A lot has been written about the decline of broadcast’s 10 PM hour at the hands of cable drama that is starting to catch up with its network competitors in the ratings. The trend was in full force last night when FX’s Sons Of Anarchy beat two broadcast dramas to finish second in the 10 PM time period in adults 18-49 and 18-34. In adults 18-49, SOA averaged a 2.1 rating (2.63 million viewers), down a modest 8% from last week when it faced weaker competition. It finished No.2 in the demo in all of television only behind the series premiere of CBS’ Vegas (2.5/3.15 million) and ahead of the season premiere of Private Practice (1.9/2.37 million) and an original Parenthood (1.8/2.28 million). It also out-delivered the combo of the fourth season premiere of Comedy Central’s Tosh.0 (1.3), which finished second among all cable shows last night behind SOA, and the series premiere of Brickleberry (1.0).
FX’s ‘Sons Of Anarchy’ Finishes No. 2 At 10 PM
What's Hot on Deadline
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘Scandal’ Cast Tease 100th Episode & Characters’ Fates At Emotional Panel – PaleyFest
- CNN Hires “Silly, Craven” Conservatives, Podcaster Jon Lovett Says…On CNN
- The President Trumpets Jeanine Pirro: Is Paul Ryan Just Collateral Damage?
- ‘Westworld’ Team On The Series’ Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution…
- ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Cast And EPs Talk “Huge Twist” And Final Episodes – PaleyFest
- Dan Aykroyd, Griffin Dunne Remember Carrie & Debbie, “Beloved Showboats”