A lot has been written about the decline of broadcast’s 10 PM hour at the hands of cable drama that is starting to catch up with its network competitors in the ratings. The trend was in full force last night when FX’s Sons Of Anarchy beat two broadcast dramas to finish second in the 10 PM time period in adults 18-49 and 18-34. In adults 18-49, SOA averaged a 2.1 rating (2.63 million viewers), down a modest 8% from last week when it faced weaker competition. It finished No.2 in the demo in all of television only behind the series premiere of CBS’ Vegas (2.5/3.15 million) and ahead of the season premiere of Private Practice (1.9/2.37 million) and an original Parenthood (1.8/2.28 million). It also out-delivered the combo of the fourth season premiere of Comedy Central’s Tosh.0 (1.3), which finished second among all cable shows last night behind SOA, and the series premiere of Brickleberry (1.0).
FX’s ‘Sons Of Anarchy’ Finishes No. 2 At 10 PM
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Last Jedi' Now Opening To $219M+: How Disney Continues To Win With The 'Star Wars' Franchise - Update
Harvey Weinstein Again Denies Blackballing Actresses: Says He Wanted Ashley Judd For 'Good Will Hunting'
Latest TV News
- Sam Rockwell To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’ In January
- ‘SNL’: Alec Baldwin Ends War On Christmas As Omarosa Begs Forgiveness
- Gretchen Carlson To Former Fox Colleague Bill O’Reilly: “Who Are U Fooling?”
- XFL Return Rumored As WWE Head Vince McMahon Forms New Investment Venture
- ‘SNL’ Cast Member Pete Davidson Shows Off Hillary Clinton Tattoo
- Agent Olivia Metzger Leaving CAA; Clients Include Jeff Glor, Hoda Kotb: Report