rating (2.63 million viewers), down a modest 8% from last week when it faced weaker competition. It finished No.2 in the demo in all of television only behind the series premiere of CBS’ Vegas (2.5/3.15 million) and ahead of the season premiere of Private Practice (1.9/2.37 million) and an original Parenthood (1.8/2.28 million). It also out-delivered the combo of the fourth season premiere of Comedy Central’s Tosh.0 (1.3), which finished second among all cable shows last night behind SOA, and the series premiere of Brickleberry (1.0).
FX’s ‘Sons Of Anarchy’ Finishes No. 2 At 10 PM
What's Hot on Deadline
ABC Orders Drama Pilots 'The Good Doctor' & 'Doomsday' From David Shore, Daniel Dae Kim & Carol Mendesohn
Latest TV News
- Bachelor Comedy Starring Gabriel Iglesias In Works At ABC From Ryan Seacrest’s Co.
- ‘The Librarians’ Renewed For Season 4 By TNT
- ‘Quantico’ Ratings Rise Behind Resurgent ‘The Bachelor’, ‘Man With a Plan’ Grows More, ‘Celebrity Apprentice’ Hits…
- Tucker Carlson’s First Two Weeks In Primetime Outstrip Megyn Kelly On FNC
- NBC Greenlights Pilot ‘5 Gold Rings’, Based On ITV’s Interactive Game Show
- ‘Meet The Press’ Scores Biggest Crowd In Eight Years With Kellyanne Conway “Alternative Facts” Interview