A lot has been written about the decline of broadcast’s 10 PM hour at the hands of cable drama that is starting to catch up with its network competitors in the ratings. The trend was in full force last night when FX’s Sons Of Anarchy beat two broadcast dramas to finish second in the 10 PM time period in adults 18-49 and 18-34. In adults 18-49, SOA averaged a 2.1 rating (2.63 million viewers), down a modest 8% from last week when it faced weaker competition. It finished No.2 in the demo in all of television only behind the series premiere of CBS’ Vegas (2.5/3.15 million) and ahead of the season premiere of Private Practice (1.9/2.37 million) and an original Parenthood (1.8/2.28 million). It also out-delivered the combo of the fourth season premiere of Comedy Central’s Tosh.0 (1.3), which finished second among all cable shows last night behind SOA, and the series premiere of Brickleberry (1.0).
FX’s ‘Sons Of Anarchy’ Finishes No. 2 At 10 PM
What's Hot on Deadline
‘Boyhood’, 'Grand Budapest', 'Lego Movie' Score Big At 65th ACE Eddie Awards -- Complete Winners List
Bryan Cranston & David Shore's ‘Sneaky Pete’ Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
More From Andreeva
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete' Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres