A lot has been written about the decline of broadcast’s 10 PM hour at the hands of cable drama that is starting to catch up with its network competitors in the ratings. The trend was in full force last night when FX’s Sons Of Anarchy beat two broadcast dramas to finish second in the 10 PM time period in adults 18-49 and 18-34. In adults 18-49, SOA averaged a 2.1 rating (2.63 million viewers), down a modest 8% from last week when it faced weaker competition. It finished No.2 in the demo in all of television only behind the series premiere of CBS’ Vegas (2.5/3.15 million) and ahead of the season premiere of Private Practice (1.9/2.37 million) and an original Parenthood (1.8/2.28 million). It also out-delivered the combo of the fourth season premiere of Comedy Central’s Tosh.0 (1.3), which finished second among all cable shows last night behind SOA, and the series premiere of Brickleberry (1.0).
FX’s ‘Sons Of Anarchy’ Finishes No. 2 At 10 PM
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
John Oliver: Donald Trump Tyrannizes TV News Week With "Bat-Sh*t Crazy" News Conference, Terrorism-In-Sweden Speech
Simon & Schuster Cancels Milo Yiannopoulos 'Dangerous' Book Deal After Conservative Blog Digs Up Old Interview
Latest TV News
- ‘Timeless’ Season Finale: Shawn Ryan On Big Twist & Reset For Potential Season 2
- ‘Timeless’ Awaits Renewal Decision By NBC As Season 1 Ends: Is It Out Of Time?
- Conan O’Brien Makes Guest Appearance On Mexican Telenovela ‘Mi Adorable Maldición’
- Brenda Buttner Dies: Fox News ‘Bulls And Bears’ Host Was 55
- Judd Apatow Roasts Donald Trump In Stand-up Routine: “I Feel Like I’ve Just Been Raped”
- Simon & Schuster Cancels Milo Yiannopoulos ‘Dangerous’ Book Deal After Conservative Blog Digs Up…