Production on the upcoming Fox comedy series The Mindy Project will stop for a week. The series, which is finishing up Episode 7 right now, was scheduled to continue shooting next week. On Monday and Tuesday, it was to film without star/creator/executive producer Mindy Kaling, who is scheduled to do promotional appearances in New York on Today, The Late Show With David Letterman and Live! With Kelly And Michael. Instead, the producers of the Universal TV series decided to move up one of the two weeks of planned October hiatus to next week. Although there will be no filming, the writers will continue work next week, catching up on scripts. Mindy Project, which stars The Office alumna Kaling as a young OB/GYN doctor, premieres September. 25.
Fox's 'Mindy Project' Takes Weeklong Hiatus
What's Hot on Deadline
Robert Redford Sanguine About Donald Trump But "Depressed" About Partisan Politics At Sundance Opening Presser
'Split' Soars To Mid-$30M After Solid $2M Start; 'xXx,' $1.2M, 'Founder,' $105K In Previews As 'Hidden Figures' Stays Strong - Friday - UPDATE
Paramount Gets China Infusion: $1 Billion, 3-Year Slate Co-Financing Deal With Shanghai Film Group & Huahua Media
Hollywood Reacts To Trump Inauguration: "Country Is Lost", Tweets Alec Baldwin; Scott Baio Proud To Be "Deplorable"
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Treats Trump International Hotel Guests To First Look At First Family Walking Inaugural Parade Route
- Kinetic Content Ups Key Development Execs To EVP Roles
- Obama Can’t Stop Speechifying As President Trump Signs First Bill, Forcing TV Networks To Make Choices
- Settlement Reached In Legal Fight Over ‘Star Trek’ Fan Film
- Donald Trump’s FCC Chairman Pick Is Ajit Pai: Report
- Malcolm-Jamal Warner Joins ABC Drama Series ‘Ten Days In The Valley’